The online racing simulator
And the BMW M6 goes to...
(130 posts, started )
Quote from Silverracer :Wow, good stuff!

Was this the biggest LFS-related prize? There was a VWS given out back in the day, too, right? What else have been noteworthy prizes?

A M6!

Around 2009 when ESL was still a thing, the finale was at CeBIT (computer exhibition) and the winner won a BMW. (some roadster, Z3 or such)

In 2016 there was 5000€ / 2500€ / 1250€ for P1,2,3 in that fininsh TV show thing with the cockpits in the studio. (I hope they at least also paid for travel and hotels?)
Last year they changed it to racing over internet and was price money of 10.000, 6.000 and 4000 €

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUaB4szWCF4
Weird to think that LFS was a pioneer of the current eSport craze.

Also ironic that the bumper decided to go here for his "kids these days" rant, of all places.

YouTube was 2 years old when OP was posted. Wonder how many tweens bought supercars with sweet clickbait money in that 11 year spanUhmm
eSport leagues like CPL used to exist for a few years before LFS first demo was released Wink

Quote from Gutholz :In 2016 there was 5000€ / 2500€ / 1250€ for P1,2,3 in that fininsh TV show thing with the cockpits in the studio. (I hope they at least also paid for travel and hotels?)
Last year they changed it to racing over internet and was price money of 10.000, 6.000 and 4000 €

For this year's season they swapped the sim from LFS to AC. They had some controversy and other unfortunate happenings during summer, but they're still hosting the events and it's almost the penultimate race. I wish they'd return to LFS, but that's not for me to decide. Tongue

I only drove in one race in that, and that was enough for me. The GT-R GT3 is so unbearable that I decided to end my season almost instantly. Big grin
bmw M6= german car 2
Quote from JohnT2005 :bmw M6= german car 2

No... the event this thread refers to actually was the reason for the release of the Swiss car we have in LFS Wink Intel probably didn't want to spend so much money on a sim racing competiton to have the real BMW Sauber F1.06 as prize. Maybe in a different universe Intel did not switch to rFactor for the next time and the LFS community there has that all winged-up F1.08 Big grin that would have been a nightmare for skin design.

And the BMW M6 goes to...
(130 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG