The online racing simulator
Event 7 Aston GP,XRR+FZR
The longest configuration of Aston.8.8 km lenght.XRR or FZR???They both have same weight,same horse power,power-weight is same also,but engines not.XRR is 2.0 turbo charged inline 4,FZR 3.6 flat 6,and FZR is faster than XRR,but my choice will be XRR.It has sequential gearbox with ignition cut,it has turbo charger,i love the sound of turbo.And i found it that is,at least for me,easier to control XRR.All that power in FZR flips me around

FWD in previous combo spoiled me,must practice RWD in corners,easy on throttle,and that's gonna be fine.

So,I will choose XRR.
#2 - Gil07
Any specific reason why this race is about twice as long in duration as the previous one?
i think its pretty cool its longere ...
Quote from Gil07 :Any specific reason why this race is about twice as long in duration as the previous one?

Yes, we are not called The Only Short Races Live For Speed League.
Last race was 2 short for me,i needed maybe 3 or 4 laps more
This is gonna be "endurance" race.Also thinks that is cool that race is so long (hmmmm....35 laps * 8.8 km = 308 km).
#6 - Gil07
Xrr for me too. I can't control fzr at all and have some exxperience from Xrchallange back in 2007 so i'll go with xrr - i hope for low p2 time as i know fzr's aliens will be much higher in quali.
Quote from ivantod :The longest configuration of Aston.8.8 km lenght.XRR or FZR???They both have same weight,same horse power,power-weight is same also,but engines not.XRR is 2.0 turbo charged inline 4,FZR 3.6 flat 6,and FZR is faster than XRR,but my choice will be XRR.It has sequential gearbox with ignition cut,it has turbo charger,i love the sound of turbo.And i found it that is,at least for me,easier to control XRR.All that power in FZR flips me around

FWD in previous combo spoiled me,must practice RWD in corners,easy on throttle,and that's gonna be fine.

So,I will choose XRR.

Crap... I have not driven the FZR yet, but liked the sound when I watched the world record, so I decided then that - FZR it is . Now you're saying it's a beast. I have driven the XRR once, on a track, in another league, a couple of weeks ago, and had no major trouble with that one.

I will give the FZR a go and see how I can handle it . I like a challenge, if it's not too big .
#9 - Luiii
I'll drive the FZR, too. I already did 10 Laps with it and my opinion is, that it is a real great feeling. The last two races have been too slow for me. I like the speed

I don't have a problem with the race length. This track is really a highspeed track. Just think about the time you spend on the throttle
It is really fun to drive this car and this track, but there is one problem: I need a lot of experience with both. So hopefully I'll manage to do around 2000 test kilometres to get a place in pool 4. It's my goal for the first season to gain good positions in P4
I did some testlaps today. with both cars. but I cant decide at the moment. XRR is easier to handle but seems to be a little bit slower than the FZR. I hope in a position in Pool 4, too. we will see..

maybe someone can post a setup for the XRR for some drivers like me..

but anyway the funfactor is in OLFS League huge.. Thanks to the admins on this way..

bye see us on track..

Braker..
I've managed to put in a test session now. Found a setup on LFS Setup Field for FZR and after almost 20 laps I've managed a 2:45. I also tried the XRR for a couple of laps, but dont have a setup for that one, so for now I'm actually more stable with the FZR... Unfortenately my job is trying to kill me at the moment, which is a one off. Normally I can glide through my working hours, but lately Oracle (the database) has been throwing me curve balls way often than normal... This has meant much less energy to simrace :-( .

Still, got one practice session under my belt, and my first run ever with the FZR is now complete.
#12 - Dac
hi, i just joined OLFSL yesterday and noticed the race. im going to be using the FZR as its FR which i much prefer. im practicing on the conedodgers at AS national for now to get a feel for the car. im used to racing BF1's on AS nat, can get a 1:24:24 in race set and with no force feedback. so with my momo hopefully arriving this week id like to do well at AS GP.

few questions though, how do you log onto the server? i cant see it in the master server list. also what time is the actual race? when is qualifying? also can somebody point me to a set please.

thanks,
Welcome to OLFSL Dac!

Qualifying is typically open until the Thursday 18:00 GMT before the race date scheduled in the OLFSL calendar. Note that you have a maximum of 12 laps (actually first split crosses) in the OLFSL Qualifying Server to set your lap, but you can practice offline or elsewhere at your leasure.

Races are held on Sundays from 16:00 GMT onwards, your exact race time will depend on the Pool you qualified in. The pools/grids and corresponding times are usually published on the Friday evening before the race date.

(currently the clock at the top right of the website (when logged in) shows 5 days and 4 hours remaining for qualifying).

The Qualifying Server is OLFSL Qual (shown in green in the server list).

Solar Hydro

Quote from Dac :how do you log onto the server? i cant see it in the master server list. also what time is the actual race? when is qualifying? also can somebody point me to a set please.
thanks,

Quote from Solar Hydro :The Qualifying Server is OLFSL Qual (shown in green in the server list).

Dac, you may not be able to see the server as it might be empty, make sure you have the display empty servers tab enabled.
#16 - Dac
hey thanks for the replys guys! im looking forward to starting my online race career

i managed to log onto the server and do a lap. 2:51:42 in the FZR. ive switched cars as i dont think i could stand the noise of the XRR (got the name wrong in previous post! thought RR stood for Rear engined Rear wheel drive) for 35 laps lol.

will start practicing see if i can get a 2:45.
Interesting video - probably cos I'm morbid but I was expecting the Williams to crash at the end.
woah... I'm running out of time and need a lot of practise
#19 - Dac
whats so good about the ignition cut? you are planning on finishing the race right :P
Well,with ignition cut i don't bother to move my foot off accelerator pedal while upshifting
#21 - Dac
Quote from Solar Hydro :Welcome to OLFSL Dac!

Qualifying is typically open until the Thursday 18:00 GMT before the race date scheduled in the OLFSL calendar. Note that you have a maximum of 12 laps (actually first split crosses) in the OLFSL Qualifying Server to set your lap, but you can practice offline or elsewhere at your leasure.

Races are held on Sundays from 16:00 GMT onwards, your exact race time will depend on the Pool you qualified in. The pools/grids and corresponding times are usually published on the Friday evening before the race date.

(currently the clock at the top right of the website (when logged in) shows 5 days and 4 hours remaining for qualifying).

The Qualifying Server is OLFSL Qual (shown in green in the server list).

Solar Hydro

im now on a 2:47 and right behind you! (Dean Carr). im happy with my time but at 9 seconds behind the leader i think theres alot of improvement to be done.
Leader is currently WR holder,not current,but he will upload his HL just after this race.I saw his HL before he delete it

#23 - Dac
thats a crazy time.
Quote from ivantod :Leader is currently WR holder,not current,but he will upload his HL just after this race.I saw his HL before he delete it

And it is not even the fastest time he did
silence infidels!
-
(ivantod) DELETED by ivantod : OT

Event 7 Aston GP,XRR+FZR
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG