The online racing simulator
And this is LFS . This community works a bit different from the rest of the online world. For better or for worse I would say. The LFS fora are a bit like real world pitlane discussions.

What I meant is that when you feel fed up with something that happened on the track (here in the OLFSL) it is a good thing to ask for an opinion from the OLFSL staff. This is perfect to clear up some annoying accidents and it is here so we can learn from our mistakes.

When you are sure someone has made a grave error, please report it so that the other guy can learn. Maybe you get an unique opportunity to learn yourself. Never be afraid of filing an issue!
Quote from HeerBommel :And this is LFS . This community works a bit different from the rest of the online world. For better or for worse I would say. The LFS fora are a bit like real world pitlane discussions.

What I meant is that when you feel fed up with something that happened on the track (here in the OLFSL) it is a good thing to ask for an opinion from the OLFSL staff. This is perfect to clear up some annoying accidents and it is here so we can learn from our mistakes.

When you are sure someone has made a grave error, please report it so that the other guy can learn. Maybe you get an unique opportunity to learn yourself. Never be afraid of filing an issue!

I have filed a complaint. Why do you continue to beat on a dead horse?
Cause I didnt know it was dead. Just trying to help. Not only you. This is a forum.
Well, since my name came up, I decided to check the replays.

What I could make of the T1-incidents, I can sincerely say: what a mess. I admit that I made mistakes there and I ain't blaming anyone else for them. I can only say, that I did what I did to keep the car safely under control and tried to avoid causing physical harm to anyone. Unfortunately it seems that I failed in that.

I look forward to the next race and let the staff cast their judgement on things that happened
The big mess in pool 3 did me damage and made it very difficult the rest of the race, but at least I was able to finish. I had to keep the wheel turned about 30° the whole way and I could not take turns 1 and 2 at full speed because the rear would just step out every time.

There was a small mistake made by the driver in front of me going onto the front straight, he spun, I had to get on the brakes, I tapped him, but we were OK.

Then two cars dove inside of us to get by, good moves on both their parts, but the one trailing, bumped the car in front and they both spun.

The one in back spun into me as I was recovering, sent me into the wall.

Now there were 4 cars all sideways in the sweeper before the front straight. Cars coming around the hairpin had plenty of time to see as and slow down. Two cars didn't. I don't know why, but they both were very late to get on the brakes. They both plowed into the spun cars and a major wreck ensued. Too bad, it ruined the race for one of them and made the race much worse for me. I am not sure why neither of them slowed until too late. There was no way to get through that mess at speed. I am not sure if the Yellow flag had come up for them, but it should have.

Overall, it was a challenging race and I was pretty happy to just finish the thing. I am looking forward to the LX4 for the next race

As far as getting points even if you don't "finish" the race, this does happen in the real world. There is usually some rule about being "classified". In ALMS for example, if you finish more than 70% of the race distance, and you finish in a position to get points, then you get the points even if you wreck. Now, these are always timed races, but I think the principle holds.
I didn't have a good day at all, on lap 2 my pedals decided to only report about 87% acceleration, I did pull over and unplug the wheel but this only helped for about 3 laps.

I putted along to the finish but was hoping to race not just lap.

I would like to say that many of you came out for practice sessions over the last 2 weeks, we at NASSA are happy to be able to organize and assist these practice races for the OLFS, and in MHO it really helped this race. Lots of racers found the limits of thier cars and were able to better race on Sunday.

We will be running a tune up event for the LX4 this Sunday Mar 26th so watch the boards, and as always a big TY to all who work to make this League what it is today.

Take care
I seem to get worse and worse, the more I drive... :/

In the lag-lap, I almost hit danowat (boy, he had a fast start), and in the race, I've done almost the same... Almost, because I then hit him... I don't know if I caused any damage (seems that I didn't), but I spun out, taking the last place, just to overtake Ant a few seconds already... Then it went ok, I was catching up to the field, but then, in the 4th lap, I spun out again (my own fault, no other involved) and damaged my car so bad I couldn't continue...

I don't know, it's not much fun knowing you're fast enough, but in the end just messing up the whole race by some stupid mistakes that aren't necessary... I'll blame it on being nervous (I really am before every event), do you guys have any advice on that?
I seem to remember getting hit a few times, no bother though, its racing and stuff happens, I still went on and had a good race

As for being nervous? nah, I just tell myself this, as long as I am not last, who cares, its all just for fun after all

Dan,
I had a bad race in pool 3. I didn't give Powerslave enough space when he was recovering from an incident on the final corner of lap 1, moved wide to avoid him and got caught by Ant (UK), which sent me rearwards into the kerb. End of suspension and race! My fault though . Thankfully nobody else was damaged.

I have enjoyed many practice sessions on NASSA though, for which I would like to thank the organisers and fellow racers. I've only been racing with LFS since the tail end of 2005, so each car and track in OLFS is new to me. This makes the practice sessions more necessary for me than most.

LX4 looks sensitive. I can see there being a few spins in the races, but at least the run off areas are huge
Not to bring up a dog subject but there are other LFS racing series that allow pitting on the first lap for such instances as complained about here.

S.C.O.R.E. has adopted this and I have seen another but I haven't participated with them.

This helps keep the number of racers on the track in cars that do not cause others to lose time every time they would lap that damaged car. (Guess How I know about that one)
The LFS Simulator already penalizes the car pitting in any multiplayer race buy starting them on LAP ONE no matter how many laps and time passed that the leaders have run.

I like this rule OLFSL has: We don't have a lot of rules, it's mostly common sense and fair play.

Here's some good NAL rules:
>Race restarts will only take place if three or more cars are damaged before the entire field has completed the first lap.
>Intentional collisions seeking a restart for any reason will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification.
>Drivers who do not finish the race will be credited in order of number of laps completed.
>If the race distance is completed after a disconnection, the driver will be placed accordingly.

The last one seems to indicate you can come back and finish after a disconnect. I may be wrong on that?? Once the leaders cross the finish everyone crossing is scored.

I would like for damaged cars to be allowed to pit NO MATTER where they are in a race as LFS already penalizes them. Much better than the time I lost in this event trying to get around a damaged car cleanly.

I think the alowance made by the staff (reset) was a very good decesion based on the track and type vehicle. It followed their very good rule. We don't have a lot of rules, it's mostly common sense and fair play.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG