The online racing simulator
Event 4 KY2 FO8
Hi all..
unbelieveable how big the difference between the FBM and the FO8 is.. I can`t drive 3 rounds without i`m off the track... Is this only my problem or does someone else think the same?

Exist some setup which is driveable? I tried 2 hours today to build a setup to keep this car on the track. without success

but i will not give up.. ( i hope so.. )

cu

Braker
I find that the differential is crucial. For me if it is too tight I'll spin the back end round, too loose and it lights up the inside wheel. I found somewhere around 15 on the viscous diff to be about right for me.
#3 - t1ger
No, its not just you - the back end is like it is on ice for me too! Thanks horrgakx for the tip - I will try messing with that.

My qualifying setup will be very close to that used by the world record holder and will be balanced on the edge of drivable! My race set however, will be a "stuck to the ground", "couldn't spin the back around if you tried", "slow but VERY stable" set made by exaggerated tweaks of some sliders followed by a rigorous 5 minute test which will no doubt start about 4 minutes before my pool!

Tim
When does qualifying open?
I can only say ASAP
thank you for your idea with the visco diff.. it will be better.. maybe sometime i can do 10 rounds without kissing the grass...
Final call to qualify for event 4. 2 hours left - come on
Hi!

I know its late in Europe, but idlike to seewhereim at lol. IE: cant see qually page on da site sorry
Quote from PwrSlave :Hi!

I know its late in Europe, but idlike to seewhereim at lol. IE: cant see qually page on da site sorry

Quali page is inside the Race Weekend tree. If you mean the grids, then they will be available later.
No i didnt mean the grids. I as out yesterday and got home very late and a bit drunk. And as i wanted to check on my Qually position to determine what pool i might be in all i got was blank site under qually tab. But its all good now so no worries
Good Luck to all those taking part his afternoon :eclipseeh

Well my connection gave up yet again. Stupid machine. No more LFS 'till this get sorted. /rant
bah humbug, I seemed faster than a lot of people around me (low downforce I suspect) but I drove really badly and kept slipping off/around. Ended up killing my clutch - bummer.
Hello JR and all,

At some stage I was catching you fast, then it took me 2 laps of fun fighting to pass you, you had incredible straight-line power, pulling away from me even when slipstreaming!

Apologies to Andy Durn for the incident in the middle of Lap 1.

Solar Hydro (I expect to be disqualified for pitting only at the end of Lap 1).
Quote from Solar Hydro :Hello JR and all,

At some stage I was catching you fast, then it took me 2 laps of fun fighting to pass you, you had incredible straight-line power, pulling away from me even when slipstreaming!

Apologies to Andy Durn for the incident in the middle of Lap 1.

Solar Hydro (I expect to be disqualified for pitting only at the end of Lap 1).

Cheers - low downforce setting, hence sliding off track but uber fast on oval.
I started the race on R4's... Oops! Hadn't changed them from running tests on tyres. Meant I lost a lap
Pool 3 for me (wahay! equaling my highest pool ever but not my highest position)

I used R3s which I had tested on and were fine. Two minutes before the race I changed the pressures in the left hand side tyres to a higher pressure than the right side as they were getting hotter. Seemed to work OK. I started with a rear wing of about 17 and a front wing of about 13 I think. I soon realised that this was too slow as I was blown past by everyone. But finishing the race was my goal and so I carried on. Then when I pitted, I decided to change my wing settings to front: 9, rear: 10 (or something around that) and then I was able to get some decent speed. I had tried this just before the race and found myself sliding all over the place, so I changed it back before the start. On lap 20 I pitted and decided not to change my tyres so the heat that was already there would stop me from sliding with the lowered wings - however, I forgot to change it from always change my tyres, and I got four new tyres. And to top it all, I missed my pit box!

All in all, a crap race, in which I had to push hard just to be assured of last place! But looking at the points, 13th in Pool 3 is just 1/2 point less than 1st in pool 4, so I am happy.

I hate the next two cars, so I expect last pool for me!

Tim
Well i started 3rd in pool2.
Race itself was very intersting with one spin from me

No issues in pits, all went fine. Finished 6th. As i hate fo8 i think that's a great result from me.
#18 - bozo
Quote from t1ger :All in all, a crap race

I wondered why you were a little off the pace. I thought that you'd sustained damage in a lap 1 incident, but then wondered why you hadn't pitted. Setup issues explains all.

I had a lucky start. Despite practicing a few starts and getting much better, in the race I lost control of the rear and snaked around a bit before getting the thing straight. For some reason the following cars avoided me like the plague as they stormed past . Mine was the last laugh though, as I overtook everybody who got caught up in the T1 incident. With 2 more off at T3, I was up to 10th from just about last. At the start of lap 2 I caught up with Faikez (haven't raced with you for a while) and 3 other drivers in front of him. Decided an early pit was in order, so came in for a perfect stop (been practicing that) and got out 6 seconds ahead of Makao, who had entered the pit lane about 1 second behind me. I saw his pace was good (a few quickest laps) so let him through easily when he caught up with me ... why waste time when it was inevitable that he would pass.

The next 33 laps were the most consistent I think I have ever driven. 1:31s all the way, except about 3 1:30s and 1 1:32.05. It wasn't super fast, but my setup felt good (thanks for the tip re setup Tim in the other post, it worked for me). Gradually went up the order as others pitted. With about 7 laps to go I noticed somebody was catching me, but I just maintained my rythmn and stayed ahead. 4th place at the end, which was quite pleasing from my lowly qualifying position.
Quote from bozo :(thanks for the tip re setup Tim in the other post, it worked for me).

4th place at the end, which was quite pleasing from my lowly qualifying position.

I'm glad it worked for you, I knew what I meant to be doing, I just couldn't translate it to a reasonable setup which was also stable. It was just a really stable setup because it was sooooo slow.

Never mind, 13th in Pool 3 is a good result for me, so I am happy.

Well done bozo

Race Results/Stats etc will be up by Wednesday btw

Tim

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG