The online racing simulator
Round 1 - Post-race discussion
WOW, excellent start to the season, really good racing throughout.

Even though I had a couple of incidents in the feature race, it was REALLY enjoyable.
I definitely enjoyed today's event. I drove terribly and managed to lose 19 places from my pole position start in race 2. But the racing was really fun and I hope to do better next time.
Thx for great race and great racers and also great admin
God! What a race...

I really enjoyed it, fights level of other world! Grats to all and to Dave that won the 2 races.. I was really excited with all this in one race..

#5 - Bean0
An excellent start to the series, good battles throughout the field and respectful racing all round as far as I could tell. Really looking forward to the next one.
#6 - bozo
I suffered from a mixture of a bad setup and lack of practice. Hope to rectify both in time for the next round.

I was hit by a number of drivers on the second lap of race 2, with drivers trying to pass at the earliest opportunity even though that resulted in a number of collisions, not just with myself. I've checked the replay and none of the collisions warrants further investigation, but it would be better to see more consideration from drivers overtaking during the opening laps of the feature race.

A blown tyre with 3 laps to go ended the feature race for me. My pit crew must have been on a tea break, the time it took them to return my car the the track!
Was all good stuff, sorry for the few bumps with one T7R car on first laps and danowat later on in the race.

As for the races, the 1st was really awesome, especially towards the end. The last corder was really the lfs crash physics at worst. It was one car squeezed between two cars and once they all touched at the same time the pack just exploded apart.

The seconds race was just crazy with traffic and lots of cars. I think at one point I was in the middle of a pack with like 7 cars, 3 wide and all that going into corner while someone spinning in fron of that pack and everyone making it through with the smallest taps - great stuff. As for my personal score, I think I might have got 2nd or 3rd from the 1st race but in the 2nd my ferrari engine kinda let go towards the end of the race. That engine is currently being salvaged from the burning wreckage what was once a fz50 and being shipped into Italy later on today. I think it was sabotage (:really. As for the actual problem with the engine, I lost a cylinder or so, the piston was fine though. Defenately not my fault going down the gears too eagerly .
Great start to the season. I personally had 2 great races.

I left the pits very late for qualifying, since as usual I miss-timed when to start cooking food etc, and ended up putting a terrible lap together for 10 place with only a few minutes left.

The first race was very intense, as I tried to work my way up front. I stayed cautious, but took opportunities as they came and this worked me up the positions gradually. I still had to push at the end though to get past my mousing teamate for the win.

As we know the whole grid was reversed for the 2nd race, so it was back to square one for me, except this time right at the back of a huge grid. Again I stayed close to the guys in front, waiting for opportunities to pass or for them to make errors. This however had cost me lots of time by the time I had worked my way up to 3rd place. Ghost had built up a 10 second lead at this point, since he had a troublesome first race and therefore started near the front of the grid in the feature race. Still, I felt there were enough laps remaining to overhaul the lead of his, and passed him with a few laps to go for the win.

Regarding the RAC vs FZ5; having driven the FZ last season, I can say it seems to have slightly faster raw pace over the RAC, and is a little more stable, but suffers very much from tyre cooking syndrome. Still it's great fun to race against the FZ in the RAC.
Considering i hadn't really touched LFS since early in the year when we broke Adaptive Racing up, i was reasonably happy with my qually place of 15th.
Hopefully i'll get back up to speed now with some regular racing.

Really enjoyed the sprint race, had some great battles with various guys, however, i felt that a couple of guys were a little eager to pass me. I was continually bumped and knocked about until i got off line, at which point they'd make the pass. I have no problem with being pressured by the driver behind me, but i feel that more skill should go into the move, rather than them bullying their way past.

More of the same for the feaure race, some good battles, and some eager beavers, makng their way back past me from the reversed grid. Unfortunately, about 2/3rds into the race, my PC decided it was about time it BSOD'd, and did so promptly, quite dissapointing as i reckon i was in for a couple of points

Bring on Round 2...
Shame about the BSOD Kelvin.

As for the conduct, even though I got spun out twice, I would say both were racing accidents, the first was a result of a big squeeze into "Eau rouge" and I came off worst, and the second one was a case of me being in the wrong place at the wrong time, when wimpie got a bit sideways in the last chicane.

Other than that I would say conduct was as good as, if not better, than any other league, infact, it was noted at how intense, clean and close the racing was from an impartial observer.

Luckily, the "old guard" know each other quite well, which was clear from mine and Felix's tussles (great racing as always matey ), and I am sure that the new(er) drivers will get a handle on things, particularly the different lines and braking zones that the FZ5 and RAC have to take, and how other drivers drive, and things can only improve.

I still maintain that this league, and it's drivers, provide the best, cleanest, racing experiance to be found in LFS, and I really don't think I have had more fun in any races.

Holding a squirming barge on a corner, with the rear end twiching, at 140mph, with 4 other barges in very close proximity is a HUGE rush.
I really enjoyed this race. I was slower than most of you, but I had really nice fights, to bad I lost most of them .
Sprint race was not bad, got a top 10 finish which was my goal.

Main didn't go too well though. Didnt have the best connection internationally last night so it was a scary first lap for me. Had two racing incidents in my main race but they didnt really change what my finishing result would be.

I got nailed by the LFS damage model early on in the race! Sitting tucked up behind Hyper's FZ5 and a few others closely infront of him. Coming into the last chicane Ant got it a little sideways and a few tyres went across the track. Thought i was going to be fine and i caught one right in the middle of the bonnet, lifted the front up and when it landed it smashed the front left suspension completely and i ran wide into the wall. Had to stop on the grass waiting for a gap to shoot across the road to the pits.

Was a long pit and then it was just drive to the end.

Was good fun though! Very hard but rewarding at the same time driving in this league!!

I wont be able to make the next event as i will be away on holiday, pity as i really love Westhill Rev. It always makes for good close racing from past experiences. But i will be back for a place to compete at the following race.
Sounds like I should of signed up..
I enjoyed the sprint race immensely even after qualifying a full 2 seconds off my PB. The only blot was an incident on the last lap where two recovering cars decided to rejoin the racing line at half speed on a very fast part of the circuit forcing me to brake & loose a further position for being polite.

Main race was a complete write off.

anyone got a sprint race replay?
I'll try and post replays ASAP
It was amazing, the quali didnt go so well for me as a friendly CR team mate gave me a few tyres to deal with on my fast lap. But meh soon got round to make a good but low quali posstion.

Race 1 got off to a very interesting start, the 1st lap seemed to go really well, besides the few that got spun off early in the race. Nearing the end I was still battling with GFresh and Antt also Dan aswell... Was damn close tho.

Race 2 was so much better for me. Although I got passed in the opening laps. Also niall09 God damn, that first lap you passed me on the outside and then almost up the inside of another car.
I managed to keep up and pass the packs of people that were battling for about 4-5 places :P. Slowly as it got to lap 10, the grid had spaced out and it was a case of keeping my foot down trying to catch bean0. And just trying to keep the Elite off my back.

Overall i really enjoyed the racing. Even though I have never driven that car at all. I feel I did well enough, and I loved the close racing even with a few taps, here and there. Bring on round 2.
Quote from adamlfs :Even though i have never driven that car at all. I feel i did well enough

Blimey, IMO, you did bloody well if you'd never driven the RAC before
At least for this round, and until Dan has found some other place to host files, you can get replays and screenshots of unofficial results

here

greetz

der butz
Thanks Butz
No worries mate, I somehow knew that one stupid ventrilo link comment wouldn't stay memorized very long. Watch my post in the CR internal forums in 5 mins :-)

greetz

der butz
It's old age mate, plus, I still think I am jet lagged!!!!
Like others have said really good quality racing. Close and clean.

Sprint

Had a deasent quali near my pb ended up 7th. Then battled through the race gaining couple of positions. Went wide once and lost a position there to Makriyiannis. Then drove behind him to the end. We got really lucky on the last lap in the last corner as three of the guys ahead of us had collided. So we gained 3 free place's there.

Feature

Starting all the way from the back. Took the first corners really easy and lost some place's there. Then started overtaking and it went well for about 6 laps. Was tailing Hugoluis at the time and i managed to keep up to him somewhat. As we gained on Cherkashyn we had tight fights for a lap or so. But then i ended up doing a mistake in the last corner hitting the tires. Hit the wall on the right and did a 180 there so was facing the wrong way. Had just managed to get ahead this long line of cars so had to wait for everyone to go before i had the change to get back to the road. So again in the end of the back and 10 laps to go. Well just patiently started trying to get my pace back. Had another close call with the tires closer to the end. One tire was loose in the middle of the line and just couldn't avoid, no big damage there just lost some time. Starting to really hate those tires . In the end managed to get to 9th place.

Really looking forward for the next round.
Quote from danowat :Shame about the BSOD Kelvin.

As for the conduct, even though I got spun out twice, I would say both were racing accidents, the first was a result of a big squeeze into "Eau rouge" and I came off worst, and the second one was a case of me being in the wrong place at the wrong time, when wimpie got a bit sideways in the last chicane.

Other than that I would say conduct was as good as, if not better, than any other league, infact, it was noted at how intense, clean and close the racing was from an impartial observer.

Luckily, the "old guard" know each other quite well, which was clear from mine and Felix's tussles (great racing as always matey ), and I am sure that the new(er) drivers will get a handle on things, particularly the different lines and braking zones that the FZ5 and RAC have to take, and how other drivers drive, and things can only improve.

I still maintain that this league, and it's drivers, provide the best, cleanest, racing experiance to be found in LFS, and I really don't think I have had more fun in any races.

Holding a squirming barge on a corner, with the rear end twiching, at 140mph, with 4 other barges in very close proximity is a HUGE rush.

Just to clear things up, i wasn't accusing anybody of anything, i was just calling it eagerness. It didn't really annoy me or anything, i just felt that after having raced in the winter cup season one, and the summer cup season two before that, with the racing being so immaculately clean.... i dunno, perhaps i was just dissapointed in the couple of guys that did resort to "bully boy tactics".
Don't get me wrong, the rest of the guys were ace, nice clean racing, with epic battles a'plently
Anyway, just ignore me, perhaps being away from racing for as long as i have, i've become over sensitive to things like this, which are probably just nothing but pure hard'ass racing!

Looking forward to round two, where hopefully, i won't be so much of a girl about the whole event :slap:
Quote from Jouman :
Sprint

Had a deasent quali near my pb ended up 7th. Then battled through the race gaining couple of positions. Went wide once and lost a position there to Makriyiannis. Then drove behind him to the end. We got really lucky on the last lap in the last corner as three of the guys ahead of us had collided. So we gained 3 free place's there.

That was a nice gift by the guys in front . Really enjoyed our fight on the sprint race.

Round 1 - Post-race discussion
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG