The online racing simulator
Winter cup season 2 Rules
Please read and digest all rules before signing up.

Rules

Throughout the entire season, race format will stay the same, that being as follows.
There will be a 15 min qualification period to determine the starting position for the sprint race.

Sprint race

Each event will begin with a sprint race which will run for approx 15 mins, the starting order of this race will be determined by the qualification period.

Feature race

Each event will feature a feature race which will run for approx 45mins, there is NO forced pit, although you may pit if required, the starting positions for this feature race will be determined by reverse championship standings, in the case of the first event, starting position will be determined by reverse order of the sprint race.

The league will always start on Thursdays at 19.30 GMT.
The idea of the league is fun but competitive racing, please respect other drivers, and treat them with the same respect you expect to be treated.
You will find the results, standings and replays in the RSSC forum.
All times are GMT/UTC.

1) General Rules:

Qualification : This is a ONE SHOT qualifying system, that means that once you have left the pits to start your qualification, you will not be permitted to re-enter the qualification if you pit, once you are out, that’s it, no second goes, to clarify, you ARE NOT allowed to pit at ANY time, either by shift+p or driving into the pits.
If you turn up after qualification has started, you will start from the back of the grid
Drive clean and fair, if you unfairly disadvantage a fellow racer you should do the honourable thing and allow said driver to pass you, this is just a gentlemans rule, and due to the nature of LFS's damage model, lag and other factors cannot be enforced fully.

1a) Car Selection:

-You must choose between the RAC (Raceabout) and the FZ50, once you have raced the first event in any car you MUST use this car for the rest of the season, the FZ50 must NOT use TC

1b) Track conditions:

- Track conditions and time CAN change, the website will be updated with a weather report at least 1 day before the event.

1c) Chatting:

- Chatting MUST be limited during the main race, only sorry or likewise being allowed.
- You can block messages in the main race, but be aware that this will also block messages that may help you in avoiding a penalty.

1d) Disconnection:

- If you got a disconnection during the qualification period you can not rejoin the qualification but you can spectate, if you didn’t manage to set a time, you will start from the back of the grid.
- If you got a disconnection during the race you can not rejoin the race but you can spectate.
- If you disconnect during the sprint race, you will be permitted to drive in the feature race.

1e) Reset:

- Resetting is NOT allowed, if you are stuck, or inverted you may Shift-S back to the pits.

1f) Restarts:

- The race WILL NOT be restarted under ANY circumstances

1g) Yellow and Blue Flags:

- Respect the yellow and blue flags.
- No overtaking during Yellow flag (except the car/s that caused the yellow Flag).
- If you accidentally passed someone under yellow, you must let him pass you again ASAP!
- Drivers must use caution and be prepared to slow down under Yellow Flag conditions.
- When the Yellow Flag disappears from your screen you can overtake again.
- When you got a Blue Flag let the faster car/s pass you easily as fast as possible, but it is the responability of the passing driver to pass safely and not cause the passed driver any adverse affects

1h) Race Starts:

- Remember to close all unnecessary programs and websites in the background (like MSN, LFS World etc.) before you race! Because these things take away some of your Internet bandwidth and could cause lag (timeouts) for you and the other racers on a server.
- There are no restarts of the race - no matter what.
- Laglaps, when starting directly from qualifying there will be NO laglap, if for any reason the race has to start from the lobby screen, a laglap WILL be required.

- Sprint race starting order is the result from qualifying.
- Feature race starting order is the championship standings reverse, in the case of event 1, sprint race finishing positions reversed.

1i) Pit Stops:

- There is NO forced pit-stop in the race, you can of course do a pitstop if your car is damaged, needs fuel, or tyres.

1j) In game driver names

-All drivers MUST use the following format for in game driver names.

Team tag (if you have one) real name

e.g. CR|D.Watkins

1k) Signing up

The RSWC is open to ALL S2 licence holders, when signing up please use your real name, and if you are in a team, and would like to contribute to the team championship, please state your team.

Preference will be given in the following order
1) Those drivers that completed in previous RSC leagues

There are 30 places available and will be filled on a first come first served basis by the above critieria

In the event that more than 30 drivers sign up, those drivers will be entered into the reserves, all reserves are welcome to turn up to an event, but will only be allowed to race if there is room.

Non-reserve drivers that do not participate in 2 con-current events, without prior notice will be demoted to reserve status, and the next available reserve driver will take their place.

2) Race Penalties summary:

- If you come too late and join after the qualifying has started = your starting position will be the back of the grid.
- Wrong Passing under Yellow (and don't give the place back immediately) = you’ll placed behind the driver you passed in the final results of that race
(be warned If he DNF you also DNF because you'll be placed behind him!).

- Rejoining a race / joining an ongoing race will also end in a DSQ.
- All other things that are actually not in this list can of course be penalized by the Admins after the race (i.e. reckless driving, pushing someone out of his pit, etc.).

Incident reporting will be available for 24 hours after each event for individuals to post any reports and bad or unsportsmanlike driving, race admin will review each of the reports and if deemed neccesary a penalty will be applied to the at fault driver.

3) Points: Drivers Championship

Each and every driver in the championship will be driving for points in the drivers championship, the driver with the highest amount of points at the end of the season will be declared the “Road Sport Winter Cup Champion”

Sprint Race :

- Qualifying winner = 1 Point
- Fastest lap = 1 Point
- Race:
Position 1 = 16
Position 2 = 12
Position 3 = 10
Position 4 = 8
Position 5 = 6
Position 6 = 5
Position 7 = 4
Position 8 = 3
Position 9 = 2
Position 10 = 1

Feature Race :

- Fastest lap = 1 Point
- Race:
Position 1 = 26
Position 2 = 23
Position 3 = 20
Position 4 = 18
Position 5 = 16
Position 6 = 14
Position 7 = 13
Position 8 = 12
Position 9 = 11
Position 10 = 10
Position 11 = 9
Position 12 = 8
Position 13 = 7
Position 14 = 6
Position 15 = 5
Position 16 = 4
Position 17 = 3
Position 18 = 2
Position 19 = 1

There will be NO points for DNF or DSQ.

4b) Points: Team Championship

When you enter the “Road Sport Winter Cup”, you have the chance to enter your team in the “Road Sport Winter Cup team championship”.
Each driver that signs up with their team will score points for the team championship, the team with the highest amount of points at the end of the season will be declared the “Road Sport Winter Cup Team Champion”

Each team must consist of 2 drivers, these can be made up teams, or real teams.

If for example a team signs up with more than two drivers, then they will need to split their team, i.e. Concept Racing 1 / Concept Racing 2, but each team must contain two drivers.

1st ***** 10 points
2nd***** 8 points
3rd ***** 6 points
4th****** 5 points
5th****** 4 points
6th ***** 3 points
7th****** 2 points
8th****** 1 point

There will be NO points for DNF or DSQ.

5) The server will be open at 19.00 GMT. You must be there before 19.30 GMT.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Yes
1f) Restarts:

- The race WILL NOT be restarted under ANY circumstances.

Even if the server becomes ill and chucks over 50 % of the people out ? thats happend to me once or twice now .
That would be a judgement call if that should happen, but I can count the number of times on 2 fingers its happened to me in the 5 years I have been using LFS.
#5 - P1lot
Quote :the starting positions for this feature race will be determined by reverse championship standings

I know you're trying to equalise everyones chances, but I just hope it isn't a recipe for carnage having eveyone squashing up for the first few laps.
#6 - Bean0
Quote from P1lot :I know you're trying to equalise everyones chances, but I just hope it isn't a recipe for carnage having eveyone squashing up for the first few laps.

Also, will you be working out the standings after the first race, or just using the standings from before that nights racing.
Quote from P1lot :I know you're trying to equalise everyones chances, but I just hope it isn't a recipe for carnage having eveyone squashing up for the first few laps.

I had thought about it, however going on the quality of driving in previous seasons I'd hope it wouldn't be an issue

Quote from Bean0 :Also, will you be working out the standings after the first race, or just using the standings from before that nights racing.

Feature grid will be done on the previous weeks champ standings
#8 - bozo
Quote from danowat :
1e) Reset:

- Resetting is NOT allowed, if you are stuck, or inverted you may Shift-S back to the pits.

Isn't Shift-S for spectate, and Shift-P for pits? I'm not sure whether the stuck driver needs to spectate, or can return to pits and start again.
Yes, and he knows that, the rules have just been copied from his original RSSC league which took place when Shift-S WAS back to pits.

So, the rules should read;

Quote from danowat :

1e) Reset:

- Resetting is NOT allowed, if you are stuck, or inverted you may Shift-P back to the pits.

Quote from danowat :
1g) Yellow and Blue Flags:

- Respect the yellow and blue flags.
- No overtaking during Yellow flag (except the car/s that caused the yellow Flag).
- If you accidentally passed someone under yellow, you must let him pass you again ASAP!
- Drivers must use caution and be prepared to slow down under Yellow Flag conditions.
- When the Yellow Flag disappears from your screen you can overtake again.

And how exactly the yellow flag will work?Is there going to be safety car or the pace car will control the field during yellow flag?
Same as last session, it's there to (try and) stop incidents from happening when others crash / go off the track.

Basically, just use common sense and drive sensibly under a yellow flag, no saftey car will be deployed.
Quote from [UKR] Race King :And how exactly the yellow flag will work?Is there going to be safety car or the pace car will control the field during yellow flag?

It means when the "yellow flag" writing appears on the screen, I believe.
Me and my future team-mate don't want to use the same skin, is it OK for that or should we have the same skin?
i dont think theres any problem there , are old team had loads of random skins , at the same time .
Quote from danowat :

2) Race Penalties summary:

- Wrong Passing under Yellow (and don't give the place back immediately) = you’ll placed behind the driver you passed in the final results of that race
(be warned If he DNF you also DNF because you'll be placed behind him!).

Isn't this a bit unfair for a penalty? Maybe a +10sec penalty on the finish result would be better imo.

Also, no skinning rules and no ballast rules as previous season, right?
That rules has always been in RSC, and we haven't had an issue with it yet, there is a reason it's there, to TRY and make people more aware under yellow flags and potential dangers, so it will stay.

To clarify, the yellow flag rule won't be actively monitered by admin, however, if someone reports that someone passed under a yellow, gained an advantage, and doesn't give the place back, then the driver will be penilised.

And yes, correct, skins are free, and no ballast (it made little to no difference, so it seemed pointless maintaining it)
The ballast was aimed to bring balance.
This season it's reverse championship grid for the feature race which aims to do the same thing (the way I see it). I bet it's also to reduce dropout rate, since those doing poorly in the championship get to start near the front.
Indeed, sorta like a double prong attempt
Ok, copy that.

Winter cup season 2 Rules
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG