The online racing simulator
*How To* Making a report
first of all: THIS (the official lfs-forum) is not the right place to make a ctra-x report!

any topics of this kind will suddenly be closed by a ctra-moderator!

but because it seems some people still don´t know how to raise a report correctly, just follow these easy 4 steps:

1) visit the ctra-website and go to help (<-- or use the link)

2) Find the part A Reporting Guide in PDF forma ... ilable for download here. (<-- or use the link)

3) READ the pdf and catch on to it.

4) enter lfs and raise your $report correctly (or it will be dismissed).
Amen To That Brother!!!!!!!
If your quick enough and learn how to do it well you don't even miss a race. Just save it and go edit the report later at CTRA website.
NO PROBLEM
#3 - T!m0
sorry for the dumb question, but how do i get the licence name of a driver from a replay?
Hold Ctrl-Shift, the playernames will become LFS usernames before your eyes
#5 - T!m0
thx
i have tried to file a report but it says to complete i must go to the www.raceauthority.com and submit it there. it is not showing up in there to click the submit button. any ideas? in the meantime, the person i was trying to file a report against has filed one on me saying i tried to revenge wreck him, lmao. i hope you guys ban for blatant false reports.
A stupid question but: Did you log into the MyCTRA?

Under your Personal details should be found MyCTRAreports.
Click the [Stored] button, that should give you a list of reports that need submitting.
i´ve no idea what you could have done wrong...

only chance i see is, to post a screenshot from the inside-lfs-report
and one from myctra.... so we can see what´s maybe missing
#9 - Joris
I seem to be unable to submit a report see picture
Attached images
not submitted.jpg
#10 - SamH
Quote from Joris :I seem to be unable to submit a report see picture

Check the details of your report. Either the licence name you're reporting doesn't exist in the CTRA system or you haven't specified a lap (or multiple laps, if relevent). You can now only submit reports when the details in your report are correct.
Sorted! Wasn't the licence name.
Replays
After the race I downloaded the track to view, I now want to raise a report but when I log on to MyCTRA the race is not in the drop down box. It seems as if there are only races in the list for the last 2 days.

So can I raise a report on a race that is about 4 days old and if so, how do I select the correct race for the drop down box in the report?

Thanks.

edit: another question.

The downloaded track has a name, like (Race1_FE1_03_May_2008_1831.mpr) while the races in the drop down box have a time. I have no idea what time the race was so how would I know which race to choose in the drop down box as I only have the above track info?
Quote from Sig_ZA :The downloaded track has a name, like (Race1_FE1_03_May_2008_1831.mpr) while the races in the drop down box have a time. I have no idea what time the race was so how would I know which race to choose in the drop down box as I only have the above track info?

Every CTRA race is "timestamped" (You can see the starting time on the start of the replay). This is a starting time, not the finishing time, however.
In LFS, press and hold ctrl+shift to turn the FPS display into a clock. That clock displays the exact times of the events in the replay - not the current real world time.
Quote from felplacerad :In LFS, press and hold ctrl+shift to turn the FPS display into a clock. That clock displays the exact times of the events in the replay - not the current real world time.

Thanks. Got it now.
Any ideas how I compile a report when the race is not listed in the drop down box?
#16 - SamH
Pick any replay from the list, but include the name of the replay you DO want to report in your report text. We will fix it before processing.

If someone hasn't raised a report within 48hrs, they usually won't go back later to do so. In future, please try to make sure you raise any reports within the 2 day timeframe. That said, if it's needed after that, we can still find a workaround
Quote from SamH :Pick any replay from the list, but include the name of the replay you DO want to report in your report text. We will fix it before processing.

If someone hasn't raised a report within 48hrs, they usually won't go back later to do so. In future, please try to make sure you raise any reports within the 2 day timeframe. That said, if it's needed after that, we can still find a workaround

Thanks!
How about simply adding a drop down option in the list "Replay older than 2 days. Details in report"?
I'm sorry for the dumb question, but how many days do the admins usually take to review a report and take action? I reported some drivers for reckless driving on sunday 16th, but they are still pending. This is pretty bad, because these people are still logging onto the servers and keep crashing everyone!
Quote from Disposable :I'm sorry for the dumb question, but how many days do the admins usually take to review a report and take action? I reported some drivers for reckless driving on sunday 16th, but they are still pending. This is pretty bad, because these people are still logging onto the servers and keep crashing everyone!

2 days ago? With the amount of reports these guys get i think you will have to be a little more patient than two days.

If they are deliberate wreckers then use the $admin command and if there is someone around they will usually join the server and check out the situation.
Not a patience issue here. Its just because a similar driver was reported by other person, on the very same day i submited mine, but that one was banned right away... I'm just curious, thats all.
Quote from Disposable :Not a patience issue here.

Didn't mean to sound like i was having a go in any way
I wonder if reports upon drivers who already have infractions or previous bans get processed before drivers who are being reported for the first time. That would explain his situation.

But at any rate yeah, two days is nothing. I have a report filed on Nov 2nd which is still pending.
On my CTRA the report is "pending". This means I have done all and

just wait until something will happen, yes?

*How To* Making a report
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG