The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
Round 3 - Westhill
Good luck all - looks like online practice for this round has been pretty low (have not seen many of you anline compared to previous weeks)

Lets hope we have a good turn out for both divisions and that the racing is quick fair and clean

See you Div 2 boys later on

Dru.
I've done about five laps practice so far - had a crazy week, no time. I'm going to try to get an hour in before the race though. See you tonight.
I hope it will be a nice race tonight. I did a race simulation last night and with the current setup it's looking pretty good for ZWR
#4 - Dru
how many teams can say they can get there tyres to last the 12 laps eh?
#5 - Dru
Quote from mikey_G :I hope it will be a nice race tonight. I did a race simulation last night and with the current setup it's looking pretty good for ZWR

Mike, the way you are driving at the mo, you could probably win with a UF1
Oh dear, I've just looked at the times most people are doing and I'm about a second off. Must get some practice in today or I'm going to get shamed...
#7 - Dru
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh dear, I've just looked at the times most people are doing and I'm about a second off. Must get some practice in today or I'm going to get shamed...

hot lap times are not important you can wreck your tyres in one corner
Quote from Dru :Mike, the way you are driving at the mo, you could probably win with a UF1

Hmm, I just might

Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh dear, I've just looked at the times most people are doing and I'm about a second off. Must get some practice in today or I'm going to get shamed...

Lap times won't be the main issue of the race. It's all about letting your tires survive.
Yeah you say that now, then you'll be all 1:45.0 every lap.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah you say that now, then you'll be all 1:45.0 every lap.

Sunday I was able to do that, but I kinda lost my racing mojo :sadbanana
Well I'm working on 4 hours sleep at the mo, trying to finish off this pig of a job so I can go to the supermarket, cook dinner, then get some practice in before the race... Blaaargh!

This last week has been too hectic - this is why I've never entered a league before.
Unfortunately I cant race tonight GFresh/n1 K.Doughty will be doing the admining job in div2.

Good luck everyone

I guess it's gonna be another small field tonight
#14 - Dru
Lets hope there is many turning out for tonights race and that inerest is still high
#15 - Rish
Erm.... on that note im not gonna make tonights race i've just had an offer accepted on a house so i need to go celebrate a little! sorry guys!
Seems like there will be few racers today
#17 - Dru
more points available then
#18 - Davo
bsolutely appaling start, both lag lap and the real deal. Whoever hit me from behind at 500km/h should be banend for wreckin. Totally unaccpetable.
Great 2nd race

Between 1st and 3rd there was a difference on about 0.02 :-D

4th place came less then two seconds after that again. Really close
Really sorry in race two. Last turn I totaly missed my braking point and couldn't hold the frickin car in inside line. I flipped a finn over, waited and there he came. I got after him, but then a finn entered to spectator. So I waited for the wrong finn.
My appoligies to the "flipped over-finn", totaly my fault.

In race one I thought I passed Paul but a slide and out in the gravel. I don't think you touched me Paul, no need to wait for me (thx for that though). So I waited for you and we could start over again for a while.

This was a totaly crappy race from me, but grats to the top finishers!!
#21 - Dru
Quote from Davo :bsolutely appaling start, both lag lap and the real deal. Whoever hit me from behind at 500km/h should be banend for wreckin. Totally unaccpetable.

hmmmmm - maybe you sholud look at a replay first...

you are only just in front of him and you are both on the racing line and for some reason you put you brakes to 75% when everyone else does not brake and coasts in... therefore there is a quick hit, which through your lag and a physic glitch punts you off much quicker..

i think you should study the replay and retract your statement mate, i know that you are anger but that guy did not wreck you.
Bleh, one to forget for me. Don't think I got more than a dozen laps practice for this one (I need more like 100!), off at T2 in the first race so pretty quiet after that, and fell off the road while leading race 2 with 2 laps to go because I was staring at ZWR|Mike's car in my mirrors when I should've been looking at the corner I wasn't driving around...

Have to find more time to practice for the last two events.

Oh, and 10 racers is a joke.
Quote from MyBoss :Great 2nd race

Between 1st and 3rd there was a difference on about 0.02 :-D

4th place came less then two seconds after that again. Really close

Was close - great race.. thx guys..

PS: Wasnt it a laggy server? It was for me..
#24 - Davo
Quote from Dru :hmmmmm - maybe you sholud look at a replay first...

you are only just in front of him and you are both on the racing line and for some reason you put you brakes to 75% when everyone else does not brake and coasts in... therefore there is a quick hit, which through your lag and a physic glitch punts you off much quicker..

i think you should study the replay and retract your statement mate, i know that you are anger but that guy did not wreck you.

I don't have the replay, if you could post it up I'd gladly take a look. In my rage I anger quit and didnt think to save it.

Yes I was off the racing line.
Yes I had trhe inside corner and
yes I was infront.
I wasn't lagging. I'm pretty sure the server wss lagging for some reason because the pb messages were comign up very late.

I cant go around the corner that fast on the inside so I had to brake. The guys following shouldve known that I'd have to brake to make the turn and brake accordingly, it;s part of racing. You don't just go crashing straight through someone.

Once I check the replay I'll make my decision though.
Tonight were 2 good races for me again, no mistakes and easy driving.
It kinda sucked when I finally reached kev in the second race to see him go off the track, but thats racing.
I do would like to ask macset and freeliner to be a little more friendly to the person who is driving next to them. freeliner pushed me onwards the grass twice but luckily I was able to not go off.

So, good racing and I'll see ya guys next week on kyoto.

edit: The server was quite laggy. It took like half a minute for pb messages to show up and 10 seconds for fastest laps confirmation. Hopefully someone will improve that for next race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG