The online racing simulator

Poll : Please read the 1st post and select two - one in each category

2: Allow managers to add new drivers as they are needed
1: Maximum of 3 different drivers per team (1 reserve)
1: Maximum of 4 different drivers per team (2 reserves)
2: Force managers to announce reserves too at the start of the season
1: Maximum of 5 different drivers per team (3 reserves)
#1 - axus
LXCC: Having others drive in your seat
NB: ONLY VOTE ON THE POLL IF YOU HAVE INTEREST IN TAKING PART IN LXCC2.

I'm getting a bit pissed off (excuse my French) by all this driver swapping business - a lot of it is with good reason but sometimes we don't get an explanation and the change just seems tactical. That's not why the option was given. So for LXCC2, I'd like to make some changes in that regard and I'd like to hear some feedback on my ideas in this thread.

Firstly, there will be a limit to the number of different drivers that can drive for one team. I think that limit will be set at 4.

Secondly, to insure that drivers are more reluctant to give away their seat, these backup drivers will only earn points for the team, and not for the LX4 driver or LX6 driver of that team as it is now. They will make their own points in the driver championship(s). Another important note in this respect is that there will still be two separate driver championships - an LX4 one and an LX6 one. The important difference is that points in these championships will be awarded to drivers rather than teams. This means that you can still swap cars with your team-mate, but, you won't earn him any points and he won't earn you any points - instead you will have points in both championships. Also if one driver drives for more than one team as a reserve, his points from both will be added up towards his championship points.

The other idea that I'm toying with is whether to force teams to announce any reserve drivers at the start of the season or if I should allow them to announce reserves at any time. I'm leaning towards allowing them to add to the team at any time, provided that the maximum of different drivers has not been reached already because problems can arrise at any time.

The final additional rule in this respect (which is already a rule but will be much more strictly enforced) is that a good reason will have to be provided for a driver change. That reason will now also be reviewed by the stewards. If they feel the reason is not good enough, then you can't use your reserve driver.

So, the poll. Please take 2 options, one in each category:
Category 1 - Maximum number of drivers for one team:
The options are 3, 4 and 5 drivers (this is including the normal drivers themselves so it boils down to 1, 2 or 3 reserves).

Category 2 - Force teams to announce reserves before Race 1 or not?
It's pretty self-explanatory.

EDIT: D'oh, the last option needs a "2: " in front.
How about registering a certain number of reserves as independents, and then the league organisers offer them races wherever there are spare seats? That way there's less of an advantage to missing a race because you don't get to decide who will be driving your car.
I thought about this at one stage too and here's the idea:

Teams have 2 members and 1 reserve.
Points are give: 10 points for showing up and the points for positions stay like they are. Any team that replaces "an original" driver doesn't get that 10 extra points. These points are give on the basis of showing up, not finishing the race.

This way, replacing a driver with faster driver won't get you more points and teams that have 100% attendance get nice little award

Axus, you will never know if the person is lieing, so the stewards review may not be based on true facts.
#4 - axus
Quote from Hyperactive :Axus, you will never know if the person is lieing, so the stewards review may not be based on true facts.

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to make use of reserve drivers against the interest of the teams so they don't actually use the option unless they actually need it. What I'm trying to do is make sure that there are two cars on the grid for every team always, but it's only not the normal driver when necessary. Kev's idea is worth consideration too, definitely.
Fixed your poll Axus. I like Kev's idea too, purely from the point of view that way I don't have to find someone to replace me when the inevitable happens - you can do it for me.
I voted for 2 winning pool answers
what will be 2 spare drivers (3 total) and for thi - Allow managers to add new drivers as they are needed.

Not much more to say as i accept anything axus will prepare for me in next season.
Category 1: 3 drivers.
Category 2: No. As in real life, when you finally need your reserve, he/she might be unable to race. Then you have a car with no driver - even worse.

But I do agree that there should be some kind of limit of how many drivers you should be able to use during a season.
Voted for the winning options too. And i also like Kev's idea too. The +10 for showing up is a bit much though IMO. That would be +90 points for me (okay, still have 2 races to do :P) which would give me almost 200 points in the end.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG