The online racing simulator
Live coverage of Endurance Races?
Is it possible to make our Races "watchable" for others?
Some friends of mine would like to watch the Races live

I googled and found something called S2Live but it seems not to be released yet?

I just thought that would be great, live coverage of our Races
#2 - Misko
In the meantime we can follow the results from LFSWorld - just click on the host and it shows racers in their current positions. We gotta refresh manually though. Same thing can be done from LFS, click the '?' beside the host, it shows how many laps are completed as well.

Both ways are not comfortable of course, but usefull if you just wanna check whats going on from time to time. In both cases I hope the host itself is not contacted, I think all this information comes from the master server/lfsw? It would be bad if lots of people tried this and make the host and racers in trouble because of additional bandwidth.

Yes we deffinately need some way of spectating live races. Replays are not that exciting to watch later when everything is over.

Perhaps some InSim app could do the trick? Just to collect some messages and information from cars on the host and compile all that in some interesting form and 'play' that on a website? I suppose the mentioned S2Live does something like that.

Edit: We are one step closer to this. InSim Relay is now possible for server admins to apply for.
#3 - Misko
Hey it works! I'm watching the Div A race with LFS Spectator. Didn't tune in from the start but right now round of pitstops is going on, lap is 54th... Casper in the lead, MacEST has disconnected earlier and something happened to Rudi as well as he's in 11th position and a lap down...
#4 - LawVS
I tuned in with LFS Spectator too and caught the last 10 laps. Saw a great catch-up for 3rd between Sirocka and Korteniemi!
#5 - Misko
And I did some live comentating of last half hour on LFSW chatterbox.
heh, thnx guys, I didn't know someone was actualy watching... which is good, coz I'd get nervous
Yes, some of my Friends watched Div B, too
#8 - Misko
hehehe, really great stuff. Next time much more people would be watching for sure.

Live coverage of Endurance Races?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG