The online racing simulator
ConeDodgers LFS: GTR League
As some may have noticed I have setup a new server called [CD] ConeDodgers Racing ready for the new Aston National based LFS: GTR League on which is now taking registrations at http://www.conedodgers.co.uk.

The server has LFS Lapper fitted so records racers fasted time and stores it, the idea being that racers would have to hit a target time to join the league.

As the league is open to all and not to exclude the slowest drivers I set lapper to record anyone faster than 1.59

I just thought you may be interested in the stats.

Over the weekend (30th Set – 1st Oct) 340 racers recorded times faster than 1.59. You can see these stats on the website or by going to http://www.conedodgers.co.uk/conedodgers/stats.html.

The Best recorded time was 1.40.07 (wish it was me) with the highest recorded section being in the 1.43’s where there were 57.

As I am new to server admin I found it difficult to keep up with the requests and chat. I did kick 1 or 2 and warned others but its difficult when you can’t get on your own server to see what’s going on.

As the new league looks as if it’s going to be popular I would ask any driver who wants to take part to register their interest as soon as possible on the website as we may have to limit numbers.

I would like to thank everyone who came and the developers for such a great simulation.

My question is does anyone have any tips to help with server race admin
What track are you talking about?

btw, your conedogers url directs me to an internic site.
Judging from the times I'd say Aston Nat.

But don't you think 1.59 as a limit is a bit ridiculous? I mean, not only that everyone with a tiny bit of racecraft can be faster than that, someone who barely manages 1.59 each lap isn't going to have any competition during a race, but he will just end up as dangerous moving chicane for the other drivers. Take something more reasonable, like, I dunno, 1:46 or maybe 48?
Quote from SabersKunk :What track are you talking about?

btw, your conedogers url directs me to an internic site.

It is Aston National and the links are working correctly for me, is anyone else getting a problem?
Works correctly for me.
Quote from AndroidXP :Judging from the times I'd say Aston Nat.

But don't you think 1.59 as a limit is a bit ridiculous? I mean, not only that everyone with a tiny bit of racecraft can be faster than that, someone who barely manages 1.59 each lap isn't going to have any competition during a race, but he will just end up as dangerous moving chicane for the other drivers. Take something more reasonable, like, I dunno, 1:46 or maybe 48?

For interest

1.40 = 15
1.41 = 27
1.42 = 39
1.43 = 57
1.44 = 47
1.45 = 38
1.46 = 28
1.47 = 18
1.48 = 23
1.49 = 9
1.50 = 4
1.51 = 8
1.52 = 4
1.53 = 3
1.54 = 5
1.55 = 3
1.56 = 4
1.57 = 4
1.58 = 9
1.59 = 1

The idea is to have several divisions from fast to slow, that way the slower drivers get to race on thier own and the faster drivers get some good racing which is what we all want.

I do think you are right that setting a limit may force slower drivers to practice when not in a race but by the look of the numbers this may be about 1.49

Thanks for you comments
#7 - robps
A little off topic, but your Aston National guide on the site is excellent
Quote from birder :It is Aston National and the links are working correctly for me, is anyone else getting a problem?

Your links are working now.

I think my pb on asnat is 1.41 although I struggle to participate in more than a couple of races on asnat as I find it boring and my attention span is short at the best of times
any chance of creating some "western" divisions for this league, with later start times (say 0100 or 0200 GMT)?
Quote from evilgeek :any chance of creating some "western" divisions for this league, with later start times (say 0100 or 0200 GMT)?

The form to join on the website asks for country so it should be easy if you can get enough to join i will do it.

Which contries?

Someone will have to admin it as i will be in bed
Nice site you got there.

About the time limit... I think you should be way more strickt and
cut it at say... 1.44 or 1.45

..but then again... its also a question of getting enough racers to join the league.

Quote from bo-kristiansen :Nice site you got there.

About the time limit... I think you should be way more strickt and
cut it at say... 1.44 or 1.45

..but then again... its also a question of getting enough racers to join the league.

Hi Bo

First thanks for the comments and for beating me so many times yesterday....... Ahhhhhhh

If you dont mind i will leave it as it is for a few days and watch how many join the league. As more join the higher the target time will go, in fact it may be an idea to also do a "starters League" outside the LFS: GTR League as we all have to learn racecraft somewhere and it better if the slower cars are on their own.

Finally, do me a favour and let me win just once..
Quote from birder :The form to join on the website asks for country so it should be easy if you can get enough to join i will do it.

Which contries?

Someone will have to admin it as i will be in bed

for canada, usa, mexico, maybe australia?

for weekend races, the proposed time of 1800 GMT is probably fine (since that would be early afternoon here) but during mid-week those of us with 9-5 jobs wouldn't be home from work in time.

so far there have been tons of people racing on your server, so hopefully by end-of-month there will be enough people to fill several divisions.
Quote from robps :A little off topic, but your Aston National guide on the site is excellent

Indeed.
Anyone should be able to do 1:40:XX now

As I'll do, erm soon...
Quote from Lotesdelere :Indeed.
Anyone should be able to do 1:40:XX now

As I'll do, erm soon...

most humans find it hard to get under 1:41. i get all sweaty just doing 1:42's with xrr... cant imagine getting a 1:40 right now.
Quote from birder :My question is does anyone have any tips to help with server race admin

Hi,

First of all you 'forgot' to say which track the race was at. You should always give the most important information. Of course I can find on your website it is AS National, but not everyone will take a look there if they can't find it in the initial post.

On the server admin. I couldn't do without the LFS_Keys_Commands.pdf by P1lot. Not everything might be clear, so just go onto your server and test out a few commands when it's empty.

Another tool which comes in handy to check the status and make a few quick changes without going into LFS is Browse For Speed. Just search for that in the forum

Good luck!
but if someone isnt interested enough to figure out what track it is then maybe they wouldnt be interested enough even if the track was in bold letters on the front page.
Quote from Krutch :Hi,

First of all you 'forgot' to say which track the race was at. You should always give the most important information. Of course I can find on your website it is AS National, but not everyone will take a look there if they can't find it in the initial post.

On the server admin. I couldn't do without the LFS_Keys_Commands.pdf by P1lot. Not everything might be clear, so just go onto your server and test out a few commands when it's empty.

Another tool which comes in handy to check the status and make a few quick changes without going into LFS is Browse For Speed. Just search for that in the forum

Good luck!

Thanks

I have the Commands pdf file but several of the commands are not in it also as my server uses LFSLapper the insim post is being used and as far as i am aware you can only use one insim application at a time so RaceGuard and Browse for Speed cannot be used

If i could find a way to use Lapper and RaceGuard my problems would be far less
GTRs at Aston National? Original. But best of luck, hundreds seem to love it.

Moved thread to correct forum.
Im interested in joining this league
- only depends on... race dates, when will we get them?
tuesdays are a no go for me.
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
Quote from CSU1 :I popped into that server last night, didn't get a warm welcome AT ALL.

I am not sure how a server can give a warm welcome but the server was very busy last night.

I am interested in constructive feedback so i can change things for the better but you need to tell me more

Please PM me

Thanks
Quote from bo-kristiansen :Im interested in joining this league
- only depends on... race dates, when will we get them?
tuesdays are a no go for me.

I can't sort out the dates until i have the numbers. I think i can run a maximum of 5 divisions D1 to D5. so thats a maximum of 100 racers, as some drop out other may join but at the lower divisions so the earlier you signup the higher you may be.

My idea is that once i have the numbers and have sorted them out i will email all invited in D1 asking which day they prefer. Once they have chosen i will email D2 and so on. Poor old D5 will get whats left.

I also would like to add the fastest 3 XRR and 3 FXR drivers into D1 to mix it up a bit at the start but once running it will all be on points to who goes where.

If you have any ideas please tell me as i want the league to fit in with you all.

I have worked out that at the rate people are signing up i will be in Division 21 with my crap laptime.

All i can say is please signup ASAP so i can get an idea of numbers
Quote from SabersKunk :Your links are working now.

I think my pb on asnat is 1.41 although I struggle to participate in more than a couple of races on asnat as I find it boring and my attention span is short at the best of times

If you read the website you will see that each league race date is just 2 10 lap races (with a pit) so why not signup and have a go
#24 - VoiD
Quote from birder :
I also would like to add the fastest 3 XRR and 3 FXR drivers into D1 to mix it up a bit at the start but once running it will all be on points to who goes where.

That would be a huge disadvantage for "us" 6 fastest non-FZR-drivers. We´ll loose 1-2 seconds per lap.
Earning points against the 14 fastest FZR´s going ~1.40 will be much more harder as in a "normal" timedepended grid without mixing.
Quote from VoiD :
That would be a huge disadvantage for us 6 fastest non-FZR-drivers. We´ll loose 1-2 seconds per lap.
Earning points against the fastest 14 FZR going ~1.40 will be much more harder as in a "normal" timedepended grid without mixing.

I think you are right Void, all i can do is run the qualifying races and use those to decide the division placings. At the end of the day there will be an overall Champion, Top FZR, Top XRR and Top FXO. Plus each division winner, i think thats enough champions for one league.

I will also keep trying to work out a points system that is handicapped, i have to do that as i will never win anything myself even in an FZR.

Now lets think, we could have "Champion for the oldest bald driver, in a red and black FZR, number 33 from the UK who was born in August", Now at last i have a chance of a trophy but even then i would come second no doubt.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG