The online racing simulator
Škoda Fabia I
(22 posts, started )
Škoda Fabia I
So I've decided to take up another modelling challenge in the LFS editor... After the Velorex, I thought it would be nice to have my own car in LFS.

It's nothing but a classic small Czech car from the early 2000's - the first generation of Škoda Fabia. It has a weak 1.2 litre 3-cylinder engine in a car weighing just over a ton.

I've got some of the specs in the editor already and have started modelling using a blueprint. It will be nice to use my own photos for reference too. Wish me luck Big grin
Attached images
fabia front.jpg
fabia rear.jpg
lfs_00000163.jpg
lfs_00000164.jpg
lfs_00000165.jpg
My sister has a Škoda Fabia with the 1.2l engine you mentioned, its awfully slow but not too bad as a city car. Hope we can see the VRS edition in the game too.
Once the base mod is ready, I can surely consider creating more powerful variants. Even a rally version would be cool! But that’s some far future stuff Big grin
If you want you can try this : https://alicevision.org/ (free)

Take 250 pictures of your car (not in sunny day) and the program make a 3d version (.obj). Maybe it can help you if you use blender for 3d Wink
I could try that!

I wonder if I'd be able to get any decent results without having to cover my car in powder or flour Big grin I could try with just taking pictures using a polarizing filter to reduce reflections, although I'm quite skeptical about that since the paint is quite dark and shiny.
LFS: Most intense racing simulator! Drive NPC Cars like.. Skoda Fabia and Opel Astra G and more.
They can quickly turn into fearsome cars with the right modifications 😅
Attached images
B6DC5ED8-1513-4397-B8F5-7EDBE65A875A.jpeg
Today's small progress on the hood

Attached images
lfs_00000172.jpg
Quote from superlame :LFS: Most intense racing simulator! Drive NPC Cars like.. Skoda Fabia and Opel Astra G and more.

Like in Gran Turismo Tongue
I have always liked that design. It is distinct and simple. Looking forward to it Smile

Quote from superlame :LFS: Most intense racing simulator! Drive NPC Cars like.. Skoda Fabia and Opel Astra G and more.

Who would resist the opportunity to race one's own daily car in a safe way and without additional service costs Wink
Progress
Attached images
lfs_00000182.jpg
lfs_00000183.jpg
lfs_00001424.jpg
Nice progress. Smile
Today's progress... started modelling the front fender and front door.

I'm not happy with the fender topology yet, it still needs some polishing so it doesn't look kind of crumpled at some places.
Attached images
lfs_00000196.jpg
lfs_00000197.jpg
#14 - twit
abandoned?
No, just lack of free time lately. I do want to finish it at some point Smile
#16 - twit
Quote from Flame CZE :No, just lack of free time lately. I do want to finish it at some point Smile

goodluck
I've decided to start modelling from scratch. This time I will start low-poly and focus more on proper topology and add details later.

So far I've got the rough shape done. I think I will use it as LOD2 when I’m happy with the shape.
Attached images
lfs_00000390.jpg
lfs_00000391.jpg
lfs_00000385.jpg
lfs_00000387.jpg
lfs_00000388.jpg
lfs_00000389.jpg
Awesome, keep going, we need more škoda cars, like new Octavia for example Smile
Looking nice.
Quote from Flame CZE :This time I will start low-poly and focus more on proper topology and add details later.

I think I will try the same method for my next 3D model. Smile
Cant wait mate. My parrents had a Fabia 1.9 SDI. Later on I was driving it. Still alive today with ovet 800k KM on the tacho. Amazing car and I cant wait to drive it in LfS
i have an good model already of that car model Big grin
It will be enjoyable with a realistic diesel engine.

Škoda Fabia I
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG