The online racing simulator
Event 6, Fern Bay Gold, XFR+UFR
I made very big mistake,go to qual without practice,do all 12 laps,learning the combo.This will be my lesson,practice first,then do the qual

Let me here what you m8s think about this combo?????

I am fresh S2 licenced driver,but don't worry and don't underestimate my skills

Cya on track
#2 - t1ger
Hi ivantod,

Good to have you onboard!

I'm sorry you got caught out by the 12 lap limit, hopefully it will not ruin your experience any and you will be ready to Qualify properly for the next event.

Enjoy your race.
Tim
#3 - soucy
Anyone got a good XFR Set?
#4 - Luiii
Oh man, this will get a really hard race. I don't even know how I shall complete these 35 Laps.

I made a break of 4 days now (because I had an inline-hockey tournament) and came back on track yesterday. It was unbelievable: I pulverized my own PB and made my first 1:24.xx laps. Did my first 4 qualy laps yesterday and still got a 1:24.9x. So today I'll do some practise - laps and then I'll do the next 4 qualifying laps.

I don't like this track and the car isn't my favorite, too, but this time my laptimes aren't that worse
#6 - soucy
I'm even managing to turn R3's red. But R4's eventually cool down which is a problem. Which is the lesser of 2 evils??!
My UFR and the elk test
I'm new in this league, and started driving LFS in January this year, and have now a pretty good feel of the cars, but...

Am I the only one having trouble not flipping the car in T..., lets see; first we have T1 (slow right hander), T2 and T3 (the chicane), T4 (double left hander), and T5 (fast full throttle right hander). Yes that's the one, the T5. Am I the only one getting the car flipped in this corner without touching the curbs? It feels as if there is a small bump that starts it. It happens every second or third lap...

My qual time yesterday was a 1:24.6 after just doing halv an hour practice with the UFR on this track. I have driven this track once before, but with the MRT (1.6 s from WR), and I have driven the UFR before but on WE1 (1.2 a from WR).

I'm starting to wonder how the UFR will do in the (famous?) swedish elk test . The one that flipped the Mercedes A-klasse a couple of years ago.
Swedish Elk test + UFR + FE Gold = roof
Quote from leifchriand :
Am I the only one having trouble not flipping the car in T...,

Hi leifchriand, and welcome to the league. I trust you will enjoy yourself with us.

I have not put the car on its roof in your T5, and I don't think I am scared of doing, however now you have sewn a seed of thought, I expect to do just that on lap 1! I have put the XFR on its roof in T1 and the last chicane coming back onto the start finish straight.

Things can only get worse from here.....

Tim
Quote from t1ger :Hi leifchriand, and welcome to the league. I trust you will enjoy yourself with us.

I have not put the car on its roof in your T5, and I don't think I am scared of doing, however now you have sewn a seed of thought, I expect to do just that on lap 1! I have put the XFR on its roof in T1 and the last chicane coming back onto the start finish straight.

Things can only get worse from here.....

Tim

Well, now I have unbolted my seat and drilled some new holes on the right side of the car and bolted the seat there, and now I can go lap after lap without flipping . I also have 20% less ARB's, front and rear. I dont flip in T5 anymore, though... Lessening (dont know if that's a word even, but since I'm swedish I guess I can get away with it ) the ARB's I guess is helping because the load transfer will take longer and the springs will take the force instead of flipping the car. Not sure my logic here is sane though .

I also improved my lap times, and are now doing 1:24.0 in race condition - Excellent ! R2 rear, R3 in front. They seem to keep the temperature, barely. Hopefully they will cool down during the end of the race. I have increased the tyre pressure, and lowered the camber at the rear. Compared to the WR-setup, that is.
Sunday is a race day,and I wish Good Luck to all racers!!!! Cya m8s on the track!
Quote from horrgakx :I'm even managing to turn R3's red. But R4's eventually cool down which is a problem. Which is the lesser of 2 evils??!

Same probleme here. I've started driving LFS again 2 weeks ago after a long break. Till now i can't handle it to drive the complete distance with R3 ... so i probably will drive with R4's on the front wheels ... i think this is the lesser evil then burning my R3's within 10 rounds
I've tried twice this morning to go the full race distance offline in order to see what happens to the tyres. However both times I ended up on my roof before 20 laps

I did find that the R4's go off after about half distance, the grip level drops off quite significantly. I think there's no choice (for me) but to change tyres at half distance in the pit stop, trying to look after them will help but will reduce pace by about 1 second per lap.

However this seems to be yet another race that I'll be pleased simply to finish rather than retire.
Well as you MUST do a pit stop, why not take your R3's and change them in the pits?
I just drove 35 laps,with UFR and R3's on front,with small caution,they can last for all 35 laps,and my lap times were from 1:27xx to 1:25.430 (PB).
Interesting, thanks for that.
After all that, all the time I put in within the game and shuffled real events around the race... I fell asleep! Race has been underway for 50 mins now, and I slept through the whole thing!!! FFS.
Quote from horrgakx :After all that, all the time I put in within the game and shuffled real events around the race... I fell asleep! Race has been underway for 50 mins now, and I slept through the whole thing!!! FFS.

The race is ongoing (see site and pass, you can come spec), sorry to hear, sleep = good :-)

Solar Hydro
All the server mayhem meant I had no prerace practice, not done any laps since last week so was a bit rusty.
Had a good start, and first few laps. Went to overtake Wakey and cars touched, freaky bit of collision detection sent his car rolling like crazy, silly UFR's! Sorry Wakey.

Later on hit the chicane and flipped over, landed on wheels so kept going. Clutch overheated, tried to cool it but it wouldn't work, so, spectated. - bugger.
Was doing so fine ... climbing ranks up and then after a little mistake i was flipped over by another racer who didn't brake

Frustrating ... when will the replays be available? ... Forgot to save my own replay and i want to review the situation.
Replay Pool 5

Good race.Sorry for all who didn't finish it.
@ GVRc Steel - sorry for small contact in 7th lap,i let U to go in front me,hope that U realize that (CRC Rules)

@[ZION] Firebee - Tnx mate on understanding and letting me to grab forward,you let me 2 times to pass you. ,but i don't have time to overtake the 9th + my car was wrecked.

Lol ,I flip over in 7th lap on the bridge,but have luck to fall down on wheels,and manage to go to pit stop,on only one wheel,there's been only one group of drivers behind,overlaping me,but I didn't opstruct them,they see smashed car and must be thinkin': "OMG what that dude is doin' "

I'm so happy that I finished on 10th place,from the back of the "caravan" on Fern Bay.This was my first S2 official race.
CYA on the next race
Worst race for me so far (worse than the ones I couldn't make it to ) On the live start I drove into Steel, got caught by almost everyone behind me and than couldn't overtake the two IRT lads...

That said, the two or three laps I did do were bloody good fun. Thanks again to the OLFSL guys and SonicRealms for the server...

Just wish I had a bit better luck in this, my favourite, car in what I have always deemed a challenging track for me... and all with a setup I have spent weeks working on, it was well within a 1:25 on friday evening....

EDIT:
Oh and for the guys running R4s, I ran 35 laps this morning on R2s, getting a touch warm (starting to to orange) however I found the car started behaving oddly so I stuck to the old R3s.... I could do 1:25s on R3s but only 1:26s on R2s...
What a great Race

I started 6th in Pool 4, so I've been scared that I'll get pushed out in turn 1. So I drove a bit more carefully and went a longer route through the turn. It seemed to be the right descision. Didn't see what happened, but suddenly I've been on 4th Position

After three laps I managed to relax my left leg a bit, cause I didn't realize, that I always have been ready to break

I slowly managed to get closer to the car in front of me and the gap backwards grew. The first 2 cars - C. Andersson and Sven Schmidt - drove constantly 1:24.xx laptimes. I managed to do some high 1:24.xx, too, but overall it mostly has been a 1:25.xx.

On lap seven I've been around 10cm behind place three. He made a small mistake in the last chicane, so that I could overtake after some slipstreaming. Then he pushed me, but I managed to make nearly no mistake. In lap 10 he suddenly got slower. I still thought that he made a mistake, but 3 laps later I overlapped him. I think he destroyed his clutch, so normally - concerning to the rules - he has to leave the track. Every third lap I had to lap this car and each time it has been a dangerous situation

On lap 20 I made my pitstop. The pitcrew had to change the right rear tire. I think this has been the right descision.

After that I drove a constant race at place three.

In Lap 34 I saw the end coming :eek: At the end of the lap the car touched a cerb and turned onto the roof. But it came back on the wheels.

The last lap maybe has been the slowest I ever drove I just drove that carefully to bring the car home... Got 3rd and were happy
Bad race for me this time. Started 13 in pool1 i think. Finished in 11 from 12 lol.

I had interesting race till something like lap 14 when i become victim of wall of death in the section where you enter the bridge. Lucky me i ended on my wheels nad went to pits for 30 sec repairs...all this costed me more than a minute so i think i lost at least 5 places in general. Even though race was bad i gained more points than in previous races so it's ok.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG