The online racing simulator
Teams addition
Well, I wouldnt see why not , lemme explain how though

Back in the S1 days, when there was the greatest ever excisting League running, the Endurance League, we had double excitement in the standings Because, we had 2 driver teams , in the style of F1, 2 drivers enter a team and bring pts and fight for the teams title in the standings

This was so interesting, it was always some good fight between the top4 places in individual standings and then also it was interesting to see which team came out on top and which was the 3rd team out there and also, in the race it always caused You to have 1 friend who You knew You could be friendly at the track with and feel that You are not alone there, if it went crap for You, it might've not gone crap for Your teamie, so it's still some good mood :P

I really dont see why not have this as an addition, We could even add this as an experimental ranking this season and make up the teams now after the 1st race is over.

One guy can just create a Team and the other guy can join it.
Would get interesting for me, I dont have an OCR mate in this season, I would have to pick some random guy

This is only the matter of website coding I guess, it might change the racing a bit, cause of some pairs which are more friendly against each other, cause in the same team, but nothing else would change on the track
#2 - nilo
+1!

Really nice idea, especially for my team TFM, consisting of 2 members.
Not sure if I'm understanding this fully, but for the extra excitement/fun to come into effect, wouldn't both teammates always have to race in the same pool? Of course you could try to team up according to speed, but that changes from combo to combo (at least partly) ...
What about teams of say 4 of mixed ability from first race or something? So say one driver from pools 1 or 2, another from 3 or 4, 3rd driver from 5 or 6 and then the last driver from pool 7 onwards. This way the team scores would be shown with the existing funtionality on the website (showing teams with four or more drivers) and it may encourage some mentoring to lesser drivers (like myself) from the big boys, also this would level the field a bit.

Just a thought.
Yeh that would be cool I never liked the current system to be honest
Quote from Neokiller :Yeh that would be cool I never liked the current system to be honest

Didn't even know we had one at the moment

Quote from MikieH :What about teams of say 4 of mixed ability from first race or something?

Doesn't this quite diminish Rudi's point in the first post - I mean the idea was to drive together with one "friendly" racer (in same pool)? Or did you perhaps mean that those 4 racers would somehow be in the same pool?

To be honest ,like Neokiller, I don't get the idea behind this. I'm sure there is one so please explain
There are already league like this, MOE for example.

I have re-read the posts and yes looks to me like RudiTurbo's teams of 2 buddies would be no good unless your buddy was in the same pool. In that respect it is maybe cause for sticky pools but I'm not sure how that would work with people joining and leaving mid season and some people just can't turn up for every race. I can't speak for RudiTurbo though so I will leave it to him to explain his thinking.

What I am thinking about with the teams of 4 is that a team would have to be made up of drivers of different abilities, whether this is determined by a pre season qualifying or what I don't know. I'm just trying to think of a way for drivers to kind of benchmark themselves, especially those in the lower pools who haven't got a hope of winning the league at the end of the season. I just thought that teams of equal number of drivers would be the easiest way to achieve this. Another thought is to maybe split the league into divisions, and have teams with a driver from each division? Or just split the league into divisions?

Maybe I'm in the wrong thread here but I'm just trying to throw up some ideas to make the league maybe a little better than it is already, maybe this isn't possible as I do love the OLFSL as it is and thank all the staff for their hard work in making it run so smoothly (for free, which is nice).

Hope you get what I’m aiming for. Any input or other ideas along these lines are welcome.

MikieH
I can't figure out if he means chose a new one for each race in your pool or have 1 for the whole season but might not be in your pool, which would still be cool though.

Having each team consist of 2 drivers would be nice as it means for alot of the teams with a much smaller amount of drivers would be able to race for the title to, like ocr and others. Wouldn't mind seeing the national standings like this to, AFAIK Scotland wasn't even listen last season because we didn't have enough drivers.

As for 4 member teams, I don't think it would really help the teams with a much smaller amount of participants as at the end of the day we will allways be alot further behind the guys running the maximum of drivers, atleast with 2 most teams should allways have 2 drivers doing each race.

And damn, where's the BF1?
Yes, there is no point having more than 2 guys in the team, prolly the 3rd one will not succeed in scoring all the 8 GP's and will ruin the standings.

The Team thing is just about having some more fun to expect in the results and if Your mate is in the same pool, also some tactics maybe or smthn. He doesnt have to br in Your pool, no need to start changing things to fixed pools cause of this now. I am quite sure the teams fighting for the title will have their both teamies in the same pool and they will be together always. Even if You are in different pools, You just both try to beat the guys who You are close to in teams standings, for an examlpe if You are 4th, You think this is good place to finish with, more than expected, but if the guy in 3rd is in a team which is in front of You in standings, You think WTF, I gotta get this

Absolutely no need to change anything about league itself, just add the teams creation to website and website calculate the 2 team members points together every race and make up a teams standings.
Nothing else needed

These teams dont neccesserily have to consist of the same team that You usually race with, You're in Mercury, You dont have to have a Mercury teamie for an example. You can team up with anyone in the grid, a close friend or a sister or a mother or whatever

And why did someone mention MOE. it wouldnt have anything to do with MOE, drivers would be on the track at the same time and racing each other also.

No need to turn OLFSL into MOE lol, MOE SUCKS !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG