LFSSpain ADM

Drivers:
J.Félix Díaz - eakew - Spain
N.Madern - narcis - Spain

Car:
GT2 Class, XFR

Number:
the first sesion of qual starts in 10 min, server details are in the first post
hey guys, i think there could be something wrong with the results.

i was the third driver of our team in todays qualyfing, but my time did not get recorded. its no big deal for us, since i wasn't very fast anyway. but its strange that my time wasn't recorded.

here is a screen i took at the end
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6015/ergebnismoecw1.jpg

you can see that i drove a 2:35.92, which should have put me on position 12, but my name is nowhere to be found in the result.

as i said, no problem for our team since el barto (f.gröbmair) was on 3 anyway, but just for your information i think there might be a problem when too many people drive the qualyfing, so that times by drivers who joined later are not recorded.
I noticed the same thing...my out lap time was recorded but none of the others
Results of the first qual sesion are up

As for the Aston GT logo i'm sorry to report that Tweak wasn't able to complete it in time for LFS GT, if by some miracle he'll do it until the race then everyone will have to use it, if not we'll just race with the LFS GT banner only
Quote from Scoop :Results of the first qual sesion are up

As for the Aston GT logo i'm sorry to report that Tweak wasn't able to complete it in time for LFS GT, if by some miracle he'll do it until the race then everyone will have to use it, if not we'll just race with the LFS GT banner only

Shouldn't we (Team OCRANA OldSchool) be in 6th position? 666 - S.Musahl drove overall 6th time, and we are placed 7th? I dont get the logic there...
Quote from Vykos69 :Shouldn't we (Team OCRANA OldSchool) be in 6th position? 666 - S.Musahl drove overall 6th time, and we are placed 7th? I dont get the logic there...

I don't think there are any qualifying listings other than the screenshot in the first post. The list of teams is just the order of the sign-ups.
hehe, sry then
vykos i can't set the final grid order until we do tonights qual sesion also
The grids are finished everyone get ready for a cool race
#36 - need
Scoop,
Won't make much difference for the race, but car #20, I did a 2:56.85 in the 2nd qualifying session, not a 2:58.85. Moves us up 1 grid slot to 7th in the XFR position's :P
SciroccoPlayers drove 2:35.33 But it isnt important because we wont jump up a position
Race start in 15 min PPL GET ON THE SERVER NOW
Just a little note on the tracker. Various things have changed.

Because this track has 4 sectors, we changed the sector images (nothing big). I just noticed that the sector is sometimes displayed wrong (car in sector 3 displayed as being in sector 4), but this is nothing serious.

Also, I changed the way the difference to the car ahead is calculated. Instead of displaying "+1 lap", it only shows the difference in time.

For example:
Car #1 is on lap 65 and finished lap 62 6m32s ago
Car #2 is on lap 63 and finished lap 62 0m15s ago

Then the difference shown will be 6m17s. So in effect, it uses data of 6 minutes ago, so the bigger the gap, the larger the deviation. However, the larger the gap, the less relevant an exact measure is, so this should not be a big problem.
The advantage of this way, is that it gives more information. The old system said "+1 lap", but this can be 1 lap and 3 seconds (so right behind the car in front) or 1 lap and 2 minutes (so maybe right in front of the car in front, so nearly 2 laps behind). This time difference might also be more usefull when calculating pitstop strategies.

More improvement suggestions are always welcome
has someone got a replay of the first few laps of todays race and can you upload it?

thanks in advance.
First of all: Great race, I had a lot of fun chasing the pod-guys (huhu bjoern ) and I like the thing, that there are GT2 cars on the track. Great action there.

Only one thing: If you get blue flag, and get lapped (hello, car #7), wouldnt it be easier to lift a sec or move over, than actually racing on racing line, closing door and bumping into my left rear wheel, when I finally pass? It doesnt matter, if you are actually also fight for position, it's a matter of racerules, that you should let car behind pass, when you get blue flag.
Quote from Vykos69 :First of all: Great race, I had a lot of fun chasing the pod-guys (huhu bjoern )

grrrrr :jedi:
Great race everyone, both fields, very smooth racing

I would also like to know if replay is going to be posted somewhere, left the server as soon as my mate took over and forgot to save it.
#45 - need
Was a good race, at least I had a good first hour and a half anyway.
Unfortunately my teammate got called into work, and we didn't have a back-up driver available for this round , so we had to retire at that point

We'll get ourselves better organised for the next round.

PS - The tracker was showing the wrong driver names for our team.
Quote from Vykos69 :Only one thing: If you get blue flag, and get lapped (hello, car #7), wouldnt it be easier to lift a sec or move over, than actually racing on racing line, closing door and bumping into my left rear wheel, when I finally pass? It doesnt matter, if you are actually also fight for position, it's a matter of racerules, that you should let car behind pass, when you get blue flag.

i totally agree with u, and for that i apolagize for my team. we were under a LOT of pressure when after razvan finishd his first houre, and i got onto the track just to find out that i was only getting 10fps.....(lfs specator didnt really closed...it remaind runing in background...and ruind my day) i had to swicth with scoop after 2 laps...and after anothere 3 laps scoop also rand into a problem and had to switch again with raz. therefore we where really pissd by our badluck. i admit what raz did was a litle hursh and there is no excuse, but ur teammates warent that angels 2 u know? i think 2 times one of ur cars hit our and went on without a problem, nearly ran us out. i and saw that before on the last race. coldheart passes and hitings.
Funny you say that Alex, similar things were being said in our TS channel during the event. Silly attempts to pass backmarkers (leading/winning GT2 car) and rather than waiting for a suitable place to pass (its not like they're underpowered!!) tried something stupid which thankfully only caused themselves to go off but apparently almost took us out with them. This on the back of similarly stupid attempts to pass through other cars going into the last chicane in qual. Both those instances came from the Ocrana car, i know who was responsible for the qual incident, not sure about the incident in the 1st hour of the race though (I was at the footie watching the scousers get HAMMERED!! )

Maybe there were instances of people being particularly hard to pass, but to a degree its not for the slower (to be lapped) car to pull over the second your right behind them, sometimes you just have to accept that either car making a move is a stupid thing to do, but sometimes stupid people do stupid things.
If theres chances where they could safely allow the lapping car to pass then there shouldnt be any excuses, but making moves because the cars in the way in a 'my cars bigger than your car' manner isnt very sporting (nor is holding people up while under blue flag)
Mahlzeit.....

Quote from Alex_Tiger :i think 2 times one of ur cars hit our and went on without a problem, nearly ran us out.

I believe one of the occasions you mean was in lap 1.....have a look: http://mail.ocrana.com/member/dasboesec/LFS_GT-AS_GT.avi
White: You
Red: Me

It's very well possible that I should have tried to back off even more (though I was braking the whole time), but at the same time the corner wasn't clearly yours when entering the braking zone and you did not leave me that much room to the right side......I think we both were to blame ('racing incident'), and after all our contact in itself did not do any harm (except for the time we lost) to you or me.....what happened after our contact is a different ballgame and not my cup of tea.....

Still.....If I make a mistake.....tell me and I will try to improve myself.....but don't go around trying to justify something you or your teammates did with my mistakes, okay?

Quote from PaulC2K :Silly attempts to pass backmarkers (leading/winning GT2 car) and rather than waiting for a suitable place to pass (its not like they're underpowered!!) tried something stupid which thankfully only caused themselves to go off but apparently almost took us out with them.

Well....I think that was caused by some kind of misunderstanding.....approaching a fast lefthander your car was keeping so far to the right when I closed up from behind that I thought it would go wide and let me go through on the inside, like a couple of other GT2 cars did before.....instead we had a contact of my right rear with your left front.....sorry for that.....but to use your words, to me it seemed 'silly' to leave a door open just to close it when its already a bit too late.....

CU, Sebastian
DasBoeseC, Was just a misunderstanding I guess but all I done was follow the advice which has allways worked when being lapped by a GT1 car, hold your line and thats what I did. That was the line that I take through that corner everytime, so I wasn't leaving the door open then slamming it shut on you, just doing what i've done the whole race and thankfully this was the only real incident I/WE had...I think.

As for the video you posted, just seemed like a inexperienced move to me, you don't realise how big an affect on your corner it is taking a tighter entry and leaving room for a car next to you, especcially round that corner. Was good how all was well untill the inexusable swipe at an innocent car.

Was a good race though, happy with the result, well done to 1st for the GT1 class win and anyone else who feels they need applausing.

Ps. If anyone has uploaded the replay or the 1st stint can you post the link here please, thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG