The online racing simulator
btw tweak, I like your approach for something other than the LFS icon, but i all of a sudden realised that the helmet might be mistaken for the R from the rfactor logo?
lol rfactor Helmet can be flipped around in the other direction. But ehh, I see what you mean. Going to try the other ideas now
well, besides that, your idea will never work, becaues the forum will download the image and store it, so then it would always show the status of the time the image was downloaded.
Hi ,
maybe u can use this ?

Pit

spectating

Symbols from trucker tachograph.
@Victor: Dunno if it's a bug or what, but I get same icon for spectating, pits and racing

This one::eclipsee_
that's correct. I used that one for all 'online' status's atm, since these icons are pretty much temporary.
#34 - SamH
Is it possible to have options for 3 sizes? A 16x16 icon, with the best will in the world, will never convey to a non-LFSer, enough info without some additional "room", except to other LFSers who will recognise the icon immediately. Rather than miss an opportunity for a bit of free advertising...
Here is one other idea.

Have lots more to come.
Attached images
status_offline.gif
status_online.gif
status_pits.gif
status_spectate.png
I like those very much, Tweak.
As Sam said, to a non LFS-er it would be a mistery, but nothing better can be done with 16x16 icons.
#37 - SamH
I like those, Tweaks! What about UserBar statuses? They'd rock!
Attached images
lfss2licencedracer.gif
lfsfan.gif
Quote from BlackEye :but nothing better can be done with 16x16 icons.

Yeah that's the thing, it is very limited space
Quote from SamH :I like those, Tweaks! What about UserBar statuses? They'd rock!

What's UserBar statuses??

EDIT: oh

Anyways, my other idea (kind of like userbars) is that there should be a longer image so you can see text. For example, something like these 64 x 16 images Doing these makes it possible to use a nice looking image on any background color (these are made for white, but the edges can be put to hard pixels)
Attached images
statusbar_offline.gif
statusbar_online.gif
statusbar_inthepits.gif
statusbar_spectating.gif
Nice ones, tweak .

---
One thing that imho could be a little better is the signs, "online", "offline", "spectating" and "in pits". Why online, wouldn't "racing" be more descriptive and, uhm well, better because you are kind of online when you are specating or pits
I wanted to put "RACING ONLINE" in there or something, but I'd have to increase the width. I've made some other versions here:

But Victor would like it to say "LFS" somehow if possible. Eghh, lotsa ideas
Attached images
statusbar2_offline.gif
statusbar2_online.gif
statusbar2_pits.gif
statusbar2_spectating.gif
And in trying to make the LFS theme similar, the "LFS" icon is placed on these. But since it is only available (and only looks good) on a black background, I've made these ones dark. And used some kind of 'light' on the end to help I guess

It's not easy coming up with something perfect. And even that icon is the old LFS logo, and the yellows and blues are no longer used, so it may or may not make sense even if the logo is used.

EDIT: And as an alternative, just the left side is black /w logo with a light version bar
Attached images
statusbar3_offline.gif
statusbar3_online.gif
statusbar3_inthepits.gif
statusbar3_spectating.gif
statusbar4_offline.gif
statusbar4_online.gif
statusbar4_inthepits.gif
statusbar4_spectating.gif
I think that the biggest problem is trying to convey 4 different types of status in a 16x16 pixels. One idea would be to have the 16x16 pixel icon just have online/offline information. The larger icons could however have all 4 status types.

Anyway, is it really important to know that someone is in the pits or spectating? If I see someone that I want to talk to, all I need to know is that they are online. Chances are that they are racing or about to race. Right?

my white attempt

tweaks, your darks ones are nice too

btw, is that 16px icon too small & fuzzy?
Attached images
statusbar2_online.gif
statusbar2_online_16px.gif
Hey dudes, i dont get it xD

Edit. Something is wrong with my skype status..
Quote from Victor :
tweaks, your darks ones are nice too

"Hard" corners now, so they can be used on any background.

Each are 1.3kb in size.

EDIT: Or here is 2 "offline" versions.

EDIT2: Test

Attached images
statusbar3-HARD_online.gif
statusbar3-HARD_inthepits.gif
statusbar3-HARD_spectating.gif
statusbar3-HARD_offline.gif
statusbar3-HARD_offline2.gif
Quote from Blas89 :Hey dudes, i dont get it xD

Edit. Something is wrong with my skype status..

This thread is about having the ability to show your online status on other webpages, like forums. You can do this by using the following url, which will return an image : http://www.lfsworld.net/isonline.Blas89.gif ( )

About your skype status - check your options. You probably have the option to make yourself visible on the web turned off?
Quote from Tweaker :"Hard" corners now, so they can be used on any background.

Each are 1.3kb in size.

EDIT: Or here is 2 "offline" versions.

neato - I've put that set online now.

There can be other versions, like samh's userbar suggestion, but for now it's about time to sleep
Keep suggestions coming of course.
Couldnt get skype status work, and everything is visible
Another idea the wheel from a FZR
Attached images
online.png
offline.png
inpits.png
spectating.png
Nice, thx Victor and Tweaker.

Show your LFS online-status icon (on other forums ;) )
(205 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG