The online racing simulator
Sliders to skew a group of points in 2D view

Thanks.
Attached images
skew_function.jpg
Idk if this belongs to modeller, but maybe the possibility to map l_head, etc on steering wheels?
Hello, i would like to have a thing, like JOIN to SUBOBJECT, or like merge to specific subobject. Smile
full screen cutout preview? i'm almost kissing the screen trying to place skin cutouts. the bigger size is not even half the screen and you don't need the other half's information Tongue

Attached images
imagen_2023-07-27_122820195.png
#80 - HX7
Quote from Egor K :Indirectly related to mods suggestion for future improvementThumbs up It would be great to move and rotate view in LFS Editor by means of 3Dconnection SpaceMouse, which is already recognized by LFS and displays correct device axes position.
Spoiler - click to reveal

SpaceMouse support would be great!
(apologize for my off topicTongue)
LOD2 to be seperate from LOD1
when selecting some tris in LOD1 and adding them to LOD2 via "add to lod2" buton.
It makes a duplicate of these tris into lod2.. But the issue is when editing the tris in lod2, the edit effects the tris in LOD1 aswell.
Making it pointless to use that feature.
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :LOD2 to be seperate from LOD1

Better to keep the LOD1, LOD2 and LOD3 on different layers
I use this when I need something from LOD1 for LOD2:
Select the tris on LOD1 > Duplicate > Select connected triangles > Move them to empty layer > Select only this layer > Select all tris > Add to LOD2 > Go back to LOD1 > Select tris > Delete tris from LOD1
-
(Egor K) DELETED by Egor K : all my camera suggestions now in post2078264
Quote from ivo_drifta :Better to keep the LOD1, LOD2 and LOD3 on different layers
I use this when I need something from LOD1 for LOD2:
Select the tris on LOD1 > Duplicate > Select connected triangles > Move them to empty layer > Select only this layer > Select all tris > Add to LOD2 > Go back to LOD1 > Select tris > Delete tris from LOD1

Yep i did the duplicate method before but sometimes it gets you outta tris limit then u can't progress Smile
New sub-object type
Suggest a new sub-object that rotates with the nearest wheel but doesn't move with the suspension - explained further here.
I don't know if already enable but maybe cuting a edge? Or slice tris (or a pizza's part ^^)
In build mode, with two points selected, there is a function to divide an edge.

Select two points and you see a half way point you can click to divide the edge.

After that you may often want to rotate some triangles. Select a triangle and SHIFT+click the adjacent triangle.
I see that some people are making mods from scratch in LFS Editor, which is really great. I would suggest adding an "export obj" option at some point in the LFS Editor, so these exact people could monetize their own low-poly work somewhere. I know that's not the idea, but that might be useful for them since they spend hours using this editor. It might also bring more content makers and it doesn't sound like a bad advertisement if they type in a 3rd party website description, that their work was made entirely in LFS.net Editor.

However when I think about it more, this means that other people can steal their work and upload it somewhere, so this should be rethought.

I will post this suggestion overall because it's something to think about in the future, but maybe it should be more advanced like mods being locked somehow. I don't see a big difference between: them making objects in Blender or in LFS Editor and monetizing their work and time from that.
Quote from r3zp3k7 :I see that some people are making mods from scratch in LFS Editor, which is really great. I would suggest adding an "export obj" option at some point in the LFS Editor, so these exact people could monetize their own low-poly work somewhere. I know that's not the idea, but that might be useful for them since they spend hours using this editor. It might also bring more content makers and it doesn't sound like a bad advertisement if they type in a 3rd party website description, that their work was made entirely in LFS.net Editor.

However when I think about it more, this means that other people can steal their work and upload it somewhere, so this should be rethought.

I will post this suggestion overall because it's something to think about in the future, but maybe it should be more advanced like mods being locked somehow. I don't see a big difference between: them making objects in Blender or in LFS Editor and monetizing their work and time from that.

I mean we had exporters from the LFS formats before. Somoene hellbent on ripping mods will be able to use those tools to do so.
Is it possible to allow us use lights mappings more than once, specially in cases of them being in different subobjects, if yes it would be helpful alot.
Currently, for example having 2 mappings of l_head will disable the function of both
In tri mode, when I try to select a triangle that is in a different subobject, it would be more helpful to show the custom name of the subobject instead of its type. For instance here it could say "triangle belongs to a subobject (dashboard)" because that's how I named it.

Attached images
lfs_00000415.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :In tri mode, when I try to select a triangle that is in a different subobject, it would be more helpful to show the custom name of the subobject instead of its type. For instance here it could say "triangle belongs to a subobject (dashboard)" because that's how I named it.

Yes indeed, there's also some key which i accidentally sometimes hit and it switches me to that tris subobject, i still don't know what are the keys on the keyboard to fast switch from tris tab
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :Is it possible to allow us use lights mappings more than once, specially in cases of them being in different subobjects, if yes it would be helpful alot.
Currently, for example having 2 mappings of l_head will disable the function of both

I'm just linking you to my post on this subject in the Vehicle Editor suggestions thread.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2066997#post2066997

I might not really need feedback yet, but I will be looking into how it works or can be improved.
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :Yes indeed, there's also some key which i accidentally sometimes hit and it switches me to that tris subobject, i still don't know what are the keys on the keyboard to fast switch from tris tab

It is possible to do that in "sub" mode by pressing Ctrl + left mouse button (I think), but not in "tri" mode.
I sometimes want to select a whole separate part that is not actually a subobject (though it might be a temporarily merged subobject).

Sometimes I select a few triangles then keep pressing S to select the whole thing. Would it be good to have a flood select by a single click to select the whole object?

I hope everyone knows about the CTRL+SHIFT+click flood select, but that one only goes as far as the boundary of the similar surfaces, depending on which view mode you are in (group / mapping, etc).

I would like one that selects all connected triangles in one go. I have written down here ALT+RMB (click on triangle) as a possible way to do this. Would that be suitable or is there any clash or a better choice available, or something used in other known software?
Another thing I was wondering about was a way to show the axes (x, y, z) of a rotated subobject. These new rotating objects can rotate around (or slide along) their own axis, but you can't see where those axes are.

Problem is with the subobject selected there are already some drag axes (that are not rotated) so I don't know how to avoid getting confused between all the axes there. It can only be a simple solution at this point.
Quote from Scawen :I sometimes want to select a whole separate part that is not actually a subobject (though it might be a temporarily merged subobject).

Sometimes I select a few triangles then keep pressing S to select the whole thing. Would it be good to have a flood select by a single click to select the whole object?

I hope everyone knows about the CTRL+SHIFT+click flood select, but that one only goes as far as the boundary of the similar surfaces, depending on which view mode you are in (group / mapping, etc).

I would like one that selects all connected triangles in one go. I have written down here ALT+RMB (click on triangle) as a possible way to do this. Would that be suitable or is there any clash or a better choice available, or something used in other known software?

Yes, please! I'd use this quite often.

I also sometimes want to select a part of an object with the same mapping, regardless of the smoothing groups used. In the mappings mode, it seems to be working only sometimes and I don't know why.

Let's say I want to select this piece which is part of the main object but is separated. You can see that it has one mapping but two different smoothing groups. When I flood select using CTRL+SHIFT+click in "mappings" mode, I'd expect it to select the whole thing, but it respects the smoothing groups so only part of it gets selected.

Similar situation with a clock object which is a subobject - there flood selecting will select all triangles of the same mapping, even though they belong to different groups.
Attached images
lfs_00000468.jpg
lfs_00000469.jpg
lfs_00000470.jpg
lfs_00000471.jpg
lfs_00000472.jpg
lfs_00000473.jpg
lfs_00000474.jpg
In Karobus 6, I can't see that object that shows the selection issues. Maybe you could cut out that small section and upload an sre so I can test the selection in the debugger? First thing I would check is if the points are fused and that edges are shared but I guess you've covered that. The next stage would be to discard as many triangles as possible, leaving only the bare minimum to show the issue, then I can step through in the debugger.
I just noticed that the top points were not fused Face -> palm. After I've merged them, it works well now. Sorry for a false report Shy

One thing that came up my mind regarding non-fused overlapping points - the only way to detect such points now is to drag a selection rectangle around these two points and check if 2 or more points are selected, or to move one of the points around. Could there be a visual hint that there multiple points at the exact same coordinates? Those points could be shown e.g. as orange blobs instead of white, perhaps with a function to automatically select all points with the same coordinates.
Quote from Scawen :Another thing I was wondering about was a way to show the axes (x, y, z) of a rotated subobject. These new rotating objects can rotate around (or slide along) their own axis, but you can't see where those axes are.

Problem is with the subobject selected there are already some drag axes (that are not rotated) so I don't know how to avoid getting confused between all the axes there. It can only be a simple solution at this point.

A 3d or a 2d (depending on view) axis map shown on top part of screen maybe, like the one in blender.
Attached images
0_51x5BFsczkEZD3_V.png

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG