The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I really liked what I saw of it, deko. Could have benefitted from commentators who knew more about the league/the teams competing, but overall it was a great effort on short notice.

Well, let's see, the race started at about 2:45 my time.

I get back from errands about 2:05, get into Ventrilo, and Timo says, "deko, we're broadcasting IGTC before adn after LFSBC, and you're commentating." I reply, "You want me to announce on IGTC ?" He says, "Yes." I say, "ooooo.....kayy." and go to IGTC website and skim the rules so I know a basic bit, and of course, doing this while I do some briefing to the LFSBC racers, and the come in with abotu 5 minutes left in IGTC qualifying. I spent most of that time hunting the Tracker link. :-)

But yeah, I usually spend the better part of a week or more preparing to announce anything I commentate on, so that I don't sound like a total hack. So, having time to do proper research, and maybe some Q&As, I'll be better. Also would help not having to leave to do other event. :-)

d
There's a pretty good chance we'll have a shiny new broadcasting method for the final round, so you have that to look forward to.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :There's a pretty good chance we'll have a shiny new broadcasting method for the final round, so you have that to look forward to.

Ooooooo ! Shiny !

Yeah, I know the quality of the WMV sucks. I prefered the Flash method better...might have to talk to Mr Failure of FM about that. I did very much enjoy commentating on what I could, and would enjoy doing it again for Round 8 (after being more prepared, too)

d
Quote from [LEFT :dekojester[/LEFT];912655]By the way - I hope everyone who's gotten to see the broadcast enjoyed it ! I'd love to stream the final round, if you'd all like that as well.

d

I enjoyed good work.
Quote from dekojester :Ooooooo ! Shiny !

Yeah, I know the quality of the WMV sucks. I prefered the Flash method better...might have to talk to Mr Failure of FM about that.
d

This isn't completely accurate. It might be a little better but there's not much difference. The initial problem is the hardware: A computer powerful enough to deliver a good quality stream (+ a computer powerful enough to run LFS nicely) is quite costly

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG