The online racing simulator
I don't really care, but here's an idea:

how about letting both team drivers do their individual lap at the same time, that'll save time. the lx6 will pull away quite quickly and hopefully not be in the way and since both drivers are in the same team, the risk of an argument wont be as big if something should go wrong.
#2 - GabbO
About qualy:
It is really fun, and also really heart-rate pumping regarding that you have only one shot, but i think letting out both drivers from a team at once would really be a good idea. I think we shouldnt change anything about this 1-lap quali, thats what gives the league an extra "youknowwhat".

So my suggestion: LX4 and LX6 drivers of one team start simultaneously, they figure it out somehow how the make room for each other, and when the LX4 driver crosses the line, the next team rolls out.
#3 - axus
I'll look into it. It will probably be handled differently on longer tracks so that we don't run two qualifying sessions.

Definately sticking with the single lap qualy though. It was really really awesome feeling my heart in my forehead down the hill in the last sector on Tuesday.
Yeah, I love Single Lap qually. Shift-F, and just you, the track, and some cold tyres. Great.

I had no idea on my lap if I was anywhere near the pace at all. I didn't even know where I had qualified until I'd spectated, unblocked, un-shift-f'd and stared blankly for a few minutes. To see me just 0.2 behind you Anton (and then have you tell me it was a pb) was so satisfying
Yes one lap qual is good..but with more drivers on track please...Here's how it looks in polish lfs cup qual:
administrator puts five cars on track starting one car 15 sec after another from the pits..one outlap and one hotlap and next five drivers are on..we never had any troubles with this..maybe this post should be moved to other thread...ot
Quote from kamo2000 :Yes one lap qual is good..but with more drivers on track please...Here's how it looks in polish lfs cup qual:
administrator puts five cars on track starting one car 15 sec after another from the pits..one outlap and one hotlap and next five drivers are on..we never had any troubles with this..maybe this post should be moved to other thread...ot

Yeah i like this idea, will be quicker, with 15 seconds or even little more the drivers can have a mistake and not inflict on other drivers qually laps. Just have to make sure you dont get people stuffing around driving to slow on the outlap
#7 - axus
Moved the posts in here. I quite like the 5 cars on track at a time idea but I'm worried about the tyre warmup procedure taking too much time and the front driver running into the back of the pack. How about the procedure that was used on Tuesday on tracks where the LX6 WR is less than 2 minutes and 5 cars at a time where it is more?
#8 - GabbO
Well five in one lap is maybe too much, we will see. Regarding we have 20 drivers we could take 4. I'm also worried about tyre warming. But even for shorter laps we should start bot team drivers simultaneously.

What about a voteing:

1: Everything stays as it is now
2: Short: stays , long: 4-5 drivers simultaneously on track
3: Short: team drivers simult. long : 4-5 drivers simult.

I'm voteing for the 3rd one.
#9 - maczo
I really like the idea of each team doing their qual together. Although it will not speed up the process as much as putting 5 players on track would, it would still be 2x faster (brilliant thought of the day, eh?)

And I remember that once in Polish LFS League that Kamo mentioned, someone was blocked by a slower driver who had a spin (it was BF1 @ KY GP Long if memory serves me right).
I am not in this league, but if you want to guinea pig one of my qualifying format ideas you can lol.

A team's LX6 and LX4 on track at the same time - warmup lap, hotlap, spectate. Single session but...

After the first session, starting with the worst qualifyer, each driver would be offered the choice of "gambling" or "sticking". If a driver gambles, they get another attempt. But they lose the first run, so if they screw up on the second run ...
Quote from duke_toaster :
After the first session, starting with the worst qualifyer, each driver would be offered the choice of "gambling" or "sticking". If a driver gambles, they get another attempt. But they lose the first run, so if they screw up on the second run ...

Sounds like a good idea to add some fun to qualifying but the idea of letting people go out again is going to add more time to our qualifying where as we are trying to just shorten it.

Maybe sometime we can test running a few cars heating there tyres and doing a flying lap just to try it out and see what is the best number of cars
I would just put all the LX6s at the track at the same time, give 10 minutes time to make the quali time and then the LX4s do the same. With this precedure you would need to find the right time and place to get a good time as there may be traffic etc.. No driving anymore after teleporting to the pits.

I didn't like the F1 do the single lap quali and I don't like doing it myself either
#13 - axus
I don't really like that idea, Hyperactive, we'd run into problems. Plus some people already have said they love the pressure.
Quote from axus :I don't really like that idea, Hyperactive, we'd run into problems. Plus some people already have said they love the pressure.

Just suggesting

The only problem with the current system is that you make only 2 laps during that time. I would just like to drive a bit more
Ok so someone pls tell me how next round qualify will look...nothing was confirmed by league admin...or at least i missed it.
#16 - axus
Quote from kamo2000 :Ok so someone pls tell me how next round qualify will look...nothing was confirmed by league admin...or at least i missed it.

You can be sure that it will be single lap qualifying. That's something the league had in mind from the start. As for the format, beacuse Aston North is quite long, so probably 5 cars at a time. As for shorter tracks, that obviously won't work so we'll probably use a format similar to Tuesday's there.
Good news - i can make it to dtm next time :} And maybe for round 3 we can have even more cars as it's 3 minuts laps almost and it's the first of longer races.
Okay with the qualifying last night, yes it did take a long time, but it would of been longer if we had run our original method.

The first five cars go (LX6's) as they did last night. When the last of the 6's(5th car in group 1) is going over the line for his hotlap, the next 5 cars must be waiting at pit exit. Then when the hotlap car gets to the marker (T3 it was last night) the first LX6 of the second group is let out and so on the group follows. This will save waiting for the last car in each group to hotlap and then a warm up lap for the next group, will combine them so to speak.

This will then continue for the rest of the groups and will save some more time overall
I don't know.this qual format should take about 20 mins if done properly - we finished last one in 50 mins...something is wrong here...i'll show up for the next round but if qual take this long i'm going to pass that race ( it's longer 80 mions race)
Sry i'm little more advanced in dtm..
maybe changing hour to 19 cet :P nah i know u don't want it.
My suggestion:

First, publish the qualifying order. I know T7R go after vMax, but I bet a lot of people don't know off the top of their heads their team order.

Next, define the system. I think for EVERY track we should go out at 1/4 lap time intervals. i.e. when one driver gets 1/4 of the way round the track (and this point MUST be defined on the forum before the meeting) the next car goes out. There is no pause after 4 cars, and no pause between LX6s and LX4s.

When cars are on their hotlaps, the next driver will wait for both the 1/4 lap rule AND any cars about to start a hotlap to pass them. We all have access to a minimap with arrows, so there can be no excuses. If you aren't sure they are about to start a hotlap (rather than finish one and are about to spectate) assume that they are until the spectate or pass you.

To ensure that people read the rules (which must be clear) simply state that it is up to the drivers to manage themselves. Anyone who misses their slot through not paying attention should forfit their slot and start from the back.

This way, we'll have 4 cars on the track at any given moment, and if people read the forums it'll be all over within 30 minutes, probably less.
Quote from tristancliffe :If you aren't sure they are about to start a hotlap (rather than finish one and are about to spectate) assume that they are until the spectate or pass you.

The best way to do this: the admin present will tell when one should start the outlap. If you let the drivers decide, there can and will be confusion. There is so much unnecessary chat noise that you can't really expect every driver to make the right call AND that is not the only cause. The outlap should be done without any excessive swerving, if a driver can pass a 3rd/4th gear corner with full steering lock either side, he can do that of course.
#22 - axus
Quote from tristancliffe :First, publish the qualifying order. I know T7R go after vMax, but I bet a lot of people don't know off the top of their heads their team order.

Quote from the rules: "Drivers will go out in the order in which their teams have registered for the league."

That can be found on the vMax site.

I quite like the 1/4lap suggestion though

Renku, I don't know how else you expect people to warm the rear tyres. One lap qualifying with cold rears in high wind on a long track... hmmm.
Did the quali really took 50 minutes on AS north? Well, basically there is nothing wrong if the quali lasts so long if there is something that justifies it. It just is a fact that this single driver quali system takes time. Basically the question is do people think that the current system is worth the time? If you put 5 cars on the track at the same time, what's the difference if there was 10 cars? It really isn't a single lap/driver qualification system anymore if there are more than one driver putting the best lap down at the same time.

Is it single driver qualification system or single lap qualification system?

I have suggested a system of two 10 minute sessions (LX4s and LX6 separately) which would take about 20 minutes, but it would be something totally different than the current system. I see that people are against this too so I don't see this possible. But it would take a lot less time, if people really want shorter qualifications.

If you want to keep the "single lap qualy" you need to understand and accept that it takes more time. If it takes an hour on the next race, so what? As long as we know and can prepare for it with sandwiches and coffee

Putting more racers on the track at the same time increases the chances that something goes wrong. You need rules and penalties for them.
Quote from Renku :The best way to do this: the admin present will tell when one should start the outlap. If you let the drivers decide, there can and will be confusion.

If the admin (Anton) is driving, then that's not always possible. The drivers should be able to see on the map where cars are and know the order required. It only takes seconds to read a forum post just before the event to make sure you know the order.

Quote from Renku :There is so much unnecessary chat noise

Yes, there is too much chat in general, so it's hard to see when something important is said. Either Anton should use RaceControlMessages, or we ban chat during 'qualifying' other than legit questions/statements. Back-patting and chit-chat/piss-taking can wait for MSN or here.

Quote from Renku :The outlap should be done without any excessive swerving, if a driver can pass a 3rd/4th gear corner with full steering lock either side, he can do that of course.

Simply have the vMax admins work out a minimum outlap time. Anyone who takes more than the allowed time will have his driving reviewed. The downside is that slower drivers will have less time to spend warming tyres than the quick ones, but as the field is rarely separated by more than 3 or 4 seconds (per class) then it's not a big worry.

I noticed someone ask if they could restart qualifying because they spun on their outlap. I think this should NEVER EVER be allowed - it's the whole point of single lap qually - one chance to get out there, warm the tyres and go for it. If you wreck it by driving like an idiot on your outlap then that is your stupid fault. You are the one driving, and you have to decide on the level of risk. Does anyone else, other than me, practice their outlaps? If you crash, and then (somehow) take the next car out, then again there should be no re-runs, but a HUGE penalty for the spun car. It's not a race, so no need to struggle back to the track desperately when you've already lost 1/4 lap to the next car.

Edit: Please can we sort out the post qualifying system. I hate the fact we can go out and post more laps as 'practice' but it's abused. I make a point of braking in easy places, so that I am several seconds slower, but still get to practice the hard parts of the lap at the corrects speeds. But, I am of the opinion that after qualifying that's it. No more driving until the lag lap starts. Just a 5 minute chat time (chat allowed) and toilet break. Then we can just go into the race with a shift-r, and not have to reset the grid after some fools 'accidentally' sets a faster time. Even more time saved.
Quote from tristancliffe :
I noticed someone ask if they could restart qualifying because they spun on their outlap. I think this should NEVER EVER be allowed - it's the whole point of single lap qually - one chance to get out there, warm the tyres and go for it. If you wreck it by driving like an idiot on your outlap then that is your stupid fault.

He did say his anti-virus interfered with him whilst on his outlap, lucky for him though there was only body damage. In the case where someone has an accident that is just tough luck and i agree, no second time around to get it right.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG