The online racing simulator
Test Patch Y24
(173 posts, closed, started )
Quote from GeForz :...Boxes are like 5% of screen height and 10% of screen width and they stay relative to the screen size. You can proof that very easy by switching to windowed mode (shift+f4) and resizing the window to 5:10 and 10:5 ratios...

That's a good point. I do run LFS windowed, although it's in whatever aspect ratio it gives me, not resized. I'll have to try that fullscreen sometime.
i like this patch ^^
Quote from GTA_Racer07 :Installation of this patch is not possible because I need rights on this new pc from my dad for it ... (to install files). Is there any other way? (Got patch Y)

Somaone said that you can avoid this limitation by instaling the game in your user folder (my documents)
Bug in Y24
I found a small bug in Y24. In Y it's OK.

FPS / clock overlaps the keys panel, see the screenshot.
Attached images
bug.jpg
In my Y24 game the FPS hide when I'm in Shift+U menu. I tried with it in the left and into the right.

Maybe it is related to the language?
Quote from Whiskey :In my Y24 game the FPS hide when I'm in Shift+U menu. I tried with it in the left and into the right.

Maybe it is related to the language?

I tried it with other languages and there's the same result
-
(robps) DELETED by robps
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
-
(AndroidXP) DELETED by AndroidXP
-
(robps) DELETED by robps
LFS freezing
LFS keeps freezing my whole computer (mouse and other programs included) in single player, not sure why. It freezes for about 10 seconds then unfreezes, then refreezes and repeats if I stay on the track. I tried getting latest video driver off NVIDIA's site, hasn't helped. I have Windows XP SP3 and LFS Y24 but have noticed it in Y22 too. I tried fresh installing LFS (then patching to Y24) and it happens in that too. It hasn't happened in multiplayer, only singleplayer. Doesn't happen during the menus but happens only while I'm on the track. I'm still trying it while I type this and it seems only certain cars do it. LX4, LX6, RB4, so far do it while XFG and MRT don't do it.
What's important is to know if it happens with Y (normal one )
I haven't tried with Y yet (never used to happen in Y), but I will check. I just managed to capture everything with Fraps, and noticed after it cycles a few freezes and unfreezes, the car blinks like it's reloading itself (using in-car view) - the "body" of the car disappears and you see the "bones" of the car for a split second as it reloads. Fraps actually didn't capture that though, might have to do it with a camera. I'll go try Y now.

edit: Yep, happens in Y also. Any ideas?

edit2: Doesn't happen in Vista; there must be something on XP but I can't figure out what. I've tried closing everything even. Is XP SP3 to blame?

Managed to get a screenshot: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/592/screen1ru7.jpg This sometimes happens after like 5-10 freezes, but not always. There's some black line going up from the back of the car and don't know what the white thing is. I ended up getting out of fullscreen and my car went back to normal, so couldn't get any other shots.

Just had it happen in multiplayer too and it loses connection by the time I unfreeze.
Hello im having the same problem as a few others with could not load font but im on XP wat could be the problem my other computer (vista) works fine

edit it works fine now
Quote from Whiskey :Somaone said that you can avoid this limitation by instaling the game in your user folder (my documents)

Still doesn't work, its still got blocked ... (and i'm talking about patch y > y24)
Quote from GTA_Racer07 :Still doesn't work, its still got blocked ... (and i'm talking about patch y > y24)

do you have a flash drive? If so put lfs on it and use it that way.
OMG, can't you just ask your dad for that stupid permission? This is really getting ridiculous and it has nothing to do with this test patch, sorry...
Quote from pauliaK :OMG, can't you just ask your dad for that stupid permission? This is really getting ridiculous and it has nothing to do with this test patch, sorry...

Got a bad day or so? Relax man, anyway, my dad thinks lfs caused a virus or even hard disc crash and thats why he won't give permission.
And what does your private problem have to do with the test patch? Nothing, so please stop the offtopic spam.
Off topic post:
Quote from tigerboyz :Managed to get a screenshot: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/592/screen1ru7.jpg This sometimes happens after like 5-10 freezes, but not always. There's some black line going up from the back of the car and don't know what the white thing is. I ended up getting out of fullscreen and my car went back to normal, so couldn't get any other shots.

You could try
1) using memtest to test your ram (google for it)
2) download latest direct-x from M$ and re-install
3) drop down the acceleration on the gfx card and test it (found in display properties:settings:advanced:troubleshoot)
4) unplug certain peripherals like memcard readers etc.
5) etc.

ps. Can a moderator cleanup off topic posts more often, thanks.
ANYONE GOT fRAPS LOW fps WHEn recording with Y24 patch ??!! , it seems like it limits itself to 10fps, i use patch Y without test patch and it works fine

anyone got an idea ??

thx
Buy a better PC , or set the skies to 16 bit
Quote from Nicocrank :ANYONE GOT fRAPS LOW fps WHEn recording with Y24 patch ??!! , it seems like it limits itself to 10fps, i use patch Y without test patch and it works fine

anyone got an idea ??

thx

It works here. Try to set LFS to 16 bit (not just the skies).
In Aston Track there are pieces of scenery that become visible later that they should, leaving very noteable white holes

(my resolution is 1600*1200, level of detail 0.57)
Attached images
lfs_00000057.jpg
No offense and I would like it fixed as well someday, but this problem also occurs in Y standard release so it is not a Y+ patch specific bug.

version Y0 - 1680x1050 x Level Of Detail 1.0
Attached images
whiteblock.jpg
n/t The above post apparently is the same bug as in the post preceding it.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y24
(173 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG