The online racing simulator
Round 2 - Post-race discussion
Winge away
If only I could tame the inner drifter & do basic maths before the race I would be fine .

Completely appalled at my marshmallow roasting & running out of fuel at the most in opportune moment .
I'm really sorry about my lagging.

I really don't know what happenned. Before the qualy my conection was perfect. I'll see what's going on to fix it.

Grats to............ Pff, no need to say again.
Replays for ya guys.

Race 1

Race 2

Loved the 1st race.. was abit of a mess 2nd race :P

Bring on the next round
My races were the same as Adam's. First was great fun, second I pitted twice and timed out when the car was actually feeling okay.
Kinda the same comments as others have said. First was great fun then the second one full of contact + some lag. Well anyway gonrats to Hugo and Dave for the wins.
after racing in another league last night , this was a dream to race in , race 1 and 2 were good , well ive scored i think more points in this round than i did in my first season alltogether

even though at most points of the race it looked like this behind me

:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_ :auto:
Here's the summary.

Quali. Just didn't get a decent lap done. I think I had enough fuel for 3 or 4laps in total and in the 3 first laps I managed to totally mess the laps on first corner. As the tires heated up I had still one shot left. Wasn't pretty nor fast, I was hoping for a high 51 or very low 52 and I think my time was 1:52:45 or so. Defenately not happy with my performance, result: 6th.

Race1: Was pretty hectic at times, tires gave away so totally in the end of the race. Although I'm really happy for passing mr davews outside on to the mainstraight . Finished 7th iirc.

Race2: Messed up the start and got a drivethrough, argh. Haven't yet discovered a good excuse for that. So after lap 1 into the pits and after getting out from the other end I was almost last. At this point I was hoping for a disco or something, driving almost last with the fz, trying to catch everybody while hoping that the tires don't overheat. The race looked to be really bad, dull and hard for me at that point. Decided to drive carefullly and tidy to make sure the tires last and in the process managed to catch few groups and managed to pass them at early opportunities. Until I ended up behind mr funke. Damn, he drove like a proper race driver and gave me no room. Tried to pass him outide in T1 and he disagreed. Shed a few tears there -so beautiful move destroyed. Enjoyed thoroughly the experience of setting him up for a pass. Too bad the faster people behind me were catching up so I had to go.

Hard battling for positions until just 4 or 5 laps before the finish when I noticed that there was one elitesquad car which I think I had chances to catch. Put myself into hl mode and started lapping and catched the poor guy on 2nd last lap iirc, made a pass, failed, made another and made it stick. After this I had done few slips and did one or two more which made the nuclear reaction start in the left rear tire. it was soo slippery on the last lap! Mr pettigrew tried to pass me outside on last lap on last corner but he went wide partly because I used all the road, didn't expect him to try the pass outside. Oh, and sorry for cutting you pettigrew off earlier in the race, I thougth there was more room than there was in reality. Again 7th. I need to shape up, not so happy with my performance so far in this league :/
Ok, my take on last night.

Firstly, the level of competition is probably the highest I have ever seen in this league, there are some seriously fast drivers out there, infact, I would say the average speed of all drivers is of a very high level.

Qualification was normal for me, would have liked to get higher, but the competition is so high!!!.

First race was very good, close clean racing, and very exciting.

Second race not so good, and I would like to make a few observations on this, some of my own view, and some brought up by other drivers.

I knew the feature race reversed grid would throw a spanner in the works, it was meant too, however, I will re-iterate that faster drivers not "force" their way to the front, and just be mindfull of those they are trying to pass, and try to do so without causing the passed driver too much of a problem.

I would also like to highlight the differences in the RAC and FZ5, there are big differences in how these cars take certain corners, and as a result of this, I had an incident where I tagged an RAC because of those differences, so because of this, I would just like to say, be aware of the differences in the cars, different lines, braking points.

So basically, contact in race 2 wasn't great, although it wasn't bad by any big margin, I would still like to see things tidied up for the next round.

Thanks to all drivers who raced results and standings should be updated over the weekend, see you all in a fortnight at Blackwood reverse!.
Joined the server/league 1,5 h before the start and it was my first LFS session for... dunno... 6 months or so, and the results were pretty much as one could imagine.

Both starts went smoothly as there was no fear of anyone braking with my rear bumber. In the second race I was involved in an accident* followed by a lag-explosion when I spun mid-corner and an RAC plowed through my driver's side door. Chassis was bent but suspension looked alrite so didn't feel need to pit.

Hopefully I won't be as rusty next race.

*Didn't really go for an overtake but the FZ5 in front first looked like he was giving me room and then closed the door. My fault nevertheless - apologies!
First lap of Race 1, I locked up going into the fast chicane and took the wrong side of the tyres, waited for a gap in traffic and rejioned in dead last. Thankfully due to fighting for positions, the cars ahead of me were slowed up, so I was able to catch and join in the fights. Coming up on 1 or 2 cars and trying to pass was hard enough, but on the last lap we had a pretty epic 4-way battle for whatever lowly place it was.

Race 2 was very closely bunched at the start, and with an accident ahead, I had no chance to avoid the stricken RAC of Adam which put me down the field. I spent most of the race being caught and passed by faster guys who also dropped back in this incident, but did have a few overtaking chances myself as well.

Given the raw pace of the fast guys, I was pretty happy with my final positions.
My 2nd round story
Hello

This round was a nightmare for me, Why ?!! Because I spent a lot of time practicing this track and this car during the two weeks after round one, and I got a good PB 1:53.32, which made me happy and satisfied with HL setup and then I worked on a race setup which was not bad one put me in a consistent laps time around 1:53.70 to 1:54.80 in most of laps I have done before the race.

But when it came to the official qualifying session I did very bad laps and got the last place on the grid with a bad time 1:55.xx, and did bad in the sprint race with some drivers hits me also, but I was aiming to get some points from the feature race, and I got a good start and controlled my nerves to get back to my consistency, I started from position 5 and defend my good position into first 10th places, and I was looking to finish in a place between 10 to 14, but winds comes to the bad direction when I decided before the race to make 1 pit stop to change rear tires and add fuel, It was a turning point for my good race from lap 13, and also [Elite] S.Custers hit me when I was entering the pit lane caused a driving through penalty for me, and every thing after that was bad.

Bad strategy drove me to lose my aiming points I dreamed to hunt, but I was glad that I was doing the setups for me, it was my first time , also I am glad that I am participating in this tough league which am in love with, and I will try to learn more about this tough car FZ5 which I am driving for the first time officially in a competition, and I think that in the next season I will be more experienced to become a competitive driver.

Thx and best regards
Ihab Abbas

I hit you? We were on the straight, I was 0,5m behind you and you slam on the brakes! I almost lost the car and lost a lot of time because of that (and in the end probably this meant I lost 3 places too) I didn't make a complaint about it, but saying it was me who hit you kinda pisses me off.
Quote from lococost :I hit you? We were on the straight, I was 0,5m behind you and you slam on the brakes! I almost lost the car and lost a lot of time because of that (and in the end probably this meant I lost 3 places too) I didn't make a complaint about it, but saying it was me who hit you kinda pisses me off.

Calm down my friend, I was in the straight line to enter the pit lane and you was in the wrong side trying to slipstreaming me, and hit me from back caused me to break hard to get speed under 80 but was no room for that, and the penalty came to me, I think you should not do that and you had to take my left side and the track left side.

Any way cheers
if you knew you were going to pit, why not let me through?? and a wrong side on a straight? Must be a new rule. Seriously mate, that was dangerous irresponsible driving, a simple sorry from you would be fine, but instead you keep accusing me! (if anyone is interested: end of lap 13)
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from lococost :if you knew you were going to pit, why not let me through?? and a wrong side on a straight? Must be a new rule. Seriously mate, that was dangerous irresponsible driving, a simple sorry from you would be fine, but instead you keep accusing me! (if anyone is interested: end of lap 13)

Mate I am not accusing you!! it is not my sporty spirit , but what I am talk about that I was nearing to the pit lane and do not what to do for you while you are trying to slipstreaming me !, tell me what to do if you in my position to enter the pit lane, but don't tell me to take the left side to let you pass.

Really I want another gentleman to watch the lap 13 to give us his point of view.

best regards
So the penalties are in. Nice job calling them i think. Not entirely content about those, but i'm biased as i was involved. Mainly about the first one, as i'm sure Karolis saw the chaos ahead so he could have started slowing down much earlier and not hit the throttle in mid corner. I mean the yellow came early for him and i'm sure he knew the no passing rule and he had a big gap for the cars ahead. But now that i've said that i'll admit i'm biased and was really pissed about that as i was slowing down more then i usually would.

And while i'm at it might as well say sorry to wimpie for hitting him before he spun me. The bumb there was an accident, but i made the pass eventhough i shouldn't have. Was somewhat unhappy about the earlier try where i felt i was driven to the inside grass in T1. After checking the replay there was enough room in T1.

Good to know now for the future rounds what kinda penalties are in store for these kinda incidents.
Great write up Gav, nice one

Good stuff on the SRT appearance Astra

Round 2 - Post-race discussion
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG