The online racing simulator
Event 10, GTR @ Aston North
Pool 1

sorry bout my weird lines bawbag my tyres were hot!
I would like to know, who in Pool 3 used which Patch.

I just saw that there's already a presumably instable Patch U22. I think most of the racers still use U20 (just like me).

Maybe the Server-Crash had something to do with different Patches ...

These massive disconnects happen a bit too often recently ... Yesterday, there was also some trouble in the OWRL and the same two week ago.
patch
think I'm on P20 or 21....I didn't download 22 yet, although the adjusted car sounds...sound good.
Pool 5

Started 3rd with killer strategy, but it failed since I revealed it in lagstart. The fzr's in front closed the middle door in real start. Got bumped a little, no biggie. Made a drastic driving mistake in lap two (or three) and ended almost last. From there on it was blitz. I made my way up to first position (last two positions gained were thanks to pitstops of others and lack of mine). I drove FXR and tried to make it without pitting. Didn't work. On lap 29 it was really obvious that although the R3's could have lasted, they cooled down really fast.

There went the grip. I made some setup adjustments from F12 screen. I changed into R2's with higher pressures and lower camper. That was planned just before the race. It was my hotlapping setup and it worked.

I fell right back into being third, but could clock new pb and faster laps than before. I gained a little and then a lot when the second place holder had problems and had to pit. NASSA's Osoi was about 30 secs ahead and drove pretty much the same laptimes as me, so the rest was just driving fast and safely.

Me very happy to second place Perhaps the best race in the whole season for me. Which is funny, since I didn't like the gtr-cars before the actual race. FXR rocks, and luckily didn't roll this time.
Congrats Julppu, how can you do all those ajustments in F12 while driving? when I do that I'm a pinball for the walls...

Solar Hydro
Quote from felplacerad :Pool 1

sorry bout my weird lines bawbag my tyres were hot!

Uff, TBH the whole race was weird and I only saw 1 weird line in the start finish straight and after I checked your tyres the lap before, I guess you were checking them and forgot to turn.

Sorry to Kingnothing though, I think...I was behind him and Firedup (King had just overtaken so we were all close) into T3 and both braked earlier than I expexted to I went to the inside and ended up going past them both, slight touch with King as I don't think he expected me there :P Made my damage worse though, wheel went to about 1pm when straight after that (Was allready a good bit off to)

Alot of corners were bad after that, went off a few times and pitted alot earlier than I should have (Had about 8 laps of fuel left) But heh, wasn't racing for anything, just fun, unfortunetely didn't find much.

Congradulations to Prophet, was pure ownage.
Quote from Solar Hydro :Congrats Julppu, how can you do all those ajustments in F12 while driving? when I do that I'm a pinball for the walls...

Solar Hydro

It took a bit over a lap and some quick hassle With very cold and slippery tires
(Pool 5)

All I'll say is, that for a rookie like me,actually finishing the race,and finishing it higher than I qualified,was a great thing.(qualified 12th,finished 7th.There is a chance that I might have finished even higher if my front left tyre didn't blow,due to my crappy setup and nonexistant pit strategy.And I hope my driving was okay....)

OLFSL Rocks!!.

Peace.
From last to podium was a whole lotta lot of fun in pool 4, tough but fair race everyone!

BTW we also had severall disconnects towards the end, like 3 or 4 guys, I would also like to know if its patch related...
How can you see which patch you have?
I can't recall downloading any for months.

Solar Hydro
LFS tells you its version on the bottom of the entry/menu screen, you'd should see something like "LFS S2 <version..> (c) .."
BLING BLING stats for POOL2: Link!

Used patch U20.
Pool 4
what an exciting Race! i started from 17th (Grid...13! ???) and finished on second Place after a really hard Battle.Lost 2 kilos! Thanx to All...
Good job Renku, and all the rest of pool 2.
Turn one was a bit ugly for me. I was on the outside and chose to stay there as it looked like a mess on the inside. Unfortunately, I went a bit wide, and then had to avoid the car that had spun off in front. I hit the stupid sign there and that spun the car... those signes are supposed to be plastic... not concreteillepall

I tried to catch Renku, but either he was too steady, or I was too erratic; probably the latter.

I made a lot of mistakes, but managed to keep the car off the wall. It was a long hard race, well fought, and generally clean.

Thanks guys.

And thanks again to the OLFSL staff. Another great race and another great season. Keep up the good work.
That Renku eh Hallen, he's slippery dog alright...great guy to race with.
I think everyone should be on U20 at the moment. It really is a lot better than U and it runs very stable (I did a lot of racing with this patch since a few months and never experienced problems).

It also depends on the Patch level of the server, I don't know what the Patch of the Pool 3 Server was.

Well, the sesaon is over anyway and I hope there will be an official patch soon.
Pool3
Don't know about the results yet, but I was 3rd when the server started to die.

Kind of sucker race. Had some weird fps drop on the first laps, dropped around 5 frames per second for no reason, in few corners it made the steering very hard and made me go off the track Lost a position there, and because of that the pitstop took longer I expected. Could have been the antivirus, but I'venever experienced anything like that. Even checked the CPU fan from the sidewindow of my computer middle of the race but it was ok

Didn't like the race, I hope the results will be fair.

edit. running on U20
Pool 5
I just don´t have any luck. 4 times have I raced in OLFSL and 4 times has the result been rather dissapointing. OLFSL is cursed for me!!!:scared:

I started 4th but was pushed off the track by tfm.driver in the first lap which put me pritty much last. I was faster than most people but passing wasn´t easy. I also made A LOT of stupid mistakes and crashed multiple times on my own. I also got crashed out twice by two Flying Finn racers... team tactics, eh? I finished 4th which was ok but I was hoping to be higher than that. And the quality and consistency of my driving was awful. On the plus side is that thanks to constant wrecking I could pass a lot of people in one race. I think I passed Johnathan Russ like 5 times.

Anyway big thanks to OLFSL staff for a great season. Hopefully the next season will start soon.
Quote from Kalev EST :I also got crashed out twice by two Flying Finn racers... team tactics, eh?

Quote from Kalev EST :Notice the girly pink smilie at the end of that sentence. I was only joking.

I know
I saw to Flying Finns (FienDi and istabraq) collide in front of me in this 1st gear hair pin corner and got past them, hehe.
For the record, I was on U20 too.
Quote from HorsePower :I saw to Flying Finns (FienDi and istabraq) collide in front of me in this 1st gear hair pin corner and got past them, hehe.

:doh:
Quote from HorsePower :I saw to Flying Finns (FienDi and istabraq) collide in front of me in this 1st gear hair pin corner and got past them, hehe.

That was so stupid move from me.. so sorry istabraq

And now that I got started, sorry all who I hit, bumped, crashed, demolished and pissed.

I'll try to improve my performance for the next season - or stop racing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG