The online racing simulator

Poll : Wind or not?

Low wind
No wind
Wind setting
Always a point of discussion: the wind setting. Wind creates a more dynamic environment, demanding even more on the drivers. As a test I want to use Low wind for the next race, do you agree?
Low wind, assuming people know how the wind affects racing before they'll start the race..
Low wind so i can hotlap myself out of the track more easily.
#4 - Renku
No wind, please.
I from lfs-spain, and in our leagues, 24 hours before the race start, the web decide randomly if the race will have low wind, strong wind, or will be a race without wind..

In real life, the drivers don't choose the athmosferic conditions .
no wind is for arcade or noob racing.. sorry beeing rude.. but we aim for realisme there , right ?
I mean.. there is ALWAYS wind... even very low wind ( like in low wind settings in LFS )..

The best way should be to use random between , the 3 possible settings
no wind, I think the wind in LFS is very annoying, dont have a clue how it effects cars in real life, but the low wind we have in LFS is like too strong anyway. It's very sucky in ESCC.
No wind, please...
#9 - Chaos
In the Czech Leauge races we have always had the wind on low, in the beginning there were some voices against, but now nobody complains... It affects everybody the same and makes races a bit more interresting because the wind changes direction and thus the brake points also change. So a challenge for everybody and no more "hotlapping" during races :yipee:
Please, no wind - it's already hard for many drivers to race for two hours with tyre wear and damages. In my view that's big enough difference since last endu season to make races more interesting. We should not rush things and take one step a time. Certainly there are people who could drive 100 laps in changing conditions without any problems, but there are many less experienced (including me).

Imagine race on BLGP with 15-20 people in one division - for GTR's it's rather short track and after about 30 laps there would be lots of lapping, especially that it's more demanding track than Westhill (take first chicane for example). We had few issues with lapping in first race (I'm really sorry Rudi, but due to two crashes already in the same spot there were no blue flags) and with wind on shorter and more technical circuit there will be even more similar situations.

And the last thing - hotlapping during races maybe happened often in S1, but now we have tyre wear combined with very fast cars. Some try to go as fast as possible with short stints, others are trying to save tyres and make it to the finish with less stops. If someone feels he can go for hotlapping in the two hours race - that's good for him. I can't afford that and I'm sure am not the only one Thanks to that we have different strategies and races are not boring even without wind.
Well said Maraz. I think we should not change the system in mid season. We could go "more advanced" next season. Then most of us players have accustomed to the new variables tyre wear and gas usage.
Low wind would be great, just if we could have some kind of a weather forecast about 5-10minutes before the race. Some people try to compensate the loss of downforce during backwind by adding more wing angle to their car. It's just like lottery if it is good for a 2hr race, where setting it wrong can ruin the whole race. You never know if it's 4km/h useless wind or 29km/h wind where you really could tweak your car a bit to make it better, but then again it might 4km/h wind where little tweaks could ruin your car's handling.

So if we'd know the direction of wind and speed some minutes before the race, we could do some quick setup tweaks depending on the wind, but it still wouldn't be hotlapping. I vote for no wind until we get the weather forecast feature.
#13 - fnac
even with tyre wear long stints are very close to hotlapping.
if you want to run 15 or 20 laps in R2 at Westhill for example you must drive at a very constant pace, hence keeping tyres in a quite narrow temperature range.
in these conditions braking points and so on are mostly always the same.
low wind may help to change racing conditions and become a benefit for those who can adapt quickly, rather than seeing those who have simply run hundreds of laps ahead.
from the last race, at least in DivB I havent see many mistakes, maybe 2 or 3 small mistakes max per person.
I noticed that too (also in previous long races) and I think that the reason for less mistakes actually is the changing conditions. In S1 a race of 60 minutes felt very long because nothing changed, so you would easily get in autopilot-mode. Now you have to think about your tyres and fuel usage, so it's less auto-pilot. This makes you more aware thus less mistakes.
I dont have a clue if it will also work like that with wind.
Wind efect will add more realism. I vote "low wind".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG