The online racing simulator
[GTR] Race 1: Westhill (continued)
Continue the race discussion here.
#2 - MaraZ
Quote from Frankmd :Maybe having a speed limit of 150kmh during the warmup lap could fix some problems. If the lead car slows down in the last corner (to let the rest of the field catch up) the speed difference isnt that big.

Also allowing a restart until the first car has passed the s/f-line might be an option?

That might help indeed, so I'm behind those propositions. GTR's are very fast cars and when something goes wrong it could go wrong big time. Anything that can make it easier for drivers at the start should be implemented
Hi, I´m just wondering should I get the DNF points from the A div race.

I had very much troubles with my PC just before the start, it kept crashing and crashing, but I managed to start the warm-up lap, tho my PC crashed once again about 5 secs after that, so I kind of started the race.

But what I´ve readed there was a restart in the race, so I´m just checking.

And in my opinion, I (or anyone who didn´t finish the race) shouldn´t gain any "dnf" points, but that´s just my opinion, and I´m trying to follow the rules here.

-J.Laurila

EDIT: Should=should not, err...
erm, some kind of reply would be nice
screwed it all up in last lap, err... 2. to last lap :banghead:

was on 4. directly behind the 3., punctured my tyre
bring it through into the box and while i was standing the leader pass s/f.
race was over and i was kicked automatically by the game because i can`t move. arrg...:banghead:
*note to myself: next time park and wait in front of s/f line and let the leader finish.*

anyways the rest of the race was great,
have some spoons, a lot place changes during the race-time, hard challenge with myself....
all what belongs to a endurance.
looking forward to the next one.
I must say that the DNF points dont seem very fair, how come people who didnt finish the race get more points than some people who finished the race? I know the worst race will be taken off our scores but it just dont look right on the champion standings having DNF's above the people who drove the whole two hours
Because people DNF'ed in higher divisions.
Make a nice Qualy lap and You'll get some nice DNF pts too
Quote from Frankmd :Because people DNF'ed in higher divisions.

But a DNF is a DNF shouldn't matter what division your in, should score 0 imo.
Quote from zoopy juice :But a DNF is a DNF shouldn't matter what division your in, should score 0 imo.

Quote from zoopy juice :But a DNF is a DNF shouldn't matter what division your in, should score 0 imo.

No, that would be really unfair. Imaging your connection dropping after 1,5 hours racing? I think you would have deserved some points. But the system should be changed. The laps you have done should earn you points.

Someone who drove 80% of the race distance would get more DNF points than someone who did only 20%. The base for the percentage calculations could be set individually for each division. So a good qualifying would get you in a better position even if you don't finish the race.
I dont think so, you dont see any real life championship give DNF points because a hose clip came off a radiator compaired an engine blow do you? IMO its unfair to the people who race the whole two hours and get less points than the people who DNF
Quote from zoopy juice :I dont think so, you dont see any real life championship give DNF points because a hose clip came off a radiator compaired an engine blow do you?

LFS was still a game last time I checked. A good simulation, but a game. So why should things outside the control of the players (like a dropping connection) be compared to engine damage?

Quote from zoopy juice :IMO its unfair to the people who race the whole two hours and get less points than the people who DNF

Thats why I suggested some kind of system where you would get points relative to the driven distance. It's up to the league to make these points fair overall.

I understand your point, but with longer races connection problems become more possible. And I really like to see someone getting points for sweating 1,5 hours in front of the wheel before his connection dropped.
Quote from Ayahuasca :So why should things outside the control of the players (like a dropping connection) be compared to engine damage?

Is'nt 'engine damage' (to some extent) outside the control of a 'real life' racer? I know they weren't the best examples but they were all I could come up with

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG