The online racing simulator
Round 4 Preparation - FeGold
So guys? How's it going!

Who's ready, and who's not so ready?

I've worked on my set, so the tres stay green over 16 laps, but I might need to change the right front for the 32 lapper.

Best time in race conditions (fuel, worn tyres) is 1m16.49
Best time in hotlapping (HLVC) is 1m16.18 (but ran out of fuel with 50m still to go, so possible 1m16.10 I reckon).

Of course, it doesn't make a s**t of difference, cos I'll spin out on lap 3 anyway, and then about 10 more times trying to catch up with everyone... ho hum.
#2 - LawVS
Don't be so sure Tristan. The longest I can go before spinning is 14 laps so times will be limited to people being cautious.

Best time in race trim is 1.16.60 but I can do a 16.5 with low fuel. Tyres last 10 laps before going off which isn't good :S
Quote from LawVS :The longest I can go before spinning is 14 laps

Quote from tristancliffe :I'll spin out on lap 3 anyway

Well, here's hoping

But seriously things aren't looking good for tomorrow, My PB is 1.17.44 I think, but I fear my race pace will be more in the high 17, low 18 region...

And I too am still making too many misstakes, so tomorrow is shaping up to be quite the bloodbath .
#4 - CMU
My quickest is into the 1m17 reigion, but I expect I'll be turning in lots of 1m18s in the race. That's fine by me - the tyres are wonderfully stable over 16 laps at that pace and I don't fall off too often if I concentrate properly (hope that doesn't jinx me now).

Haven't had the level of practice I was hoping to fit in mind. Too much other stuff going on at the moment.

I haven't had much experience of running with other cars here yet in S2, except for a few laps with Xero. I did lots of racing on Gold and Club with a league in S1 however and I'm dreading the first corner and first chicane. Both are major accident spots with lots of people heading into them at once as you have to slow so much for the corner, then the chicane is exceedingly tight and requires a perfect line. My advice would be to not be side-by-side at the chicane (on any lap), and to not attempt to gain places into the first corner.
I'm not too worried about the hairpin t1, but you're right about that chicane... It's tight and those curbs are nasty.
I think the people at the back of the grid will need to be very careful into T1, whilst anyone from 3rd onwards will need to be careful in the chicane.

But in the flat out drag all the way to the 4th gear left will be a likely place for accidents. People slow out of the chicane will be side by side with people quicker behind. Most of those corners are not really safe 2 wide, so be prepared for that!

In fact, the whole track is generally tough. Choosing your passing places isn't as easy as just going for it anywhere. That'll end up with accidents. I reckon it's as hard to pass here as it is at SO Town.
Quote from tristancliffe :I reckon it's as hard to pass here as it is at SO Town.

Maybe even harder, 'cause the curbs are almost as unforgiving as the walls in South City, the track is just as narrow but there is less vigorous braking in Fern Bay; so overtaking by braking later than your opponent is gonna be harder.
I do a lot of UF1 racing at FE Club, and the hairpin and chicane are a mess in 90% of the races, the chicane in particular just allows one car through it, and still people that have gone wide at the hairpin and let you get the good line, will keep going abreast and force you into the tyre barrier or crash into you if you keep the line.

I have ended up lifting everytime I am alongside anyone there, because usually is the kind of guy that will be out in the grass in the next few corners anyways.
All the week long has been borrowed by repair of a wheel and other work. I hope today a little to be trained.
#10 - CMU
Quote from tristancliffe :I think the people at the back of the grid will need to be very careful into T1

That hits the nail on the head. The accidents we used to see at the T1 hairpin on the first lap were because the folks at the back can't see what's happening at the front, and can't tell where they should be braking to slow in time for the cars that are already there.

Everyone goes through T1 a little slower on the first lap as they have to wait for cars in front - one slower than normal person makes everyone behind slower too. The people at the back find themselves well beyond their required braking point and either run into the back of the pack, or dive up the inside as an escape route and run into the midfield runners who are halfway through the corner.
Bad news guys, I won't be there tonight. There's a social for my local amateur dramatic group and it'd be rude not to go and spread the good word down the local :P So I guess you can capitalise on my absence and good luck to you all

Besides, there's always Kyoto National
Is this event even going to go ahead? The server isn't up, and I haven't had any passwords or contact from DT. Can't get him on MSN either.

Xero is the same (no passwords or MSN).

Anybody else know?

DT?
Aircav?
Anyone in the UKLFS team???
haven't gotten anything...

I was wondering where Darktimes went, but he dit post something this saturday (here) so at least he didn't go up in smoke...
If not we can always go to TechAdes server? Or even a vMax server, but the pings are high at them cos they are based in Texas.

does anyone have a server we can use?

If so, use the same password as last time... check your old emails!
If not, then bugger. Hope DT get's online!
Quote from tristancliffe :If not we can always go to TechAdes server?

My server won't take us all, it's only a little PIII, on my Telewest 256kbit upload
Bugger....I wonder if DT has had enough of running the league?
I think he's also been bitten by rFactor bug.

If he doesn't appear tonight i'd rather we postponed it for 1 week, rather than going ahead with it unofficially.
I agree
#19 - CMU
I'd agree with postponing too. Can't really race without the appropriate server.
Anyone that wants is welcome to jump on my server for a mess about.
well i urge everyone to get in contact with dt, simply becuase i know as much as yourselves, im a bit unhappy at it all!!!! but for some - when interest is lost ,its hard to rekindle ,(if that is even what it is ) i dont "think" ive lost interest, as id like uklfs and its leagues etc to emcompass all racing sims, rf gtl, whatever, even RD3 (perish the thought) lol only jokin....i "think".....
Okay, I'll PM DT now, and hope we can get an explanation out of him

Perhaps FeGold next week then?
#23 - CMU
Quote from Aircav :id like uklfs and its leagues etc to emcompass all racing sims, rf gtl, whatever

Great! When do we have UKLFS Mario Kart (SNES version)
Phew, what luck! Well, I did have a good time but I had a niggling sense of guilt. But it's good that I can still race you guys but it's a shame it happened this way ><
Dammit, Laws is back, just when I thought the competition was getting easier (self-inflicted spins not-withstanding!)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG