The online racing simulator
Points structure
Can I just make a point about the points structure?.

TBH, I can't remember what the situation was on this last time, but take race 1 for example, I finish 13th and get 0 points, the same amount of points as the people who DNF or DNSH

I know this is like this IRL, but TBH, if it looks like I am not going to finish in the points then I might aswell not finish the race.

Can I suggest that in future seasons points be awarded further down the grid, and 0 points be left for those that DNF or do not even bother to show?

Just a thought
Quote from danowat :TBH, if it looks like I am not going to finish in the points then I might aswell not finish the race.

I thought most people raced for the enjoyment of racing. For me (although I usually just race in public servers) a good race is worthwhile in itself - if you don't feel that way then you might as well not start the race.
Hmmm.........I do see where you are coming from Kev, and in pick up and play races I totally agree, but not in leagues.

In leagues, for me, it's all about the incentive of placing in the standings (something that ain't gonna happen unless there is a miracle, or no one else turns up in Div1 )
Well yeah looking at div 1 I wouldn't fancy my chances either - you've got a fast group there.

I joined the league because it looked like a good excuse to do some proper practicing, learn a few circuits that I don't really know and race some people I don't often race. It's all quite a novelty for me, but I can imagine it's not really for you.
I know what you are saying, and don't get me wrong, if I didn't enjoy the racing I wouldn't be doing it, but I am a competitive person, just not fast enough to be mixing it with half of Div 1
#6 - Dru
i can also see both sides of the arguements you want to race and get rewarded, not over the top but at least something that can make you say i raced and after 5 rounds i have more points than the guys that did not turn up to race....

but were do you go from there??

you can not have 12th-all finishers say getting a point can you, but also i've never heard of it the other way around that the points system is a sliding system, depending upon it's finishers or competitors

In the Cone Dodgers Leagues i think everyone who shows up to race and finises (classified) gets points, therefore the winner gets 20, 2nd 19 etc, so everyone who races and finishes can score points...

trouble is even if this is a good system, we've already started the league and i beleive its the same system they used last year

its a case of 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the rest....

i was not expecting to score points in div 2 this year, but i'm competative, i would be happy if i could beat a XFR or two in my UFR on the odd occasion

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG