The online racing simulator
Race 6 - Aston Grand Touring
Sorry can't make it for the race as i don't finnish work until 8.30.
So good luck to every one and have a great race, see you next time.
JWARDY.
I wont be driving in this cup anymore, sorry. I'm taking a break from LFS.
My race could be better I think. Found myself in a good starting place but couldn't keep up with that, even with less fuel (the only one to stop for fuel lol). So I was losing positions untill I found myself in nineth, and that's where I ended.

I think I had a decent speed, could even be possible to follow Dan (btw how do you do those starts? Jumped ahead of me and Loco I guess on both laglap and the real one heheh).. but I find really hard to be consistent on the LX6. In the end the pitstop made no difference as I was already in nineth when I pitted.

But good race overall, some fights in the first laps. Sorry to Riceburner for the bump, I guess that took us out of the fight for better positions. :/

And congrats Dave on the win, what a performance!
Stats and replay are now online on the LXO website.
Interesting race, didn't think I would be anywhere near as good as I was, so I am happy with finishing 7th, thought riceburner was going to catch me, but managed to keep enough gap between us.

As for my starts, I just feather the clutch a slight amount
Quote from de Souza :Sorry to Riceburner for the bump, I guess that took us out of the fight for better positions. :/

No problem, that was not completely your fault. I nearly lost control without any contact, so you could not really see on which side you can overtake. Normal race crash I think, bad luck for both of us.

Second half of the race I tried to close the gap to danowat by hard pushing but he could go same speed all the time.
Firstly, I forgot the race was starting 30 mins earlier than normal so I missed qualifying, but that's my own fault. So starting at the back I knew it would be an interesting race. First lap I had to get familiar with the combo, as well as trying to safely pass drivers, and then it was a matter of trying to close the (5/6 second) gap to troy and leprekaun. Unfortunately for lep he flipped at the chicane as troy passed him in the previous hairpin, but this meant I only had troy to catch up to. The gap seemed to take forever to close, as troy was pretty solid, but I eventually caught and passed him after 45 mins in or so for the win.
You are quite a naturally talented racer Dave, ya bastard!!!!
I've uploaded and updated most important information (championship standings, penalties), the race report however may take a bit longer then usual because we need to practice for an 12h endurance race this week - hope you'll understand this.
Take your time, race report 5 can last a bit longer for me .

Best of luck for the 12h race guys! When and where will it take place and will there be any coverage?
Sorry, I don't know about coverage at this point, but at least some kind of ticker should be running I guess. Race will be held at Aston North this Saturday starting at 08:30 UTC - you can find the (in German only) info thread here.
As said, sorry for the delay, but the race report is now online at the LXO webpage.
Good stuff.

Race 6 - Aston Grand Touring
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG