The online racing simulator
#26 - Nobo
no its 14:00 UTC which means 16:00 CEST
that was my latest info from german and international forum
Aha! Thanks for the clarification.
Quote from ORION :We are going to use the latest patch, which is W17 now.
At least he official W patch will NOT be used.

I'm sorry if I'm boring or something...
Is W17 going to be used and for qualify and is there going to be extra weight on qualify session?
I posted on zie German forum. This was my reply:

"Hi, yes you are right. We will drive qualifying and race always with the newest testpatch. So for the qualy it seems to be testpatch w17 atm. But for the race we hope to get the new patch x. Otherwise we will drive the race with the latest testpatch that is stable.

The organisation decided this way to get more cars on the track and for using the new balancing in the classes."
24H servers are still on old patch! Why don't you change them???
Quote from joshdifabio :I posted on zie German forum. This was my reply:

"Hi, yes you are right. We will drive qualifying and race always with the newest testpatch. So for the qualy it seems to be testpatch w17 atm. But for the race we hope to get the new patch x. Otherwise we will drive the race with the latest testpatch that is stable.

The organisation decided this way to get more cars on the track and for using the new balancing in the classes."

As he said, the latest testpatch, So qualy will be at W21 or any higher testpatch if it gets published by scawen before one of the qualifying sessions (also officially stated - but only in german).

@N I K I: I also ranted about this in the german forums a few minutes ago. Did not get a clear answer (i.e. Changing the server's version to W21) yet .

@ALL:

Quote from ZT-BasTi, on the german forums :
Qualifying Dates

2007-05-11 Friday 17:00 UTC (18:00 WEST/BST/IST; 19:00 CEST)
2007-05-11 Friday 19:00 UTC (20:00 WEST/BST/IST; 21:00 CEST)

2007-05-12 Saturday 17:00 UTC (18:00 WEST/BST/IST; 19:00 CEST)
2007-05-12 Saturday 19:00 UTC (20:00 WEST/BST/IST; 21:00 CEST)

2007-05-13 Sunday 17:00 UTC (18:00 WEST/BST/IST; 19:00 CEST)
2007-05-13 Sunday 19:00 UTC (20:00 WEST/BST/IST; 21:00 CEST)

Nah, from what I remember from the posts on the main forum, Orion stated that the quali is using patch W, while the main 24h race is going to use the patch X or latest test patch..
No, W21 will be used for ALL quali sessions, to keep things abslutely fair
I signed up for the 19:00 UTC Session, but i wanna change this.
Can u tell me when the signup Site will be back up?
Quote from SchneeFee :I signed up for the 19:00 UTC Session, but i wanna change this.
Can u tell me when the signup Site will be back up?

You do not need to signup for quali anymore, just hook on to the server and do your quali
oh, another new info i havent seen yet?
Meanwhile we got 4 threads.

edit: i checked out the Info Thread - but how can i change my signup for the quali session to a different time?
Quote from SchneeFee :oh, another new info i havent seen yet?
Meanwhile we got 4 threads.

edit: i checked out the Info Thread - but how can i change my signup for the quali session to a different time?

It's been changed, now you just turn up when you like to any of the sessions. They lost the quali signups when the site went down yesterday.
thx!

edit: got the msg josh?
TEAM LFSLA#1 number 058 change FZR to FXR
just curious:
Now that the Quali is over, when will we be informed on which server everyone will race?
thx.
And also, how will it be decided?

Will you split each class into thirds and combine those thirds to make server grids? i.e., top 1/3 of the GTRs plus top 1/3 of the nGTRs etc etc?

If you do that, of course, there's no proper way to take 1/3 of the XFG/XRG class, or the TBO class. Would you put all TBOs on one server, all LRFs on another, all XFG/XRG on the third?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
Will you split each class into thirds and combine those thirds to make server grids? i.e., top 1/3 of the GTRs plus top 1/3 of the nGTRs etc etc?

thats what i am expecting.
#43 - Nobo
I honestly hope they make 4 servers, you dont have the standard of driving in a "community race" as you have it in a MoE race, so 25 cars on track could end up in a mess, especially for the smaller cars.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Will you split each class into thirds and combine those thirds to make server grids? i.e., top 1/3 of the GTRs plus top 1/3 of the nGTRs etc etc?

I personally think that the classes in which only a handful of teams are competing, should not be broken up. For example, there are currently only two cars in the bottom class, 5 in the TBO class and 4 driving the LX6. It would probably be more enjoyable for the drivers in those classes if they weren't split up.
I agree. Therefore, I think that if there are going to be three servers (split as evenly as possible: 25/25/24), the best split would be like so:

Server 1:
15 GTR (Positions 1-15)
6 nGTR (Positions 44-49)
4 LX6 (Positions 64-67)

Server 2:
14 GTR (Positions 16-29)
6 nGTR (Positions 50-56)
5 TBO (Positions 68-72)

Server 3:
14 GTR (Positions 30-43)
8 nGTR (Positions 57-63)
2 XFG/XRG (Positions 73-74)

*qual positions, obviously
Quote from joshdifabio :I personally think that the classes in which only a handful of teams are competing, should not be broken up. For example, there are currently only two cars in the bottom class, 5 in the TBO class and 4 driving the LX6. It would probably be more enjoyable for the drivers in those classes if they weren't split up.

agreeing on that.
Quote from joshdifabio :I personally think that the classes in which only a handful of teams are competing, should not be broken up. For example, there are currently only two cars in the bottom class, 5 in the TBO class and 4 driving the LX6. It would probably be more enjoyable for the drivers in those classes if they weren't split up.

I second that
...or did you mean that all of the slower classes should be concentrated on one server (LRF/TBO/GT)? That'd be 11 cars.

At that point you could either even it out by giving that server 13 of the slowest GTRs/nGTRs, or you could leave them alone and have the other two servers run at max capacity (32 on one server, 31 on the other).

Personally, I'd rather see the car load more evenly spread out for two reasons:

1. I like the challenge of having a lot of different cars on the track.
2. Though I like having a large number of cars on track, 25 is probably a lot better for everyone fps/lag-wise than 32.

So, for those reasons, I'd prefer the division I outlined in that earlier post.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :...or did you mean that all of the slower classes should be concentrated on one server (LRF/TBO/GT)? That'd be 11 cars.

No, I meant what you suggested in post #45 .
DeadWolfBones is very close to what we are currently planning to do...

But however, things can change in the last 2 quali sessions (because only 3/4 of all teams that signed up drove a hotlap, and I got a "few" pms from people who couldnt participate, asking for another quali, we are going for 2 more )

the date for the last quali will be announced shortly.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG