Poll : I want to Race on Aston Club in the.......... (multiple Votes allowed)

Closed since :
LX4
XF GTR
LX6
UF1000
FORMULA V8
MRT5
RACEABOUT
FORMULA XR
FZ50
UF GTR
FXO GTR
FZ50 GTR
XR GTR
FORMULA 1
BF1, restricted to first 3 gears, using only the handbrake!

straight, hairpin, straight, hairpin, repeat until dizzy.
Voted for LX6, FZ5 and RAC, but of course any car is fine I have this strange feeling that those damn ATC guys have been terrorizing this poll with their XFR
#53 - CSU1
!!!SWEET JESUS!!! There's frokki!!!:eek:
STARTING GRID SO FAR:

1. tombarlin
2. George Kuyumji
3. Blackout
4. AtomAnt
5. andy29
6. ayrton senna 87
7. danowat
8. Rubenz81
9. thisnameistaken
10. AndroidXP
11. 1James1
12. frokki
13. mcintyrej
14. Leifde
15. moefinley

#55 - CSU1
This thread has had it's time on show, time to move to the LFS racing forum.
Is anyone going to be using Team Speak or similar?
Yes i will be using redline teamspeak and will give the ip before the race
Alright Gentlemans! The Poll is closed!

The LX4 will be the car raced around Aston Club, and everybody who wanted to start should get a PM soon with the Password !!

Please remember to use the same name in the Race as you do in the Forum. (except for timbarlin who Races as andybarsblade!) Good Luck all and take it easy, its a long Race and a Fun Event after all!!

Have a nice day
Ohhhh........should be fun, hopefully my internet connection will be good enough tomorrow
will there be a spare slot for a spectator???
Yes, here is the Starting Grid so far:

1. andybarsblade
2. George Kuyumji
3. Blackout
4. AtomAnt
5. andy29
6. ayrton senna 87
7. danowat
8. Rubenz81
9. thisnameistaken
10. AndroidXP
11. 1James1
12. frokki
13. mcintyrej
14. Leifde
15. moefinley
16. LFSn00b
17, Alfatester

I'm a little bisy at the moment, I will send out the PM at some later time today

PS: Sorry LFSn00b missed you for some reason
Wow, I feel so cool that im on the first post :nerd:, computers broken right now so im not able to race
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis
Hi,

I would enjoy the race!!

Alfatester

Guess Racing Team

ITA

Thanks!
Hello Everyone

The server we shall use is Redline Racing 2

It will be set to private and im guessing george has sorted you with the password if not just send me a pm and i can sort it
Just a quick question is there anymore room for the race, if so i would like sign up plz
also me please
Just a headsup, no password as of yet been sent.

Should still be up for tonight
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I yet have to start practising

But I think I'll drive rather slow to be on the safe side. H-gate + clutch + higher steering rotation still give me serious consistency problems. Oh well, this will be my first online race in patch V
Quote from thisnameistaken :Anyone going considerably faster than 1:13.5-ish? I've always been rubbish around AS Club - hopefully a 30-lap race will help me find the quick way around the circuit.

ive ran 13.00 but that was with a 39.18 split. and ive done a 39.00,
Quote from thisnameistaken :Anyone going considerably faster than 1:13.5-ish? I've always been rubbish around AS Club - hopefully a 30-lap race will help me find the quick way around the circuit.

1:12:95 with my race set >

Tyres good enough for 30 laps with that set, there are a couple of key areas that need attention, and were driving slower actually gives you faster laptimes!
Attached files
danowat_AS2_LX4_112950.spr - 160.1 KB - 212 views
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm. Sounds like I'm going to finish somewhere around last place. Oh well, wouldn't want to disappoint my public.

if you need a setup just ask barlin im sure he will sort you out
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm. Sounds like I'm going to finish somewhere around last place. Oh well, wouldn't want to disappoint my public.

Nah, if you can lap 1:13.5 consistantly then you are in with a shout, also a pit stop mixes stuff up, no good being fast if you get a drive through penalty
-
The 1st chicane is a big time killer, you actually need to brake really early for this, and then get the power back on as soon as possible to power you up the hill.

Next chicane can be taken flatout, then the next corner, well, I take a wierd line through this one, but I find it quicker than the wider line others/most people take.

Club is a pretty straight forward track really, but it is a hard track to "race" on, passing isnt really possible in much places outside of the strat/finish straight, and you always get some clown trying to overtake in one of the chicanes, normally ending up in a huge accident.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG