The online racing simulator
Round 6: Drivers' Meeting
Hello drivers and managers!

As I'm sure you're aware, KY3R presents a few unique challenges. I think this race could go either way--it's a wide open track that could produce a clean, SC-free race, but it also has a few choke points (T1 complex, oval chicane) that could cause major chaos. I really want to urge everyone to put in some extensive practice to simply familiarize yourself with these corners and become comfortable going through them. With some luck, we can avoid the latter scenario and have a good time out there.

Some things to consider regarding this round:

1. Oval chicane. I'm sure everyone is aware of the diabolical nature of this corner, and the fact that it can be cut to gain substantial time, both on the entry and exit. While cutting in this manner will almost certainly destroy your suspension over a race stint, in qualifying it can get you an ill-earned pole. Therefore, we have built into the race layout a terribly clever cutting detection system. There are five red poles at both apexes of the chicane (and also at T1 and the final turn). These poles will be monitored during qualifying by at least two admins. Any car that strikes one of these poles (or travels through a gap in the poles made by another car) will have its lap disallowed. The admins will record the car number and timestamp of each such event to ensure fairness and transparency. So learn the clean line and drive smart.

2. T1 complex. The turn 1 complex at KY3R is a naturally difficult section of track--it's downhill, off-camber, full of balance-upsetting curbs, and generally very slippery. Funneling 27 cars into such a turn could lead to quite a mess, so, as ever, I urge extreme caution in the opening laps. We've been pretty good about avoiding T1 accidents so far this season and I'd like to see that continue.

3. Pit exit. As was the case at Westhill, the pit exit here is rather unfortunately placed--directly on the racing line. We therefore ask that if you're passing the pit exit on-track during normal pitting periods, you be extremely careful to watch for yellow flags and to watch the mini-map for cars that may be exiting ahead of you. Cars exiting the pits during the race have the right of way in the pit exit lane, and hitting them will be your fault, not theirs. However, during qualifying the car exiting the pits must yield to the cars on-track.

Race Info:
  • There will be NO WIND for this round, as the forecast for Kyoto, Japan calls for light wind.
  • There will be a minimum of 1 lap per SC period this round.
  • The password for this round will be the same as for previous rounds. New teams will be notified via PM.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG