The online racing simulator
Quote from MousemanLV :I mean if you want to race electric go karts that look kinda ugleh then yes, S3 is for you.
There are way better S3 mods, mostly drift ones. The race ones, mehhh. It's ok

100% true, the race ones are actually i would say decent at best.
Because all the really really top racers that used to play in LFS have mostly moved over to iRacing. There's not much left here. The drift community is still kinda lit tho
Majority of drift community over to AC and its massive amount of mods, most sub-communities of LFS have moved on.
Quote from NumberTwo :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3HlxKZiucU

and its not only 1 kerb, you know that i guess, just playing a bit?

https://www.lfs.net/report-sep2018-ro
Quote :Many of the kerbs now use 3D objects

Let's suppose it will be improved ...
Anyway, I was doing some laps around oulton park in ACC, and found the kerbs more deadly.
Most of time I suppose kerbs are crossable from the inside wheel perspective (this explains the presence of sausages kerb added to limit the thing Big grin ), but regularly the outside wheel has to avoid the contact (even if anyway, the crazy jump you got in video is too much I agree).
yes
i'm with an unbiased opinion here, its not worth it and looking back, what a rip-off that S3 release was 8 years ago
Kind of yeah. The game really only has nostalgic feeling to it. Those electric formulas are a joke anyway gg wp
Quote from Iginla :i'm with an unbiased opinion here, its not worth it and looking back, what a rip-off that S3 release was 8 years ago

I remind you that we are talking here about a difference of 6 euros between the S2 & the S3.Smile

What do you get for 6 euros with contemporary games? Even on Raceroom, an old free game of comparable graphic quality, with 6 euros you will have to choose between a car and a track. And you will need to have a powerful computer with a good connection and dedicate 40 GB to Steam (with all the problems of using this ... stuff)

What quality games can you play today with a 10+ year old computer without Steam?

I understand that over time LFS has discouraged a lot of people. The world of simracing has also evolved a lot since the first release of LFS. I do not deny the various problems of LFS. But even in its current state, with the mod system which is an undeniable revolution, the S3 is an excellent choice.

I may be wrong, and thank you for correcting me, what is there comparable to LFS in terms of qualities, possibilities, ergonomics, freedom of creation and use for such a low price with a lifetime license? Even (and above all !) 8 years later? Looking
Quote from MousemanLV :Hard to make a proper mod when you can't even name the car as intended, but are forced to work around it. No OE brands, symbols.

Well, if you find the biggest obstacle in modding being the inability to name the car the way you want because you don't have legal permission from the manufacturer, then you can't be taken seriously...

Quote from MousemanLV :Those electric formulas are a joke anyway gg wp

Did you even try to drive it?
If yes, thanks for useless feedback.
If not, thanks for useless comment.
Quote from Avraham Vandezwin :I remind you that we are talking here about a difference of 6 euros between the S2 & the S3.Smile

it's 12 GBP (not euro) potentially dropping to 9/6 depending on where you live.
Quote from johneysvk :it's 12 GBP (not euro) potentially dropping to 9/6 depending on where you live.

You are right. Sorry, i referred to the first post in the thread which said:

"I'm debating whether to purchase an S2 license or an S3 license. I don't think S3 really offers anything good other than mods for 6 more euros. I'm not sure if mods work in the server if they do, that would be fantastic."

£6 is exactly €6.81. With such sums, it is necessary to be precise.Wink
Quote from michal 1279 :Well, if you find the biggest obstacle in modding being the inability to name the car the way you want because you don't have legal permission from the manufacturer, then you can't be taken seriously...

Did you even try to drive it?
If yes, thanks for useless feedback.
If not, thanks for useless comment.

It's not really an obstacle, clearly other games and the modders get away with it. There's always going to be this level of comparison because others have done this and continue to do it.
Quote from Avraham Vandezwin :You are right. Sorry, i referred to the first post in the thread which said:

"I'm debating whether to purchase an S2 license or an S3 license. I don't think S3 really offers anything good other than mods for 6 more euros. I'm not sure if mods work in the server if they do, that would be fantastic."

£6 is exactly €6.81. With such sums, it is necessary to be precise.Wink

Mods work online. For €6 extra you're getting access to a lot more cars on top of the standard 20 S2 cars.
How much is 1 hour of fun worth?

How much time might you use your S3 license?

With the answer to these two questions you can work out if it's worth it. Thumbs up

It looks to me like the cheapest deal I've ever seen. I don't know of any other game where you get free updates for life. It's not perfect but what do you expect?

Anyway plenty of fun to be had this weekend, with football in cars and rallycross events.

Have fun all! That's what it's about. Smile
Its a good point...worthyness of anything is measured by the scale of use.

As such, if you plan to use mods and tracks in LFS a lot, then its surely worth it.
Quote from Scawen :How much is 1 hour of fun worth?

How much time might you use your S3 license?

With the answer to these two questions you can work out if it's worth it. Thumbs up

It looks to me like the cheapest deal I've ever seen. I don't know of any other game where you get free updates for life. It's not perfect but what do you expect?

Anyway plenty of fun to be had this weekend, with football in cars and rallycross events.

Have fun all! That's what it's about. Smile

If we calculate in time spent and fun worth, LFS is definitely the best investment of my life Big grin
Thank you for y'all feedbacks, which are greatly appreciated.
-
(SpEeDy A-M) DELETED by SpEeDy A-M
Quote from MousemanLV :It's not really an obstacle, clearly other games and the modders get away with it. There's always going to be this level of comparison because others have done this and continue to do it.

Other games / modders do NOT get away with publishing ripped content.
This gets posted so often but it is wrong.
Maybe for small websites it goes unnoticed for a while but never forever.

Here is a 31 pages thread on racedepartment about illegal mods:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/illegal-mods-steer-clear-of-them-simracing604-we-stand-with-you-too.199546/
Several posts where staffs explains how they try to keep it legal.
If you use that website then you will have noticed that sometimes downloads disappear because they were found to be ripped.

Here is an announcement about www.assettocorsa.net no longer hosting mods because there was too much ripped content:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/modding-section-subforums-terms-of-use.33407/

Quote :(...) However, the same section was targeted by some users that, careless of our rules and ethics, advertise contents ripped from other copyrighted software, making conversion without any authorization by the original creator and basically without any respect towards those modders that make their work from scratch. This has led to interminable discussions on the subforums resulting in a huge loss of time for the devs, moderators and those users that are very active in our community.

Due of this state of things, we as Kunos Simulazioni decided to close indefinitely the "3d Models", "Tracks" and "Liveries" subforums of the modding section.

That said, releasing a track, car or liveries is no more possible on our forum. (...)Links to external sites of which there is even just the suspicion of "not legit content" will be removed without any warning and proper measures will be taken. We will be very strict about this.

That post ist from Jun 2016.
AC was released Dec 2014. So it took barely two years until they had to close the mods section.
But at the same time they used ripped content for large leagues like VDC. Obviously it's not right to do so, but it still is an ongoing issue.
I would definitely recommend getting the s3, it wouldn't be nice to miss future opportunities

Is the S3 license truly worth the money?
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG