The online racing simulator
i didn't meant to use a "AI" or whatever pacecar. of course a real person drives it. but can you switch the rolling thing on during a race in the middle for example?

i*d love to get a hand on it.
Quote :but can you switch the rolling thing on during a race in the middle for example?

Hmm, good question, will need to clarify it with Frank. But I don't see a real reason to do so until we get debris falling off of the cars.
It would be possible to switch it on during the race, but before it can work the config file should be adjusted to the current standings.
It would be rather easy to write something for the tracker that generates such a config file, so it is very well possible. It's just a question if we really want it.
The only reasons why a pacecar situation is done in real racing is either that the track is obstructed for a long time, the driving conditions are too dangerous because of heavy rain fall, or some emergency vehicle has to drive on the track after a crash. In LFS, neither of those would ever happen, so I dont see the need for it.
Just a quick question: Will LfsGT Series use this tool for the start, too?
Quote from Frankmd :
The only reasons why a pacecar situation is done in real racing is either that the track is obstructed for a long time, the driving conditions are too dangerous because of heavy rain fall, or some emergency vehicle has to drive on the track after a crash. In LFS, neither of those would ever happen, so I dont see the need for it.

I see reason coming when /canreset option willl be implemented, imagine few flipped cars laying in the middle of the track and some marshall car trying to push them back to its wheels again. Or would MoE force Shift+S in such cases ?
Quote :Or would MoE force Shift+S in such cases ?

Since there are no little 3d-Helpers we can control, yes we would atm. If that changed, no we wouldn't.
Quote from Frankmd :It would be possible to switch it on during the race, but before it can work the config file should be adjusted to the current standings.
It would be rather easy to write something for the tracker that generates such a config file, so it is very well possible. It's just a question if we really want it.

You forgot about oval racing. there a pacecar is deployed whenever there is an accident.

and we will have fall off parts in the future, so don't say "never" *g* rFactor already has it so i think our LFS will have it soon as well...
Quote from germanpio :Just a quick question: Will LfsGT Series use this tool for the start, too?

I'd also be interested in knowing that - if LFS GT uses it, IMO LFS GT teams need a practice run with this utility at some point (like MOE will) as it will cause chaos if no-one knows what is going on for the start.
is there any news about this releasing to the public???
I would also like to know if this can be downloaded. The League Of The Americas is looking into doing a couple oval races and this would help tremendously!
my hopes to get such a tool for LFSCART, wich will start in 6 weeks, shouldn't be to high? should they? hmmm... It would be really usefull for rolling starts.
Frank's been inactive for quite a while now, and I don't think anyone has the source.
write to FPR Yankman, he has done some similar things. i am not sure how far he is, or if he is willing to share the tool but, at the last testing we did, it was very promising. (giving penalty for speeding at the start, overtaking, not holding position, placing the pacecar and sending it in with messages given out ...)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG