The online racing simulator
Proper Open Roof config without "OPEN ROOF" name
So far, the way to have open roof with proper interior sound (like with windows open) is to name the config "OPEN ROOF" (capital doesn't seem matter). Would be nice in the editor to have something like a toggle next to config name to switch between "Open" & "Closed" sounds.

Or is there any other way to have proper open roof sound?
I would like to suggest having multiple rotator/slider/spinner values on one object depending on the use. (for ex. indicators for left and right, headlights - fog, low, high etc.)

This would add more variety for interior switches but could be used for other things as well.
Also an option to connect multiple rotating objects

Example:

On a side note more options for object type that use in-game axis (for ex. steering wheel) could also be done for gas pedal, brake pedal, handbrake but this could take quite a while to implement since driver animations would need to be adjusted accordingly.
Attached images
SignalSwitchGif.gif
LeftAndRight.jpg
A colourable shift light, or at least white as an option/replacement (can color it in tris mode later). Currently it's red and well my bikes use white shift light so can't turn red into white.
This is not a high priority. But it would be cool if you could adjust the seats, and that driver seat adjusting would depend on the view settings. (That is, add a slider to the seats output) Just as thoughts, maybe this is for the future.
The ability to turn off the km/h part of the digital speedo
and the ability to use non skewed numbers (so flipping driver side is more visually consistent)
Attached images
LFS_EDITOR_L9042KGSHz.png
led temp, fuel, turbo etc. It can be work like led rev Shy
D51 upgrade (manually set rear seat width) allowed URC1 passengers to be seated, thanks!

But they sit with slightly shifted feet (example here, here, here and here), so please add feature to mirror passenger animation.
Attached images
pass-legs.gif
yKKFpP05PI4-00-40.png
W0n6RSg64UE-07-38.png
GclMTYzHE-09-52.jpg
GclMTYzHE-20-26.jpg
Quote from dornardo :(This was suggested before but I wanted to include a bit more detail about the topic)

Could a new turbo lag slider option for engine editor be added to make high-boost turbo cars behave more realistic?

I think this option is missing in the current editor. The turbo inertia multiplier does help the turbo spool up slowly at first but makes it stay spooled after letting of throttle making the lag almost non existent after first spool up.

Here I did a test with the original XR GTR and the one in the editor. The original XRR spools up the turbo really slowly and after letting off the throttle and getting back on it the turbo still spools slow.
The editor XRR spools up the turbo really fast all the time without any of the engine settings being changed making it unrealistic.

Original XR GTR

Editor XR GTR

Here is a engine I made with 2.0 Bar pressure and 2.0 turbo inertia using hex editor since the max value is 0.6. It does spool up slowly at first but the lag decreases afterwards.

This ^^ some trucks I drive take 3 full seconds to spool, and same with a tuned car on the freeway in top gear you could hold the gas down for 25 seconds and never get more than 3psi if you’re below a certain rpm.
About the turbo lag, I know it's been a long time but finally I've had a look and I confirm there was an oversight in the code when converting from an older system to the newer system.

The error affects both the moment of inertia (reduces the inertia) and the rpm at which max boost may be achieved (reduces the rpm for max boost).

I can't change much at this time while keeping an incompatible version. I'm sure the turbo simulation should be improved at some point though it's not the highest priority any time before the new physics and graphics version.

There is one thing I can change in the editor that works in a compatible version. That is the maximum value for "Turbo MOI Multiplier". I could put that up to 2 if it would help? Then at least you can have slower spooling turbos even if they still have other issues.
Can you please make the fuel and water temp gauges reversable? some cars have them in the opposite side and if you currently turn them via radius and start point the gauges read upside down.

thanks.
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the caster, while moving the front wheel forward and backwards doesn't seem to change the wheel base readout. I was scratching my head over this before realizing what was going on. Maybe it would be a good idea to measure the wheel base from wheel center to wheel center, instead of where the steering axis line intersects the ground.
Quote from Scawen :About the turbo lag, I know it's been a long time but finally I've had a look and I confirm there was an oversight in the code when converting from an older system to the newer system.

The error affects both the moment of inertia (reduces the inertia) and the rpm at which max boost may be achieved (reduces the rpm for max boost).

I can't change much at this time while keeping an incompatible version. I'm sure the turbo simulation should be improved at some point though it's not the highest priority any time before the new physics and graphics version.

There is one thing I can change in the editor that works in a compatible version. That is the maximum value for "Turbo MOI Multiplier". I could put that up to 2 if it would help? Then at least you can have slower spooling turbos even if they still have other issues.

I think it’s a good compromise and will be very helpful!
I'm trying to make a trike mod, but i've realized that front tire is not a bike tire as it should be. I suppose a bike tire would handle differently than a current car tire because now it loses grip when tilted on it's side.
Quote from pärtan :I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the caster, while moving the front wheel forward and backwards doesn't seem to change the wheel base readout. I was scratching my head over this before realizing what was going on. Maybe it would be a good idea to measure the wheel base from wheel center to wheel center, instead of where the steering axis line intersects the ground.

Trailing arm pickup points also don’t affect the wheelbase despite there being some sort of hysteresis and some invisible relationship, causing an apparent wheelbase change but no readout change.

I’m also still very confused about the shocks. It doesn’t seem like it changes anything and the setups seem to only be wheel rate.
Here's why adding 2 more color slots is a big deal
If your mod is using 2-tone exterior and 2-tone interior due to styling choices, you lose ability to color brake calipers and roll cage because there are only 4 color slots allowed for the car.

For this reason I think it is reasonable to ask for 2 more color slots to be added.
Attached images
2MORESLOTS.jpg
SLOTS_SLIDER.jpg
I am no expert here but I think you can put a roll cage color with some pixel from the skin.
Quote from loopingz :I am no expert here but I think you can put a roll cage color with some pixel from the skin.

That cannot beat having additional 2 slots for several reasons:

1. Your suggestion is the opposite of convenient UX and UI
2. Incapable of changing colors without leaving the game
3. New users won't be able to customize colors without labor

Such inconvenient solutions were the core reason why I decided to ask for help.
A minor new suggestion.

- Rename "TEST mod in LFS" to "EXPORT mod to LFS"
- Add new button "Drive mod in LFS"
I have uploaded an example screenshot.

The idea is that you jump directly behind the wheel/object and test your mod. Currently, you have to have LFS opened, refresh the list, and search for the exact mod you are working on.
Attached images
TestDriveModLFS.png
Quote from r3zp3k7 :A minor new suggestion.

- Rename "TEST mod in LFS" to "EXPORT mod to LFS"
- Add new button "Drive mod in LFS"
I have uploaded an example screenshot.

The idea is that you jump directly behind the wheel/object and test your mod. Currently, you have to have LFS opened, refresh the list, and search for the exact mod you are working on.

Maybe quick launch settings, with default track, track settings and layout settings would be great
The new rotation object can be triggered with extra light. It would be nice if we had an extra light for it in the clocks.

This way we could map an indicator inside the interior and know if we're using extra light or not.

Example icons we could use:
https://www.123rf.com/photo_94394832_vector-illustration-set-car-dashboard-icons-elements-doors-open-in-car-dashboard-convertible-top.html
Side note: I didn't paste the image directly, because I'm not sure about copyrights in this case.

Icon 1. Doors opened.
Icon 2. Falling roof
Icon 3. Moving rear spoiler
Icon 4. Opened front hood
Since we have animations activated by buttons and incoming animations activated by throttle, brake, cluth input. What about animations activated by vehicle speed?
Quote from versiu :Since we have animations activated by buttons and incoming animations activated...

Active rear spoiler?
Quote from dert296 :Active rear spoiler?

Some cars have more than just active rear spoiler - Japanese 80s and 90s sports cars.

but now I realised that some cars have more advanced aerodynamics (Pagani Huayra, Zenvo TSR-S) and since LFS measures G-force... u know Wink
Quote from versiu :Some cars have more than just active rear spoiler - Japanese 80s and 90s sports...

also Mercedes-AMG ONE pops into mind Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG