The online racing simulator
Retirement
I am pulling out of the league guys, there was far too much lag in the server tonight, and too many gung-ho drivers.
i seriously thinking the same as some guys shouldnt even be in this league coz they cannot even be bothered to practice for for 30mins or more and then come in the race and are miles of the pace causing all kinds of problems
I've seen better racing on demo servers

and this reset rule is bad, if you crash u should spectate really. i bet all the F1 drivers wish they could do that

Sorry about me venting my rage
Quote from Psymonhilly :i seriously thinking the same as some guys shouldnt even be in this league coz they cannot even be bothered to practice for for 30mins or more and then come in the race and are miles of the pace causing all kinds of problems

I did see one guy get a PB announcement for a 1:39 lap, can't remember who it was.
#4 - kalle
Quote from Psymonhilly :and this reset rule is bad, if you crash u should spectate really. i bet all the F1 drivers wish they could do that

I know. I would like it that way too. But it is so hard to control, who uses and who doesn't and then it cause misunderstandings etc. I just wish Scawen would put it as server side option or something.
The next incompatible patch will have a no reset option.
-
(Hyperactive) DELETED by Hyperactive
-
(MyBoss) DELETED by MyBoss : wrong thread
SERT MIKI shouldn't have been allowed to race, he was lagging all over the place, I lost count of the amount of times he disco'd during practice and qualifying.
I also saw some pb announcements for some 39's and 40's, and to be honest, I was quite shocked by it. I've never seen anything like that in a league, only in public pick-up races.
The reason people join leagues is because they want to drive against other drivers who have practiced, and can keep the car on the track.

And I also think a driver should do everything possible to make sure his pc AND internet connection is performing 100%. I always reboot my pc, router and modem before a race so I don't bother other people...
About Lag: MIKI and Chriskart were lagging REALLY bad....

I'm gonna have to pull out too.
I cant give the league enough time.The last time i played LFS was at the UXRL race last week.
I've a StockHatch race next Thursday so i'll be missing that anyway.
Thanks Kalle, goodluck for the rest of the season.

P.S. Feel free to use the server
Yeah there were some slow PB's coming in.
BTW, was this guy racing?? It says he's a Demo racer, wtf?

EDIT: 2 Accounts huh? why?
Dan, this sounds quite weird to me
Lag is a problem in this game and will allways be. I also think 80% of the crashes last night was caused of it.
What about checking the lag of each player before the races? Most of us comes to the server around 15 mins before the race, which should be enough time to check it.

If i have too much lag, i wouldn't mind dropping out of the race really. I've had lots of incidents with other people who lags before, and know how it feels, specially in a league race.

Quitting because of lag is quite a stupid reason imo, also thinking about the leagues future
Yeah, I know what you are saying.

Last night MIKI was clearly causing lag for everyone, and shouldn't have been allowed to race really, the lag isn't the main reason for retiring, some of the attitudes that are present in this league are also a reason, that and the fact that I am getting a little bored of LFS atm, lots of silly little things that I can't believe haven't been fixed, and the general slow movement of the progress of LFS, I just can't find the motivation at the moment, that combined with everything else make it better if someone with more motivation take over my place.

So, lag isn't the reason, just the general malaise I feel over LFS + lag + attitudes mainly
#12 - Dru
there are no 'attitudes' in div.2.

is this all becuase of you being uncompetative in division 1 and using other excuses like 'lag' to stop or is it just the straw that broke the camels back?

how about asking to transfer to div 2 where you'll be more competative , we could then get rid of the fast people (Mike and KEv) into DIv 1
Quote from GFresh :Yeah there were some slow PB's coming in.
BTW, was this guy racing?? It says he's a Demo racer, wtf?

EDIT: 2 Accounts huh? why?

M I K I and his brother D I M E share a LFS license and therefore I think Miki created a demo account to be able to post under his own name here
I think you should try to stick in danowat.
Indeed
#16 - Dru
Quote from LFSn00b :Could this be my chance to get in?

Niko - speak to kalle about that...

Danowat is Div 1, you would be looking at getting in to Div 2 i would presume..

last night had only 13 people race div 2 with only a few absent notes so with other people like samH pulling out i'm sure that there would be the openings for the 'right' people to join, but like i say, kalle is the person organising this league so contact him directly would be my advise..

I do hope that Danowat stays if not Div 1 then drop down to Div 2
Quote from Dru :I do hope that Danowat stays if not Div 1 then drop down to Div 2

I don't think Dan will want to join our remedial class. :dunce:
#18 - d6nn
race was a total deja vu from season 1 the same race...wasnt it.

lag was definately a factor...

btw: Dan DONT pull out. ur a good racer , and thats what uxrl needs
#19 - Rish
@kalle
I have to leave the league because i'm having driving school on thursday's from 6 to 7.30 so i can't make it to the race (which is starting at 8.00) so there is already one spot free for others :l
I wanted to participate in this league so much maybe next season !
Good Luck all !
I have to sign out from thís thursdays race at Westhill... My Daugther is performing at the school....

Att. the Lag thing.... I reviewed the Div 1 race and surely I wouldnt have been pleased at racing against a guy like MIKI when he's laggin so much... Surely someone has notified him about this problem before the Westhill race...
Quote from Who Cares :I have to sign out from thís thursdays race at Westhill... My Daugther is performing at the school....

Att. the Lag thing.... I reviewed the Div 1 race and surely I wouldnt have been pleased at racing against a guy like MIKI when he's laggin so much... Surely someone has notified him about this problem before the Westhill race...

Post #2

I`m happy that you can post here after all the forum problems...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG