The online racing simulator
LFS License Buying Guide
(7 posts, started )
LFS License Buying Guide
Hi there!

I played LFS years ago as a kid on my uncle's account. I don't remember what license he had but it was most likely S1 or S2. I recently decided to pick up my own copy of LFS after playing the Demo for a little while just to get back into it.

Can I get some advice on which license tier you'd recommend to get, and why?

Cheers!
Well, since the mods got added, most action is on S3. If you can, i'd definitely recommend that.

With S2 you can still enter a sizable amount of events, if they don't use S3 content (Rockingham, Layout Square, Mods)

S1 is pretty much only good for drifting the XRT, tho i suspect a lot of drift servers switched to S3 with the mods being available.
You could still do some events like Fragmasters' GTI thursday or MRc FBM Saturday when they run S1 tracks (which, as luck would have it, is true for both this week)

unfortunately, pickup racing is dead as hell outside demo, but you can find some people to run races with from time to time. AA's Multiclass server (S2) has a couple people on it most days.

TL;DR - get S3 if you can, otherwise go for S2
Quote from johneysvk :Well, since the mods got added, most action is on S3. If you can, i'd definitely recommend that.

With S2 you can still enter a sizable amount of events, if they don't use S3 content (Rockingham, Layout Square, Mods)

S1 is pretty much only good for drifting the XRT, tho i suspect a lot of drift servers switched to S3 with the mods being available.
You could still do some events like Fragmasters' GTI thursday or MRc FBM Saturday when they run S1 tracks (which, as luck would have it, is true for both this week)

unfortunately, pickup racing is dead as hell outside demo, but you can find some people to run races with from time to time. AA's Multiclass server (S2) has a couple people on it most days.

TL;DR - get S3 if you can, otherwise go for S2

Thank you… S3 it is
indeed, go for S3, you won't regret your investment !
Quote from Flotch :indeed, go for S3, you won't regret your investment !

Thank you! Mods seem worth it
johneysvk explained it very well my opinion is definitely S3
Quote from yasin.inan :johneysvk explained it very well my opinion is definitely S3

Okay! You guys sold me on S3. Once I can afford it, I will make the purchase. Feel free to add me and message me.

LFS License Buying Guide
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG