The online racing simulator
#1 - KD14
Tyres Temperature Lock Like We Used to Have
Since the mods update came out we cannot use tweakers to lock the tyres temperature for drifting anymore.
This means that for me and my friends at least, drifting in LFS is pretty much dead.

How about implementing such feature, until the new physics model will be out? as a temporary solution.

I thought about making it as the following or either of those features:
-A server allowed\disallowed
-New type of drifting tyres
-On\Off button on the setup page, like we have for the TC and ABS

I know such feature might come as an insult for the sim, or confusing for a very small amount of the users (I think making it as a new tyre type can make it look better and understandable) but i dont think its a big deal compared to the options and variety this adds to the sim, especially with the new mods update, which to me feels like it sort of shoot itself in the leg, since i mainly used LFS for drifting and testing out interesting vehicles and setups.

A small regard from one of the team members will be much appreciated, even if its just a simple "No".

[EDIT]
So i figured that the dedicated server is not available anymore, so we cannot allow cheats.
Adding the option to allow cheats can also be a workaround for the tyres temperature problem.
#2 - R-to
Yeah, this feature is very important for us too because our SLADI Masters eMotorsport drifting series starts november and now we have real hard time because the tyre physics are not right for drifting.

If it is possible just add templock in to the game or new drifting tyres what wont allow to do lap times. Tyre temperature lock in the game would be really nice and we can wait the new tyre physics longer to come without complaining.
Since the devs seems not to care about the heat physics from the dawn of lfs drifting, at the very least they could give us the option to lock the temp. I dont see this any different from the enabling of mod support with the latest update.

I hope devs can proove me wrong and show us they care about the drifting community even if its the "wrong" way to do it.

Or even better release the other tyre model we keep hearing about for many years.
Make better tweaker
#5 - KD14
Quote from Viperakecske :Make better tweaker

Can you elaborate?
As far as i understand the problem is that multimod dedicated server is not supported anymore or something like that.
You lock tyre temp irl too?
#7 - KD14
Quote from Viperakecske :You lock tyre temp irl too?

Yes

So i figured that the dedicated server is not available anymore, so we cannot allow cheats.
Adding the option to allow cheats can also be a workaround for the tyres temperature problem.
#8 - gu3st
Quote from Viperakecske :You lock tyre temp irl too?

LFS has some issues with tyre temp modelling. You can see it with the Stock Car where tyres get uselessly hot in a very short amount of time.
Quote from gu3st :LFS has some issues with tyre temp modelling. You can see it with the Stock Car where tyres get uselessly hot in a very short amount of time.

Please dont talk about it public,it will delay big update Shrug
Quote from Viperakecske :Please dont talk about it public,it will delay big update Shrug

After this long what's another 3 months?
Quote from gu3st :You can see it with the Stock Car where tyres get uselessly hot in a very short amount of time.

in real life it happend also even more faster, after 2 sec burnout on dry asfalt tire can heat up to almost 200degress, but difference is tires arent poping without reason and they just holdigng that temp, they pop more becouse of threat wear not becouse of temperature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ1NK02CL6g someone even did burnout with thermal camera so, everyone can look how it works in real world, becouse in lfs its not working in any way
https://tinyurl.com/TempLock7D - thx to draggo

There you go, have fun. I can understand why you guys want to lock the tyre temps, but i do also hope it will never become implemented in the game apart from modded in like this.

Tyres Temperature Lock Like We Used to Have
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG