The online racing simulator
[GTR] Race 5: Kyoto GP Long
Discussion thread.
Sadly, I will have to miss this race, even though I qualified.

This also means that the only race me and my teammate (MaximUK) will run together is the team race this season.
I discovered one nasty thing when practicing on KY long.
- if u for some reason spinout/crash/hit/whatever on the oval bit and
end in the oval circuit pitlane/garage area, u are basicly out of the race if the server have wrong way kick setting.
- because there is no other way to get out of that pit area
than the pit entrance....

- so please be carefull with overtaking/passing other cars on the oval part
in tonights race.
Clearly someone has sabotaged Frank's wing settings... :detective
Frank was difficult to get passed. I had a good mid section race with him. I clearly had too much wing, and he didn't have any! lol I was all over him in the turns, then he would fly off into the distance on the straights, until his tyres overheated! Enjoyed the race.
Hm, I dunno if I really had that less wing. I think it was 14/12, but yes, some people really had too much wing.

I did cause some dangerous situations tho, for which I have to say sorry. I nearly took out 2 cars when I braked at 100m for the first turn doing 279

Anyway, race wasnt that good for me, made too much mistakes, some of them felt weird, almost random. Especially the one where I suddenly spun out in the chicane leaving the oval part. Suddenly my wheel yerked to the left when I slightly hit the kerbs sending me into the barriers. Guess it was my own fault, but still felt weird.

Congratulations to Uros for winning the drivers championship, he really deserved it
#8 - MaraZ
For me the last race in this season wasn't very good, but still I finished 7th (equal points with Huru-aito in 6th) in the overall standings, so I'm quite happy with that Anyway 12th place after starting from 8th was rather disapointing result. Don't know if I had too much wing, as I was driving on R3 tyres with FZR and otherwise car would be probably sliding too much, or simply if I had bad setup. XRR-guys were much faster on the straights - Torben passing me with ease on 2nd lap was good example, no to mention "flying Frank"

Then I made mistake running over grass and lost three or four places, but after that it was not that bad. I was able to pass few guys and the race itself was very clean, at least from my point of view. I was realistically thinking about top ten finish, but then made really stupid mistake right before my last stop - went too fast into the pits and bang, 8-10 seconds lost on the spot + additional repairs That's not all - in the closing stages I thought my tyres would not last the distance and when I ran over the grass before oval part of track, I decided to let the lapped car pass me without taking too many risks. Guess what, he wasn't lapped... :banghead: I was monitoring tyres and didn't even had time to look on the mini-map.

On the last lap I already accepted that 13th place is best I could get, only to pass spinning Huru-aito on the finish straight, who tried to reach the finish with three flats... I knew he stopped too early last time and so he took big risk trying to do more than 13 laps in FZR. Anyway I finished one place higher than him and thanks to that we finished the season on equal points. Congratulations to Uros for winning the championship in best possible style

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG