The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :There is a big difference there.

In the earlier image the interface was confined to the central third of the screen, and the left and right thirds had separately rendered images (at a different angle, designed for a 3-screen setup).

In the recent image the interface is wider, confined to a 16:9 area in the centre of the wide screen. The game image is one single render.

Oh my days, you're right. Thank you! I will be using that from now on.
when is the day and night update dropping out?
Quote from chaitany :when is the day and night update dropping out?

after the new tyre physics

also probably will require a paid licence too for dynamic day/time
Isn't the following update release with "new lighting + new tire physics" including day and night stuff?
Quote from rane_nbg :Isn't the following update release with "new lighting + new tire physics" including day and night stuff?

Sorry yeah, it's 1 patch. But at this current point it seems like Scawen's more or less "done" with the day/night stuff and has transitioned his efforts to finishing the physics
What about changing a bit the organization of replays.
Put each replay in a separate folder with necessary mods copied there. This way when you have a replay you have the associated mod. Want space ? By deleting the replay you delete the associated mod data. Replays are still the same. No change it is just that LFS will look for mods on its own folder. Some hard links might work but I see that more complex.

Then in the normal folder you can do an obsolete version clean up but also you can delete all and suffer only one minor setback: you will have to download them again.

As for old replays I guess some kind of macro could rebuild them to new standard.
/status [none/F9/F10/F11/F12/next/prev]

For some reason, /status F12 does not enable the F12 panel. All other commands work properly, can also scroll to F12 using
/status [next/prev]

edit: gives no error message like /status F13 or any other invalid parameter would.
would be cool if we have more sliders/option for Engine sound , and separate upshift and downshift sound Big grin
Quote from MandulAA :For some reason, /status F12 does not enable the F12 panel. All other commands work properly, can also scroll to F12 using
/status [next/prev]

Thanks, I had a < instead of <=
#63 - FIZ
"we are working hard and trying to get to the long awaited release. I've discussed a little with Eric about the need for us to try to bring our work to a close and really get to the release."
(december 2nd, 2022 - 104 days ago)

Can these patch updates come with also the long awaited release, please?
What needs to be done yet to the new tire physics? Can be fine tuned while receiving feedbacks from users?

About things needed strongly by the community that the main developer discovers only 15 years later, please implement a modern upvote/downvote system.
The forum thread is not the right place to discuss about suggestions / bugs / enhancements.
Something like Reddit upvote / downvote system.
There are many companies offering such online service, like
https://featureupvote.com/
But, as a web developer, I guess it would be quite easy to program one similar tool.
Basically, an onsite ticket system where to collect bugs, suggestions, requests.. voted / liked / starred by users, so the devs can immediately see whats more urgent and then however make their independent decision or comments about.
Quote from Scawen :Test Patch D18

New display in F9 / F10 views shows estimated laps given fuel usage
Mods to delete in Cleanup mode of mods screen are shown bright red
FIX: Some cars' live settings were not adjustable without F11 view
FIX: /altf and /ctrlf now cannot be followed by another command
More updated translations - thank you translators!

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117

Where can I find this "cleanup mode"? I would like to delete old versions of mods, instead of having to do that manually.
In single player mode, in the mods screen. There's a button under the mods.
Quote from Racon :In single player mode, in the mods screen. There's a button under the mods.

Found it, thanks
thanks!
I have a suggestion (If it's not hard to do) to make visible the tire surface temperature (with tire inner layer temperature) and pressure level with value as it was in earlier versions. For example, if you could do something like the picture, so tire surface temperature on top and tire inner layer temperature on bottom, that would be cool. It is important not to block the tread layer to see the wear.

By default, F9 shows the temperature of the inner layer of tire rubber, but many players do not know this, and do not know that LFS has a function to view the temperature of the tire surface on ctrl+shift on F9 screen, and this is very important, especially if you want to analyze the tire heating in each corner and how you need to turn for better temp, or how fast tire cooling on straight, inner layer of tire temp not that much informative, it can help in the tactics in the race.

In addition, it is not convenient to press ctrl+shift in corners to watch the changes in the tire surface temperature.

From my experience about 95% (or even more) of the players do not know that there is a tire surface temperature in LFS and inner too on ctrl+shift, or rather they believe that this is surface temperature is shown in f9 and there is only that.. So it's a little confusing.

Edit: alternatively just make a switch button instead of holding a button. But then we need to make an explanation for when we see the temperature of the outer layer and when we see the temperature of the inner layer otherwise you can get confused.
Attached images
asasasasas.jpg
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :I have a suggestion (If it's not hard to do) to make visible the tire surface temperature (with tire inner layer temperature) and pressure level with value as it was in earlier versions. For example, if you could do something like the picture, so tire surface temperature on top and tire inner layer temperature on bottom, that would be cool. It is important not to block the tread layer to see the wear.

By default, F9 shows the temperature of the inner layer of tire rubber, but many players do not know this, and do not know that LFS has a function to view the temperature of the tire surface on ctrl+shift on F9 screen, and this is very important, especially if you want to analyze the tire heating in each corner and how you need to turn for better temp, or how fast tire cooling on straight, inner layer of tire temp not that much informative, it can help in the tactics in the race.

+ I agree with this, it would be useful in racing
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :I have a suggestion (If it's not hard to do) to make visible the tire surface temperature (with tire inner layer temperature) and pressure level with value as it was in earlier versions.

This is really not on topic and has nothing to do with the test patch.

I'm trying to finish the things in the test patch and get back to tyre physics. The test patch thread will not become a random suggestions thread.

Remember the forum section for suggestions: https://www.lfs.net/forum/8-Improvement-Suggestions
@Scawen:

Stupid question (because I have no idea about the technical implementation): Why is it not possible to create/generate such an AI path in multiplayer as well instead only for single player?
Is that planned (on todo list) but too time-consuming/complex at the moment?
Quote from Pasci :@Scawen:

Stupid question (because I have no idea about the technical implementation): Why is it not possible to create/generate such an AI path in multiplayer as well instead only for single player?
Is that planned (on todo list) but too time-consuming/complex at the moment?

Huh that gave me an interesting idea. Have people locally generate their own AI for a mod and then join an MP race and race their generated AI paths. It'd be interesting to see how "identical" they'd be or if there'd be differences.
Quote from gu3st :Huh that gave me an interesting idea. Have people locally generate their own AI for a mod and then join an MP race and race their generated AI paths.

Yes - me

Quote from gu3st :It'd be interesting to see how "identical" they'd be or if there'd be differences

I have never compared. Why should there be differences?
I'm not sure if this belongs here (and at this late stage in testing) but wouldn't it be a good idea to have some sort of optional telemetry for test patches? Something like pings to servers, avg. download speeds etc. or other "backend" specifics that need testing.

Or do you think that this isn't really worth the additional software/monitoring/work (in terms of someone would still have to analyse the results)?
Hey Scawen I got an idea. What if you added a button to show hidden drivers models? So at the Option -> Driver menu you can have a button also show hidden driver models: the ones you normally "unlock" by holding ctrl+shift.

I think currently alot players dont know these exist/are accessable.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG