The online racing simulator
Quote from Viper007Bond :Images aren't allowed in sigs here.

That screenshot is not from this forum, but from one serbian forum.
So, it's not allowed there neither.. damn..
As long as you can get the forum admin/webmaster(s) to code something for the forum, you could be allowed to use it. I would just go ahead and create a thread and ask for the feature. You could either do what Viper007 did on his forum, or even create your own BBcode that is something like [lfs][/lfs]. This would allow for an image to be in sigs, but only the LFS image.

Best way to do it for sigs could be something like [lfs]username[/lfs], and it would generate the code and other parts like they should. Other people may prefer to code it in their forum, but there are many options still. Just ask, I am sure the feature would be allowed. Because the only reason most forums (like this one) don't allow images in signatures is because you end up having very large pages of posts with some signatures taking up more than half the page. Annoying, and signatures can get out of hand if not moderated... I'm sure you know what I mean. But you can always tell the admin/webmaster(s) that a 16pixel high image isn't that bad, I'm sure they'll understand
thx for the hole mass of links. think i can create me now a nice userbar
btw. thx for that little feature too, i really like such things. go ahaed.
I'm constantly being shown as offline but I'm spectating atm. any ideas?

I put the name 24Seven into the url and clicking it links to my stats, but I always appear offline.
Quote from 24Seven :I'm constantly being shown as offline but I'm spectating atm. any ideas?

I put the name 24Seven into the url and clicking it links to my stats, but I always appear offline.

You've most likely got a locally cached copy of the file.

Try a Control + F5 refresh in your browser. You should find it says spectating.
nm, sorted . I hadn't changed the .gif part of the url lol. stupid noob.
uh, one thing.

These are good, very good.
But I experience some problems with one of them on my site.
It says that I'm online even though I haven't been online for several hours.

How come?

www.heartofracing.com
might be caching - i'll try sending anti-cache headers along with the images to see if that helps.
Quote from Victor :might be caching - i'll try sending anti-cache headers along with the images to see if that helps.

The headers you send by now (the following)
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:18:50 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.18 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Connection: close
Content-Type: image/gif

Won't do the job in some Opera Versions IIRC. You should try to set an extra "Expires" header, which should contain a date in the past (in the same format like the Date-Header). Headers should look like this then:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.18 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
Date: [actual date in GMDate format]
Expires: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 00:01:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Connection: close
Content-Type: image/gif

Let's see if that helps (note the placeholder I set in the Date-Header in the second example, dont change this header manually - the webserver will do the job).

By the way: Apache 1.3.31? Thats old man (and insecure *cough*)!

Greets, Stalker.
Quote from Victor :might be caching - i'll try sending anti-cache headers along with the images to see if that helps.

Don't know what that means, but it seems like its helping
Quote from MyBoss :Don't know what that means, but it seems like its helping

caching means that your browser keeps an old image in its "memory" to minimize the load of the server and your internet connection. especially opera browsers have problems with caching, but other browsers also do sometimes.
Quote from St4Lk3R :caching means that your browser keeps an old image in its "memory" to minimize the load of the server and your internet connection. especially opera browsers have problems with caching, but other browsers also do sometimes.

Ok, so anti-caching means that it tries to remove that image from the cache?
Quote from MyBoss :Ok, so anti-caching means that it tries to remove that image from the cache?

To be specific, the web server (in this case LFSWorld's server) will send additional information along with the image, telling the client (your browser), not to cache it in the first place. Some browsers can ignore this information, unfortunately.

You cannot "remove" things from the cache, per-say (if anyone wants to be picky, I'm ignoring content expiration hackery).
Quote from the_angry_angel :To be specific, the web server (in this case LFSWorld's server) will send additional information along with the image, telling the client (your browser), not to cache it in the first place. Some browsers can ignore this information, unfortunately.

You cannot "remove" things from the cache, per-say (if anyone wants to be picky, I'm ignoring content expiration hackery).

Ok, now I understand
That's a nice feature.
Would a text-based info be possible? I'd like to put that in my signature but images are not allowed.
I know it's an old thread, but since Victor has just given us the ability to display some images in our sigs it might also be a good idea for him to include one of his own design
Quote from Dajmin :I know it's an old thread, but since Victor has just given us the ability to display some images in our sigs it might also be a good idea for him to include one of his own design

Already mentioned I think, and pretty pointless.

Whenever you are online it says just under your username on the left there.
Yep, I already asked him the same thing.
When using the icon on another forum ,it shows me as spectating while racing alone on my public server.
On other servers it seems to work fine?
i put that lines in my signature and it don't works only in the post field

someone help??
It isn't allowed in your signature. You already have an 'online' thing that will appear under your avatar on this forum if you are racing online.

Note the title of the thread "(on other forums)"
Quote from Boris Lozac :Damn, can't get it to work..
I am getting this all the time(see atachment) and it says "Boris Lozac was not find online".
I followed the procedure.. copied and pasted the url for "VB and other forums" and in places where says "USERNAME" i put "Boris%20Lozac", but it doesn't work. What am i doing wrong i'm really a Noob in these web things..
I even url encoded my username.

Quote from imthebestracerthereis :mine works but no image (b/c image it turned off in sig.)

i put that lines in my signature and it don't works, they works only in the post field

someone help??

Quote from SamH :I put together some userbars to get us rolling. Pretty sure someone could turn out something a bit more cool tho. Orionnnn!?

i like so much this bars too, someno know how it works????

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG