The online racing simulator
Round 3 preparation...
So how is everybody doing in the preparation for SO Town? I must say I'm really struggling, on a good day I can drive in the low 1.17s/high 1.16s quite consistently, but more often I'm stuck in the 17s while doing a race... Not to mention the fact I start hitting the wall here and there after a few laps.

At that pace, my tyres do last the 12 laps though...
I'm going to buck up my game this weekend - I've been driving really badly in the races so far, I'm a lot better than my results would suggest. I'm really going to concentrate this time, because SO Town is probably my strongest track. I know I just don't have the sheer speed to win against the really fast guys, but I'm experienced and consistent and I reckon I can get a top three finish. Looking forward to it.

Edit: And another thing I was thinking: for the practice instead of doing just 1 hour of hot lapping, I think it would be cooler to just do lots of 5 laps races instead. I think it would be good for people to practice racing instead of just practising lapping.
can you check your PMs pls darktimes m8
Quote from DarkTimes :And another thing I was thinking: for the practice instead of doing just 1 hour of hot lapping, I think it would be cooler to just do lots of 5 laps races instead. I think it would be good for people to practice racing instead of just practising lapping.

I like it, but I would be for 20min practice, 40min races or something.
Am doing consistent mid 1m15's (when I say consistent, I mean without the pressure of a league race), but only for 8 laps, when the tyres go off. Will work to solve that later I hope.

However, I am pretty sure I won't be able to make Mondays event. So my settup work will all be for Xero's benefit. I'll PM you nearer the time Alex to let you know my plans.
I like idea of small 5 lap races before hand. I say 30 mins practice, 30 mins racing. For the practice session use qualifying so we can all see some standings.
#7 - LawVS
I don't understand where I lose all the time, my PB is a 1.16.2 and I need to get at least a high 15 to get anywhere fast. I'm just too scared of the barriers! In any game, I've never been good on street circuits. ><
With the help of Bob and Tristan's setups, both kindly posted on the forum here somewhere, I've managed to get down to a 1:17.00 but haven't yet broken into the 16s, hopefully that will happen this afternoon.

I struggle with tyres a lot, too cold or too hot and those barriers catch me.

The 5 lap races for practice idea is a good one in my opinion. I think it will really help with racecraft, something we're all going to need a lot of to survive both rounds I fear!
I've only managed a 16.5 so far, but I know for certain I can go faster. Been tweaking my setup alot to try and get it the way I like... it's getting there!
Quote from Xero82 :I've only managed a 16.5 so far, but I know for certain I can go faster. Been tweaking my setup alot to try and get it the way I like... it's getting there!

Hey, that's exactly what I was gonna say!

I really hope to scrape a few tenths off though, or it 'll be midfield for me this time around...
Quote from bobvanvliet :At that pace, my tyres do last the 12 laps though...

Isn't the sprint race 16 laps?
yup. oops.
I shouldn't have said anything, then maybe I'd have been able to unlap myself when you ran out of fuel on lap 13
#14 - CMU
I'm nowhere near quick yet. 1m18 or so at the moment. Lots of practice in order today and tomorrow

I think ultimate pace won't be the decider for most people though, it'll be how well we can stay away from damage in the confined streets.

Oh, and if you happen to be behind me at some stage comming down the hill into the tight right-hand hairpin, be ready for me to be braking early! Can't seem to get that bit right at all at the moment.
hehe, it's gonna be quite a midfield then I guess. Haven't been able to get some good practice runs here, so this race will be tricky ... Though mid 16's to low 17's should be possible during the race
Quote :
I don't understand where I lose all the time, my PB is a 1.16.2 and I need to get at least a high 15 to get anywhere fast. I'm just too scared of the barriers! In any game, I've never been good on street circuits. ><

Yeah, same problem here... Although usually when there's time to practice with the actual field I'll get quicker. I'm hoping this one will be the same... I'll be looking for mid 1:15s.
Quote from TheJAG :hehe, it's gonna be quite a midfield then I guess. Haven't been able to get some good practice runs here, so this race will be tricky ... Though mid 16's to low 17's should be possible during the race

Hope I'll be on your tail again for a lap or two... Before brilliantly overtaking you of course

I'm gonna try to get some racing practice tomorrow on the server, 'cause clean overtaking in South City is at least as hard as getting good times...
You'll all be pleased to know what I will not be able to make the race tomorrow, so you all have one less hazard to worry about.

If it can be arranged, can the regular winners/top finishers please have an awful race so that I am not too far behind, and can at least have a crack at regaining 4th or 5th overall in the standings. Much obliged. :P

Seriously, have a great race. [subliminal]let Xero win[/subliminal] I'll see you in Fern Bay for Rounds 7 & 8 (or 4 with my numbering system).

I have PM'd Alex (DT), so he will be arranging a reserve driver from one on his list.
1:15.30 is my best but i havent pld any lfs for 1.5 weeks cause i've been on holiday so i'm not gonna be doing too well tonight i don't think :/.
Quote from bobvanvliet :http://www.lfsforum.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Hope I'll be on your tail again for a lap or two... Before brilliantly overtaking you of course http://www.lfsforum.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'm gonna try to get some racing practice tomorrow on the server, 'cause clean overtaking in South City is at least as hard as getting good times...

actually, I was getting a bit worried about my pace last night, lol. Got the setup to a point where it lasts *just*, but I'm wondering wether it's fast enough. Oh well, we'll see tonight. Gotta get some practice runs in as well, I'll practice blocking my tailfollowers (that is if there are any)
imho, it's not a matter of speed here...but sheer dumb luck :P We just have to be careful where we point the bally car and not cause an accident. Nevertheless, it should be fun
Did some last minute testing just now. I can drive reasonably consistent high 1.16s/low 1.17s and after 16 laps my tyres aren't even that hot and less then 40% worn

But I agree though, that a lot is going to depend on t1, keeping clear of the walls and keeping clear of competitors...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG