The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
LXCC2 - Limiting practice
Hi guys. One thing I would like to get into LXCC season 2 is a limit on the amount of practice that people can do for an event. Apart from only telling people the track just prior to an event (which is too crude and I wouldn't like to do it), I can't think of any other innovative ideas. If anyone else can, please put them forward. Secondly, who would like to have a limit on practice? Ie. something like two hours for each event? And if we can't actually devise a system to limit it how many people can honestly say they would refrain from practice outside a few designated sessions just because they are asked to? I could...
I probably could, but it depends on the track and how close the championship is. If it's a tricky track and there's a couple of points in it at the last race I'm not sure I could be totally honest enough to not practice a bit.

Announcing the track on the day wouldn't be great, because I would be very hard pushed to do ANY practice beforehand. For example, in LXCC1 I tended to practice on a Sunday evening (when I could), and there was little chance of a run on Monday or Tuesday before the race. Also, wouldn't Saturday drivers have more warning of the track if they race the same tracks, or would you make it reasonably random (i.e. as long as both divisions race on SO1 then it wouldn't matter if they both did it in the same week).

I don't think there is a way of doing it without unfairly penalising some people, or without dishonest people (me :shy getting in half a dozen laps now and again. Offline is unpoliced, so as long as you know what the track is there is a way round it.
Why? In the last season we had few races that were totally new combos for me, Kyoto3R being the hardest one, SO5R being the other one. I had driven hardly any laps on those track before the season started so the first tens of laps I was just driving around the track getting to know the line, checking for braking points and etc.. If I had to do the race with only 40 or so laps of practise I would have either been many seconds slower or terribly inconsistant.

It is not that I do zillions of practise laps, I just need more than few days, even if the practise sessions were short to get to know the track and car and make some setup adjustments.

And some of us, like me, really need the practise
I think Anton said there will be only the tuesday division left from now on. But dunno, why limit the practice? I think most of us don't practise THAT much anyways, at least i didn't (saturday racer, i just started practising in the morning, about 2 or 3 hours before the race and i just drove up to the and through the race).
#5 - bozo
I wouldn't like the practice to be limited. I haven't done nearly as much driving as many others in the league, and for those races where I couldn't practice much I was hopelessly off the pace.

As with Tristan, I cannot usually practice on a Monday or Tuesday before the race, so I spend a few evenings the previous week and a bit of time at the weekend doing some short sessions, gradually building experience and improving my lines. Also had some practice with my teammate ... until he found he couldn't keep up (only kidding Hyperactive, as I know you'll leave me for dust next time we're on track).
Yes limited practice is bad..what can i say more - others just said..
How about doing it based on LFSW stats or not announcing the track until 30 minutes before the race. But just keep it from normal/reverse.

Yes, I know I don't drive in this, but I guess it's an idea for you guys to think about.
I sucked in league 1 due to lack of practise, I need all the time I can get.
#9 - axus
Oh well... you've talked me out of it guys. Seems that most people prefer being able to do all the practice they can.
#10 - bozo
Quote from axus :Seems that most people prefer being able to do all the practice they can.

I don't think people were practicing that much. I would often be looking for some online practice on the Friday/Saturday before a race, and not find any server running the combo (except the occasional drift servers). Maybe people were driving offline, who knows.

Anyhow, thanks for listening to our views.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG