The online racing simulator
Round 3 - Post-race discussion
Finaly a track where I had good pace, but off my races where ruined.

The first one M.Huotari decides to take me off in the chicane after the long straight and at the last lap I ran out of fuel.

The feature race then was I nice race till D.Watkins decides to make T1 without braking en hitting me ful in my right side, suspension complety damaged tires start cooking very soon, so race over. Thx alot.
I am really sorry about that, I went into T1 too fast and was sideways, I had no where to go, and no way to avoid the contact, so I am REALLY sorry

Other than that, I had 2 shockers.......
I'm going to ditch the FZ5 - for me it's totally useless. Maybe I'm totally useless. Either way, I've scored no points from 6 races so a change of car might actually help slightly.
Quote from danowat :I am really sorry about that, I went into T1 too fast and was sideways, I had no where to go, and no way to avoid the contact, so I am REALLY sorry

Other than that, I had 2 shockers.......

Maybe you can train some laps so you know where to brake en don't have to mess up others race
I'd like to apologise to jouman. On one lap there, we had a coming together on the back straight. From my POV, karolis had just passed, i then turned in to catch his slipstream and keep on the road,i lost control a bit and unfortunately you were right there. Sorry again.

Both my races were enjoyable, quali was even better smashing my time by nearly .7 to take pole. Race 2 was a bit of a nightmare, I had a false start from 6th on the grid which consequently left me ~10secs behind the field when i left the pitlane. Was fun catching up and passing a few cars.

Roll on round 4
Well sorry to say that I am going to have to withdraw from the championship due to the constant verbal bullying (from some) participants .

I cant concentrate after these comments are made, so cannot race competitively so there is really no point in me continuing as I am not enjoying my racing any more.

All I would say (to those in the know) is: It's none of your ****** business so I would appreciate if you grow the **** up & keep your smart ass comments to yourself!

How are you even privy to such personal information?
Certainly not my best event this season. I made 2 Hamilton like errors (:razz today:

1. Joining the server after qualifying started put me at the back of the grid for race 1.
2. Mistaking race 2 for having 22 laps rather than 33, and therefore having to pit for fuel in the race.

Both these mistakes I should be shot for TBH. Anyway, during race 2 I also had an incident with my teamate where I drafted him down the backstraight and tried to outbrake him into the chicane. The move was much more risky than I thought it would be and even though contact was minimal, lag sent me off hard into the wall, ending any chances of a podium finish.

P.S. I think I was at fault for the contact with P1lot, there were cars everywhere and I made a last minute decision to pit since I had to add more fuel. Unfortunately I thought I was clear of P1lot when I tried to move off to the right towards the pits. Sorry for that.
Quote from anttt69 :Well sorry to say that I am going to have to withdraw from the championship due to the constant verbal bullying (from some) participants .

I cant concentrate after these comments are made, so cannot race competitively so there is really no point in me continuing as I am not enjoying my racing any more.

All I would say (to those in the know) is: It's none of your ****** business so I would appreciate if you grow the **** up & keep your smart ass comments to yourself!

Am I missing something?

Quote :Maybe you can train some laps so you know where to brake en don't have to mess up others race

I am thinking about not racing due to my lack of time to commit to practice.
@niall09: Yup checked the replay on that, could have been that Karolis moved too early after passing you and resulting in us both been taken out. Atleast it seemed that way in my replay.

Well what to say from the races.

Quali:
Decided to start later to avoid most of the traffic and wasn't going to carry that much fuel. Was a bit of a bother that admins thought i had come late to the server and i had to stop for a while from semi deasent lap. Well no biggie got a good lap just before the time run out, but run out of fuel just 5m before the finishline so lost some hundreds there.

Sprint:
Like every round so far very good race. Got past Moose in the start. Then slipped to the sand slightly on some lap and he passed me. Managed to catch up again and passed on the backstraight. Good fight. Near the end started to gain on nial but just not enough laps.

Feature:
Really good start like before. On lap 6 had allready gone up to 9th. Was just ahead of Moose who later won the race . Then when trying to pass danowat, braked just a tad too late and missed my line so he hit me in the rear and we both went wide. Dropped to 17th there. Then when behind Karolis & Nial battling in the backstraight weird crash there. Well after recovering from that managed to continue quite nicely. Only minor damage to the back right, affected slightly the corner exits. In the end 7th deasent result after those crashes.

Not so bad after taste then last time. Still hoping for a spin free race so better luck next time.
Quote from anttt69 :Well sorry to say that I am going to have to withdraw from the championship due to the constant verbal bullying (from some) participants .

What exactly are you speaking of? I didn't see any verbal bullying in race 1, and then you disconnected. I can't see anything bad directed at you in the forums, and I thought that pretty much all the racers in this series were better than "bullies".

Is this coming from PMs or while you're practicing, or what? Maybe something can be done about it or a solution brought to that allows you to continue racing?
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Morning ladies,

From the spectator's point of view the race was quite fair but very tough, compared to the last ones. But tbh I expected more contact. Some of you made themselves wider than the track is, there were great fights, plenty of paint was exchanged and almost everyone made it to the finish line in the end.
Sure, people start racing harder once they are desperately trying to get championship points and some actions may have been avoidable, but overall it was good racing, as expected.

greetz

der goingbacktobedbutz
Quote from speedway :looks like mr. gfresh was pretty decent, not bad, but im sure he could have done better

Lol, tbh though i was a little dissaponted that i let Mr. Whitehead through so easily. When i saw that he was making light work of the field behind me, i'd planned on putting up at least a little bit of a fight but no, i got a little wide on a corner, and that was all he needed.
Happy with 3rd though
Quote from GFresh :Lol, tbh though i was a little dissaponted that i let Mr. Whitehead through so easily.

Hey, less of the 'Mr Whitehead' please, it sounds so formal. Lets stick to Moose ehh?

Wow, what a race. That was the most satisfying win I've had in LFS. Before yesterday my experience of the RAC was about 10 miles in patch V.

I was hearing such good things about this league that i had to join up and i chose the RAC because i felt it would be a good challenge. After about 50 practice laps yestrday i felt pretty comfortable with it and was really enjoying it, it certainly has an undeserved bad reputation.
The RAC is right up there with the LX6 as the best car in the sim

I didn't expect too much starting from the back of the grid,especially when surrounded by drivers i have the upmost respect for. There's some damn good competition in this league!
I just tried to stay out of trouble and see what was possible. My main worry was my tires, having never done anything more than a 15 min stint i wasn't sure how they would hold up.
Slowly but surely i made my way through the pack, trying to make sure i was with Dave,Troy and Jouman. Both Dave and Jouman had incidents that enabled me to get past without much hassle, but i was aware that Troy was always right there, and having raced with him a lot recently i knew what a threat he was
Luckily i seemed to be able to get past the cars in front a bit easier than Troy at times and managed to keep a nice gap.

I got to the point in the race when i realised i could win it and i got a bit nervous Spankmeyer was next up for me to pass and he sure knows how to make his boat as wide as possible I was aware of Troy closing up on me again and was desperate to get past Spanky, but it was far from easy He put up a great defence and i really had to work hard to pass him, it was a good, hard, clean fight. most enjoyable!

Mr Fresh wasn't as hard to pass luckily, but once i was past him and into first i found it hard to focus for a while. its always harder when you have no one to chase (for me anyway) That was the longest 8-9 laps of my life, knowing Troy was going to be pushing hard to catch me. I was aware of him in my mirror all the time. Luckily the gap was big enough that i didn't have to drive right on the edge. My tires were in excellent condition and i managed to put in steady laps until the end to bring it home for my most satisfying win in my LFS league career.

Great cars, great league, great drivers. Cant wait for more

Sorry for the essay
Nice write up Moose, well done on the win.
Posted my report on my team website here
I've sinced looked at the replay posted above and compared to my own. Both show Niall09 clipping me which caused my crashing out, so it can't have been lag from my end.
Hey my car is in the pic , i thought i dident do anything when u crashed .
Hi. Then will the points be counted? Thx
Soon, I am super busy ATM, just found out I am likely to be made redundent in Januray, so inbetween working, I am looking for jobs too.

They will be up ASAP.
I seem to have mislayed the feature race replay, can someone make it available please?
Post #11 mate
sigh......my poor, poor brain..........

Thanks Moose
Sorry for my outburst above . I was having a bad week & ended up venting at the wrong people.

However I think i just have to much going on around me the race competitively at the moment (including some incredibly rude & annoying house guests that seem to invite themselves around constantly ). I'm gona stick to the odd pick up race until things quieten down a bit round here.

Enjoy your racing, have a good Christmas & i'll see ya'll next RSWC .

p.s. - anyone got any tips for dealing with a load of gobby teens/twenty somethings?
Quote from anttt69 :p.s. - anyone got any tips for dealing with a load of gobby teens/twenty somethings?

Rape, always does the trick for me
Quote from anttt69 :Sorry for my outburst above . I was having a bad week & ended up venting at the wrong people.

However I think i just have to much going on around me the race competitively at the moment (including some incredibly rude & annoying house guests that seem to invite themselves around constantly ). I'm gona stick to the odd pick up race until things quieten down a bit round here.

Enjoy your racing, have a good Christmas & i'll see ya'll next RSWC .

p.s. - anyone got any tips for dealing with a load of gobby teens/twenty somethings?

No worries ant, hope to see you back soon.

As for the gobby teens, a swift kick in the balls normally does the trick

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG