The online racing simulator
Ok, a few things I want to clear up, I'm not a complete idiot, I know what blue flags are, but some people expect you to pull over even if you are 100 metres in front of them.

In Maraz's case, I was slightly frustrated because I had rolled the car and had to make a pitstop, so I was trying hard to make up time, but your claim that I turned in on you is bs. The safest way to let someone past is on a straight. As you were so close I would have let you past after the esses, but instead you decided to lunge at me, that was your own fault.

When you did pass me, you broke earlier than I expected, maybe I should have anticiptaed it, but it wasn't a banzai move I put on you, I did it to avoid rear-ending you.

I'm sorry if I caused you any inconvinience, the race didn't go to well for me and I let myself get annoyed, but I was not ignoring blue flags.
Quote :it's simple - after ignoring blue flags three times in a row you get drive-through penalty

Yes in F1 you can overtake the leader if you were faster, now only coz they are one lap ahead you need to slow down and stay behind them? dont think so...
Quote from Neokiller :Yes in F1 you can overtake the leader if you were faster, now only coz they are one lap ahead you need to slow down and stay behind them? dont think so...

But overall he was slower than me and I was loosing time - that's a fact. If it wasn't such a long race I would have been probably more agressive. But it was big risk, especially that he was making mistakes and was prepared to fight with me. Why do you think there are blue flags? Just for fun? If you have bad race you feel better when you slow down other drivers? There should be some word in S2 season procedures about blue flags, or nobody will pay attention to them even if they are slower every lap than car trying to lap them.
I had a not so good race in div. c
-was starting on pole, but finished 7th.
Probably I made a tyre choice mistake and was driving on R2
and had to pit every 20th lap.
Also I wasnt "warmed up" for the race.
-had a lot to do yesterday and
just got home in time for the race start.

but hey... ..still fun to be part of, this endu racie thingie.

-about the blue flag issue;
If u get the blue flag u DONT have to throw urself of the track or
destroying your own race, just to let the leader pass.
-the best the blue flaged can do is keeping his raceline and just slightly
lift the gas on straights, just enough to give the leader a CHANCE to pass.
Because, its NOT the blue flaged's job to make the pass, its the
LEADERS job.

-just because ur leading, dont mean that u own the road.
Quote from Neokiller :
After seeing the replay of the race i disagree with your accusations mac, black didnt had the best behavior in some of his words here and hes sorry about that, but i believe that he was a bit mad coz of is bad race afterall he spend alot of hours for practicing and he was expecting to finish little bit higher on final resutls. It's his style to be very emotional on track and we have discussed about that and he is sorry and is doing his best now on to make sure it wont happen again.

I cant really agree with your points aswell. Being mad that your race is going bad is absolutely no reason or right to start acting bad against fellow racers. Even though he said in this thread that i pissed him off and that im the one that made everything bad for him? So now he is saying he was mad cause of his race, interesting. I am very sorry that his race went bad but that happens. The same happened to me.

Quote from Neokiller :
And about the spamming, black did say "Thanks" 3-4 times during the race mostly to the drivers who let him pass when they were lapped. It's not allowed in rules but he did not mean it as "spam".

Yeah. Its not allowed in the rules to chat. Not much to argue with that id say. And he said 3-4 times like you say. Also, i find it a bit funny that you say he said "thanks" to the guys who let him pass. When he actually mainly meant the "thanks" in a sarcastic bad way. Good example is when i had my flat and unfortunately hit him, he said it then. And im sure that wasnt a polite "thanks".

Quote from Neokiller :
I dont want to defend or accuse nobody but i´m really disappointed with some accusations to blackman and now to cyber aswell. Blackman did not block anyone intentionally. At the end of the race he was still fighting for positions and felt he was faster than belak and topi, and seems like he was. As you can see from the replay he fought with belak too and that definately did not help Belak either. More looks like he helped topi to get closer to Belak. Everyone who has the replay can judge themselves, Blackman did not help Belak or destroy Topi's victory.
He was doing his own race, he may have used some bad judgement with the blue flag rules but he made his choice. The issue has been discussed and Blackman is sorry about some of his actions and has learned from this and will face the penalty the admins want to give to him.

I have to disagree again. This was intentional blocking, maybe he didnt try to help his fellow team driver but just felt pisssed/bad as you say. And this is enough. Good example is t1 on lap 54(i think) where i got pass him and he even nudged me from the rear entering the chicane, almost taking me out. Luckily it ended good for me. But thats no way to treat a guy that's one lap ahead of you and is fighting for top spots.

Even if he was as fast or faster then Topi and Belak, he shouldve let them pass. Thats it, the two guys were fighting for the race victory and he was one lap down on them and had no right to start fighting with them. Maybe he didnt help Belak or anyone but he definately affected the race result at the top. And i know about the F1 rule, and i also know that this isnt F1, this LFS Endu. League and you have to follow the blue flag rule.

One more thing.. This is in no way an accusation to Cyber Racing from me. I just had problems with one driver, your team still has my respect and you also seem a very nice guy to come here and defend your teammate and team. Also your team driver Belak did a great race and i had a good fight with him, cheers for that. But you must understand that i also have to defend myself here. Im usually a quiet person and dont post a lot but this accusation from BlackMan in this thread definately needed a response from me.(thank god for the bad word censor..) Im glad that BlackMan feels sorry and admits some mistakes he did so i wont have any problem racing with him if he maybe apologizes to me and acts a bit better in the future. We all have our bad days.

Kind regards.
Just to be clear, I was Korteniemi driving XRR in the race, Div A.

At the start of the race I got two qualy spots for free so i started 3rd instead of 5th. Lefty had to quit the league and Rudi couldn't race. looking good for me, but I lost my teammate.

Well, the green flag dropped and Belak and Niitav pulled away. I saw them having some fighting. I was able to see Tixier in my mirrors for some time and we were side-to-side once, but he didn't manage to pass. At the some point Kowalski went past me and I didn't want any risky fight so I let him go without any more fighting. I'd pass him again when he goes to pits.

Saw people going to pits one by one and then being at the lead for some laps. I kept very close look at my tires and driving, to make sure they last. Pitted at the end of lap 36. At this point I was sure that my 2 stop strategy would work. I had some marginal for mistakes now.

At some point during my 2nd stint I had some side-by-side action with Sauthoff, but he pitted soon after that. Well, nothing special, some people passed me but regained my position when they pitted. I was just keeping it steady to keep tires in decent condition. At some point saw yellow flag at the chicane and Niitav at the side fo the road. Leading again, but pitting soon. Pitted sometime around 1h 23 min race time, well on schedule.

Then saw Belak pitting around 1h 25 min, so I assumed he'd still have to do one more stop. Well he didn't have to. He conserved fuel and tires, so he drove slower. I was able to get closer to him easily, but I had to drive conervatively too.

On 96 lap Kowalski passed me, even he was one lap behind me. This passing maneuver of course slowed me down. Well, eventually I get close to Belak, but Kowalski is between us, even at that point I was driving faster than, still he's not giving room. So I can't get close to Belak, because he was between us, and I had to slow down because Kowalski was driving very close in front of me. Everyone know the loss of downforce when drafting.

I'm not taking any stupid risks because some guy had a race accident and because of that doesn't respect blue flags. So why should I try to do a competitive pass when the guy in front should let me pass easily? It is very disrespectful to get between the leaders who are fighting for the victory during the last laps. It's good that he admits his mistake though, I know some drivers who don't.

Ah well, finished 2nd after all, 0,56 secs behind Belak. Good race otherwise. 2 stop strategy seemed like a good choice and worked well.

I have to congratulate Belak though. He drove a great race and took a big risk by driving a loooong stint and conserving fuel to win the race. That's some real racing spirit. Respect.
Incident on lap 58 involving M. Niitav (88), M. Kowalski (420), M. Schade (432): race incident.

Last 20 minutes of the race involving U. Belak (449), T. Korteniemi (260), M. Kowalski (420).
#420 was one lap behind #449 in first position and #260 in second position. #420 was faster, and you are allowed to unlap yourself. However, it is not allowed to make it impossible for other drivers to have a fair competition, whether that would be for the first, second or 15th place.

Chatting during, and using faul language after the race by M. Kowalski (420): chatting during the race is forbidden, also the use of 'Thanks' or 'Sorry'. Of course emotions can rise during and shortly after a race, but insulting other drivers is something that should never happen. Also (censored) repeating this on the forum is not a good thing to do, you should be calmed down by then. You can always be critical about someone, even if you are wrong, but don't use the f-word.

Penalties:
M. Kowalski (420):
Making fair competition impossible:
Official warning. Any misbehaviour of any kind will result in a 2 race exclusion.

Insulting other driver:
DNF points, instead of 91, awarded.

If people strongly disagree with any of the above, I ask them to send me a PM and use this thread for other discussions. The race seemed very close for a lot of drivers
Well was a strage race i think and we all hope to have a better one in Aston

But is useless to discuss this problem, of course that i cant disagree with you mac when you said that he spam and also what he said after the race, but he made a choise in the race and was the wrong way to deal with it, i hope that you two can have a lot fun in the next race and enjoy every moment.

Quote :One more thing.. This is in no way an accusation to Cyber Racing from me. I just had problems with one driver, your team still has my respect and you also seem a very nice guy to come here and defend your teammate and team. Also your team driver Belak did a great race and i had a good fight with him, cheers for that. But you must understand that i also have to defend myself here. Im usually a quiet person and dont post a lot but this accusation from BlackMan in this thread definately needed a response from me.(thank god for the bad word censor..) Im glad that BlackMan feels sorry and admits some mistakes he did so i wont have any problem racing with him if he maybe apologizes to me and acts a bit better in the future. We all have our bad days.

Good to know mate but my objective was not to offend or to accuse you in any way, you may know that practice during 2 weaks and have objectives for a good position in a race and in the end have a messed race is a big disillusion and blackman being very emotional said things without thinking but he is a nice guy hope that you and him can be friends in the future.

congratulations for casper and also to Tillverkad for the good race

Best Regards
I just want to say sorry to ppl whos i blocked and to MacEST my bad language.

I get unregistered in lfsendu, becaus i wont to training again 2 weeks and had bad luck, again.
Quote from Frankmd :you are allowed to unlap yourself. However, it is not allowed to make it impossible for other drivers to have a fair competition, whether that would be for the first, second or 15th place

Can I assume that the same goes to MrAss, who was not very cooperative when it comes to lapping? I didn't lodge official complaint to you Frankmd, but can you watch div. B replay on lap 10, 16 and 17 looking from my car? I just want to know if he did the right thing there...
Wow! You guys are raiding with R2 tyres!? I guess a have a lot of work to do with my setups. As a mater of fact I was with R4 type and both rear tyres blowup after 25 minuts, same happend in practice with R3. What could happend? I was running chassi a lit low and stiff, is that the reason?
Maraz, check your PM.
Quote from PLebre :Wow! You guys are raiding with R2 tyres!? I guess a have a lot of work to do with my setups. As a mater of fact I was with R4 type and both rear tyres blowup after 25 minuts, same happend in practice with R3. What could happend? I was running chassi a lit low and stiff, is that the reason?

Dunno about other car, but , with my FXR this is how i do..

1st possibility
I download the setup for WR .. usualy from Flotch
The setup can handle only 2-3 laps with (Front-Rear ) R2-R2
They heat up to 95° after more than 5laps and stay there for a while
Rear stay around 85°
So, i put R3 on front ... and TADA !!! u got a nice Race setup
Usualy i can race 40 to 45 minutes with R3-R2.

2nd possibility
With same WR setup,i reduce camber a bit, i increase the tire pressure ( more pressure = more tire cooling ). I increase until the tire dt exceed 90° ... BUT, if the pressure exceed 2.1 bars.. thats too much pressure, wichi means , i MUST use R3 for front... because...more pressure = less grip.
With R2-R2 i could race 25minutes..

dunno if u can do the same with FZR/XRR .. anyway..

cheers,
Quote from PLebre :Wow! You guys are raiding with R2 tyres!? I guess a have a lot of work to do with my setups. As a mater of fact I was with R4 type and both rear tyres blowup after 25 minuts, same happend in practice with R3. What could happend? I was running chassi a lit low and stiff, is that the reason?

Well, many people mistakenly think that racing with hard compund (R4 slicks) will make the tyres more durable. It seems logical, but it doesn't really work this way in LFS. R4 slicks have very little grip compared to R2 and front wheels lock up under heavy braking resulting in flatspots. So the R4 slicks actualy wears up faster than R2 (ironic, isn't it).

- I suggest you never use R4 tyres (someone said they're good on ovals.. I never raced on oval).

- You should always stick to R2 with XRR/FZR and use R3 slicks only when you can't keep the temperature under 100 degress. Increasing the pressure on rear wheels can help to keep the temperature down. On Westhill many racers used high pressure (200+ KPa) on rear wheels so they could use R2 tyres. I'm not sure about FXR, which is an AWD car, but this is how it works with the other two RWD cars.

I menaged to finish Blackwood with 2 pitstops in FZR and R2 tyres, so they are pretty durable, if you're carefull not to make flatspots and drift in corners. Had to squeeze every last drop of fuel to keep that car going for 40 minutes
Quote from Krutch :thd / Frank, next time you need someone for race leader you can ask me, I've enoug experience with leagues for that

Div C race was good. Vince was way to fast for everyone else and would've been 2 laps ahead if he didn't had an incident. I came 2nd after a good fight with BillyMos. Now I feel damn sorry for myself that I reminded Vince to qualify for this in July :banghead:
I started 6th, being one of those who didn't set a time in qualify. I got into a good rythm quickly and could overtake a few people. By the time I got to 2nd in lap 7, Vince was already away. From further behind on the grid Billy Mos had got to 3rd and he also passed me. Then I could follow him. After Vince stopped I managed to get by Billy - for 1 corner.
I first planned to do a 3 stop-race, but as my tyres were holding up ok and Billy looked like being on 2 stops, I changed strategy. After my first I was a bit more behind Billy, until I found him and another car standing after the chicane. That's were I got 2nd and I stayed there. In the end I made a small error costing me some time but I kept 2nd.
And on Div C I didn't had any problems with lapped cars, well done.

Good race, and I really like the length. Thanks to the admins!

Well, this was my first endurance race and it wasn't so bad...After all, i just returned from my vacation and i didn't have much time to test my race setup.

I started the race from the ninth place and i was planning to do 2 pit stops.

I managed to be second after 10 minutes but it was really hard to keep Krutch behind me. It seemed i could arrive second. But i had an accident, trying to avoid someone in the middle of the track, so i made one extra long pit stop:chair:. At the end, i was trying to catch Krutch, running almost a second quicker (maybe he was controlling our distance) but a miscalculation of the fuel forced me to a fourth pitstop during the last lap.:grumpy:

But at the end, i was very happy. And most important, i really enjoyed the race.

No problem with the lapped cars.
Vince was an alien. Too fast for me. I think i made a mistake choosing FXR

See you at Aston
Quote from billymos :I managed to be second after 10 minutes but it was really hard to keep Krutch behind me. It seemed i could arrive second. But i had an accident, trying to avoid someone in the middle of the track, so i made one extra long pit stop:chair:. At the end, i was trying to catch Krutch, running almost a second quicker (maybe he was controlling our distance) but a miscalculation of the fuel forced me to a fourth pitstop during the last lap.:grumpy:

But at the end, i was very happy. And most important, i really enjoyed the race.

No problem with the lapped cars.
Vince was an alien. Too fast for me. I think i made a mistake choosing FXR

See you at Aston

Choosing FXR wasn't wrong, especially as you seemed to be able to do 2 stops. I was slower in the end because I first knew you had to do one more stop, but then I got disturbed by someone walking in my room and crashed into a wall. Right side of the car got some damage, but I only had problems in left-handed turns so my speed was still ok. Shame about the incidents, would have been close between us.

I was racing with R3's on my XRR as in a training run on R2's my lf exploded after 20 minutes. In training my R3's did seem to cool down too much after 30 minutes, but I reduced camber just before the race and it worked out so I changed strategy during the race. But I also reduced camber a bit too much as I was slower than in training, so a change at my stop helped. Always nice when that works out
The results are public now. It might happen that some people who disconnected late in the race are not in the results. If so, please send me a PM. I will add those people manually.
Quote from Krutch :Choosing FXR wasn't wrong, especially as you seemed to be able to do 2 stops. I was slower in the end because I first knew you had to do one more stop, but then I got disturbed by someone walking in my room and crashed into a wall. Right side of the car got some damage, but I only had problems in left-handed turns so my speed was still ok. Shame about the incidents, would have been close between us.

I was racing with R3's on my XRR as in a training run on R2's my lf exploded after 20 minutes. In training my R3's did seem to cool down too much after 30 minutes, but I reduced camber just before the race and it worked out so I changed strategy during the race. But I also reduced camber a bit too much as I was slower than in training, so a change at my stop helped. Always nice when that works out

The only good choice for all GTR cars is R2. When R3s wear some, they get way too cold and lose grip. R2s are about optimum after 27 minuts or so and even get too cold at the end of the stint! I've driven quite hard with R2s in XRR and the temps were something around 58/65/67. That was at the end of a 40minute stint when practising.

Something should be done about this. Make R2s wear more so only very short stints can be driven or give more grip for R3s and R4s. Otherwise R2 is the only choice if you want to be fast, even in long races. R3s and R4s are useless at the moment, not at the oval though. Or maybe even give much more compounds, maybe from R1 to R10. That would give everyone loads of possibilites with their strategy and good tires for it.
40min with R2s ????? What pressure and camber to keep R2s 40minutes?
It is not possible with FXR because of FRONT tires.
on RWD front tires are used for turning and braking.
on AWD front tires are used for turning , braking AND accelerating... and that's is more heat for the tire
I did nearly 40 mins on R2s Seb, could have done another 5 mins or so I guess. Was using one of Flotch's setups I think.... (used your set for qual, but wasn't good on tyres )
Quote from MagicFr :40min with R2s ????? What pressure and camber to keep R2s 40minutes?
It is not possible with FXR because of FRONT tires.
on RWD front tires are used for turning and braking.
on AWD front tires are used for turning , braking AND accelerating... and that's is more heat for the tire

Well, pressures were 1,43/1,17 bar in front and 1,78/1,78 bar in the rear. I was also used 77 power side and 20 coast side differential lock to minimise resistance when turning. Anti-roll bars were under 100. Add smooth driving to that and you can do 40 mins easily.

Why don't you try to give more power to the rear in FXR? That should keep fronts alive. I have driven only few laps in FXR though, so I don't have much experience.
more power to rear, yes, but if i must drive RWD i'd choose the lighter one

Just kinding

It's hard to choose between speed and consistency, especialy the FXR is already slower

i'm not whining, i knew the FXR was slow, i choosed it, so we can really see how it is going in endurance race, and so Scawen can change things so the car will be more even for final S2 realease
You can always cure the oversteer problem by tweaking anti-roll bars for example.
IMO, Fxr shouldn't be as fast as the other ones. It's easiest to drive and if it was as fast as others, everyone would use it.
The FXR is not easy to drive when trying to keep other cars pace :/

Anyway... now i'm using 30% front, and i manage to have my R2R2 long fro 40min, thanks to your help

[GTR] Race 2: Blackwood
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG