The online racing simulator
Test Event for new LOTA MRT/Karting League

The League Of The Americas is considering a new series. The MRT car has long been forgotten in LFS, but it is still a capable and fun car to drive. LFS veteren driver David "Le Kid" Sirois has been involved in running a custom track series for MRT drivers in Canada, and they want to bring it to the rest of us through LOTA.

To test this concept, LOTA will be hosting a 20-slot open test race this Friday evening, starting at 9:15 PM EST (GMT-5). The track layout is available in the official thread on the LOTA Forums.

The format for this test event will be:

9:15 PM EST - Server (LOTA Special Events) Opens - track loaded for practice
9:45 PM EST - Practice Ends - 5 minute break.
9:50 PM EST - Races start - Three 12-minute races. First race is random start, second and third races are reverse grid.

NOTE: They server will be passworded, which is available on the LOTA forums.

Please visit the LOTA website for more information on this event and other LOTA series.
I'd love to participate, but I'll ma going out of town this weekend and leaving Friday night. Please keep me informed.

:moped:
We'll be posting race results, and possibly stats from the races. If this does become a series, speculated start date will be around the first week in June.
I didn't post in the LOTA thread, but Mondays would work best for me.
We'll be having a poll about the race day. Most likely will be Mondays or Tuesdays.
Custom tracks ehh?

Like fun Auto-X courses that have full grid racing? I have made a lot of those courses specifically for the MRT, it is lots of fun .
Full grid racing. The track we will be running on Friday is a lot of fun.
I almost want to get back into making those Karting style Auto-x layouts. I had a server up in S1 that lots of people joined, was pretty popular .

Some fast speedway courses were always great. I'll see if I can drop by to watch.
7 more weeks and I'll be able to start racing in leagues again. (Damn school!)
The test event went alright. Would have liked to see a larger field, but for the test, it was fine.

Some concerns that have been brought up:

1) Lack of pits makes staying out of trouble really important.

2) Hitting the barriers causes a lot of damage. Noted Tweaker's comments about possibly using signs and tire stacks instead. Will investigate.

3) MRT's lack of reverse gear. If you get spun around, and are facing a wall, the only option is to reset. If you reset either facing a wall or facing the wrong way, that's bad.

Some things to think about, but I think with some modifying of some of the aspects, we can make it an interesting series. I will post again when I know more.
We are having another test event this coming Monday! This time, we will be using reworked tracks that try to eliminate the need for the barriers.

Please visit the LOTA Website for details.
GL tonight with Round 2! You guys should keep a thread on it open here.
#14 - JVL
:d
Quote from JVL ::d

Nice bump :P The thread is 1 year old in case you haven't noticed lol xD
#16 - JVL
Quote from evilpimp :Nice bump :P The thread is 1 year old in case you haven't noticed lol xD

yes! lol

Test Event for new LOTA MRT/Karting League
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG