The online racing simulator
As we get to Christmas, why not a LiveForSpeed surprise for your community? :)
Hello Scawen, as we are getting to Christmas why not create a surprise for the community 😍?💗

Why not a test version, just to feel the weather change from day to night 😍 even if it's something very simple and beta for example Smile but something remarkable for the community because I believe that would be very good for LFS especially at this time it would be a perfect time to release something new Smile

Keep up the great work, I'm proud to be part of this community that I really love 💗
When it's ready to test it's ready think we can't speed up the progress.
Quote from Scawen :Me too but just to be clear it will still be a while, not this year!

At the end of the year I would be happy just to see some new screenshots. Smile
Unfortunately, Scawen already said no updates this year. So next year Santa may have something prepared for us.
We can only hope! I remember S2 coming out many a moon ago (at Christmas), it just so happened my Dad bought me a ffb wheel, my parents didn't see me much that Christmas 😄 Anyway, I'm just happy it's stil being worked on, and them not being tied into watering things down due to publishers etc.
Yes, very good idea.

It is the moment of the year where Scawen can send us a sign that he cares for us as much as we care for his product.
Yes, Nightmode!
Quote from adirany :It is the moment of the year where Scawen can send us a sign that he cares for us as much as we care for his product.

I don't think that you realise what you just said there and if you would do so, you would understand that there is not a bigger insult to make.
If someone cares about the players, it's Scawen.
Name one developer that's interacting with the community on a forum, interacting when test patches are out, that is always open for suggestions, that cares about the smallest details, etc. etc.
I will help you, there isn't one.
Quote from RC-Maus :When it's ready to test it's ready think we can't speed up the progress.

I don't say release game to something itself, but release something to see more about game Smile
Even if it's more photos or more videos, maybe for example LiveForSpeed itself will show more things inside the tracks.
Quote from joaopaulopt :I don't say release game to something itself, but release something to see more about game Smile
Even if it's more photos or more videos, maybe for example LiveForSpeed itself will show more things inside the tracks.

Scawen allready produces progress reports but Yes it would be nice to see new pictures Fernbay and new track I agree Wink
Quote from Yisc[NL :;2025938"]
Name one developer that's interacting with the community on a forum, interacting when test patches are out, that is always open for suggestions, that cares about the smallest details, etc. etc.
I will help you, there isn't one.

Maybe u should play other games before judging that... Times have changed and many developers does that.
But no... Easier is to look for exclusive features in LFS that isn't that exclusive anymore like it's low price and other things before Face -> palm
the same every Christmas Big grin
Quote from Xenix74 :the same every Christmas Big grin

Yes but there is a difference here.

For us Scawen is not Santa.

As I said in another topic, for us Scawen is the messie. And if he does not change the water in wine from time to time we are all lost.
Quote from RC-Maus :Scawen allready produces progress reports but Yes it would be nice to see new pictures Fernbay and new track I agree Wink

exactly Smile a great example I was also wanting to mention Smile
Something this season to make your mouth water even more 😍😇
it is ready when it is ready. I don't think there should be more hype surounding some holiday, when it already has been comunicated there won't be a release this year. Furthermore it has never been the norm in LFS to my knowledge to release something in a rough state.
Quote from TFalke55 :it is ready when it is ready. I don't think there should be more hype surounding some holiday, when it already has been comunicated there won't be a release this year. Furthermore it has never been the norm in LFS to my knowledge to release something in a rough state.

But all of LFS is in a rough state.

This thing is still in beta, just look at the version number.
Quote from adirany :But all of LFS is in a rough state.

This thing is still in beta, just look at the version number.

I wouldn't say rough, It's very polished for it's state.
We don't have unfinished tracks, or half-developed cars.
Or buggy menus etc. Thumbs up
Quote from Evolution_R :I wouldn't say rough, It's very polished for it's state.
We don't have unfinished tracks, or half-developed cars.
Or buggy menus etc. Thumbs up

is anyone still working on the NTM ? I've been waiting more than 12 years now. I'm afraid I'll turn senile before it's released
Hello everyone.

As you know, we are working hard and trying to get to the long awaited release. I've discussed a little with Eric about the need for us to try to bring our work to a close and really get to the release.

There's always a problem of wanting to do more but sometimes we need to wrap up what is done and get it out there.

So that's the aim. Currently I am trying to get the last notes off my lists of things to finish and bugs to fix, related to the 1000 Hz updates, multithreading and the lighting changes.

That will leave me with the tyre physics to dive into once again to figure out where it's strong, where it's weak, what parts need to be improved before the big release and what can be done later.

On Eric's side, I know he has been very involved with South City and its architecture, making a really beautiful area with so many ways to drive around. I guess he he will be able to delay some of the planned updates, to focus more on filling holes and there are also holes to fill at Kyoto.

In case you haven't seen already, there are a lot of pictures of South City and other new tracks on the 20th Anniversary report from August:
https://www.lfs.net/20th-anniversary

If you want to know what I have been doing, I have listed it in extreme detail on recent threads.

Multithreading progress: (not adding to this one)
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/100464-Progress-on-Multithreading

Development progress: (still ongoing)
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/101348-Development-Progress

So I think we are keeping you pretty well informed. I'm sure everyone can understand that it is in no way possible to finish everything before Christmas and we can't really think of a way to produce a new progress report at the moment.

But we are trying to get there as the release is very important! Smile

I will close this thread as it doesn't really serve a useful purpose any more.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG