The online racing simulator
ADDA R-EIGHT V10
Hey guys! I am happy to announce that I am bringing back the R8 with a new model. I am 99% pretty sure it isn't ripped from a game. It's going to have the same chassis, sound, setups, etc as my old R8. So we will still have the great feel we had before Smile I am mostly done with the exterior and I'll be moving onto the interior soon. I should have the first version uploaded for review in a couple days.
Attached images
Exterior1.JPG
Exterior2.JPG
good thing
The engine sound is amazing and the car design too, but the mod does not allow us to put the slick tyres, then on track the car feels horrible with normal tyres, overheating and having no grip. The weight distribution also has to be reviewed, because during a braking zone all the time the rear wants to step out. Other than that,everything is perfect.
what a engine sound ! thank you bro , amazing mod with all details
OK first of al I freaking love this mod, the sound is accurate and love the model, the mod is just mwah perfect!

My request is could you add R3's and R4's for a separate setup please? You can name it [Race]
Can we please get a skin template, tried to generate one myself but failed.
so any chance of a skin template?
Quote from RevLeon :Can we please get a skin template, tried to generate one myself but failed.

Quote from Bizzle :so any chance of a skin template?

Hey guys, I don’t know how to do this so I’ll have to figure it out. I’ll try to get it done soon!
Derivative mod on, maybe? i could make my own version of the audi r8
Quote from voidmax :Derivative mod on, maybe? i could make my own version of the audi r8

Hi voidmax, I will not be allowing derivatives on this mod.
Ways to improve this mod:
- Better interior / gauge cluster textures;
- LOD3 should have skin support too;

Thumbs up
Quote from Evolution_R :Ways to improve this mod:

Thumbs up

Thank you very much! I am currently working on greatly improving the dash textures as we speak. Already looks much better. I'll get that done and the LOD3 skin support and then I'll let you know when I am finished Smile
Quote from Evolution_R :Ways to improve this mod:

Thumbs up

Hello Evolution_R,

I just recently published these new changes:
- Greatly improved dash texture quality and added new icons, etc.
- Created skin support on LOD3
- Added steering wheel textures
- Created a brand new steering animation for the car's specific steering wheel. Really made sure that hands aren't clipping through the wheel frame by frame.

Other things I have recently done lately to get ready for mod approval are:
- Calculated real downforce converting lbs of downforce to newtons at multiple different speeds for accuracy. I used an article I found and tested downforce at different speeds. Very close to real life.
- Created a nicely working skin template (people have already made skins for my AR-EIGHT and they look great)
- Fixed all bad normals and errors in LFSE
- Updated engine sound to make sure it's not clipping (hardly at all now)
- Refined all default setups for a good driving experience. I had multiple wheel users test my suspension and scrub to make sure my default setups are an enjoyable experience for all users across mouse and wheel.
- Patched up random triangles/areas on the model.
For sake of consistency I would suggest to remove the Track kit configuration and make a seperate mod with it (Cup version or something like that),where it can have realistic aerodynamics values and settings like adjustable wings,where also addition of slick would make sense.
Quote from Eclipsed :For sake of consistency I would suggest to remove the Track kit configuration and make a seperate mod with it (Cup version or something like that),where it can have realistic aerodynamics values and settings like adjustable wings,where also addition of slick would make sense.

Yeah I have been fighting myself over this. I want to keep the body kit purely for cosmetics/car shows but it's also true that the body kit doesn't change my already calculated downforce for the stock versions. I'll have to think about this because I do agree to some degree.

ADDA R-EIGHT V10
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG