The online racing simulator
Offensive Number Plates
I really don't think swear words or foul language should be allowed on drivers number plates, do you??
Well if you notice any, please do report them with their username. Again, we can't monitor every plate 100% of the time.
#3 - Bean0
Plates are shown on the output of LFS Stats if you use that for results ?
Would only take 30 secs or so to check for any obvious English ones.
Quote from Bean0 :Plates are shown on the output of LFS Stats if you use that for results ?
Would only take 30 secs or so to check for any obvious English ones.

We use a custom stats prog - and I can't see plates on the current output tables, not usually a need for them really.
I think the only option to remove all "disturbing" plates would be to forbid using plates at all. Which I would gladly do since there's not much use for those. Especially when the plate used is not the same as in our database.
Well the idea is simple enough, but not sure if I want to have to tell 30 people every week when they arrive on the server to remove their plate.
Quote from russraine :Well the idea is simple enough, but not sure if I want to have to tell 30 people every week when they arrive on the server to remove their plate.

After getting stop&go penalty few times I think they'll learn

Seriously, I don't like wrong driver names in our database either, but it seems futile trying to force people update their profile to one they use. I would not want to make this an issue...
Quote from anttt69 :I really don't think swear words or foul language should be allowed on drivers number plates, do you??

So did you actually see an offensive plate in our league?

I recommend taking down their username and reporting it. I don't think we need a big rule about it, it's common sense. If someone reports an offensive plate we'll take action.
Quote from russraine :Well if you notice any, please do report them with their username. Again, we can't monitor every plate 100% of the time.

omg , who hosted pool 3 & then filled in pool 3's results??
Do you guys even read the results that you spend your time putting on the site?

It's not like he changes his plate every race either. It's been like that for months. Oh & if you still fail to spot the offender his name is mensafest.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'disturbing' but I dont think swear words should be allowed.
Hehe.. I constantly feel more offended by your commentary on different subjects - but hey, maybe I'm blind to your good thoughts and war against wrongdoing.

Do you feel "wtf" is not faul language - would it be allowed by your moral quidelines to say "eat s**t" then? Everyone would still know what it means, even though there are some letters missing.

But before this gets even more personal - OLFSL rules state:

Penalties apply for the following:
The use of bad language

Therefore I'll contact the member in question to change his plate. Thanks for being our eyes and ears on the internet - we truly can not quarantee to be able to read all the details in the results and we must rely on some parts to Your sportsmanship.
Quote from varjsa-9 :Hehe.. I constantly feel more offended by your commentary on different subjects - but hey, maybe I'm blind to your good thoughts and war against wrongdoing.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm only trying help.

I will change my wtf to an omg.
I do agree with S.varjonen [PM] Ant, in future please bring things up in a more friendly manner. Aggressive messages will always rile people up.

Once again, our stats prog does not output plates, so we would not have spotted this. I'm sure in future all hosts will watch more closely.
Quote from russraine :Well if you notice any, please do report them with their username. Again, we can't monitor every plate 100% of the time.

Every time the grids & results are published it was plain to see.

Quote from russraine :We use a custom stats prog - and I can't see plates on the current output tables, not usually a need for them really.

Good idea to check your work. (my teacher always told me that)

Quote from russraine :Well the idea is simple enough, but not sure if I want to have to tell 30 people every week when they arrive on the server to remove their plate.

No need its there on the site for all to see.

Quote from russraine :So did you actually see an offensive plate in our league?

I recommend taking down their username and reporting it. I don't think we need a big rule about it, it's common sense. If someone reports an offensive plate we'll take action.

This was point where I blew my top. *calms self* Can't you see Russ, how all of these comments just fueled my response/wound me up.

Quote from russraine :I do agree with S.varjonen [PM] Ant, in future please bring things up in a more friendly manner. Aggressive messages will always rile people up.

You were the trigger & I cant even tell you why. I hope you can see how annoying your blind posts were when I read them.

I did'nt mean mean to come across as aggressive (more frustrated than anything else) & I was only trying to help .
I'm afraid Ant, even though your comments seem rational, they are not.

Let me explain.

Every time the grids & results are published it was plain to see.

The fact is we haven't up until now been thinking about checking plates. We do have a hell of a lot of other stuff to do that check 150 plates after every race. If you want to become a staff member and take over that role then please feel free.

No need its there on the site for all to see.

You didn't understand my point - lets take the extreme argument that 25 racers show up all with rude plates - as the host I would have to ask them all to change them before the race starts, so what happens if some people refuse, I would have to kick them from the server or what? Your point about them being up on the site makes no sense because you can change the plate in the game at any time in the options. You may not have noticed but the site uses the plates we have on record in the profile page, these are outdated and don't match the ones in game. I could change my plates in game right now and next time on the results, it would still display my old one because that my profile page says. If you expect us to check every plate during the race as well as the results then I'm afraid you think we obviously have much more time than we do.

So once more to explain: If I went into LFS now and changed my plate to f**k, after the results in race 4 the results would show my plate as being VEGAN, this is because this is what the sites thinks my plate is, the OLFSL database and LFS are not linked, so you and anyone looking at the results will not plainly be able to see I have a rude plate. This scenario could obviously be the other way around too, a rude Profile plate and a clean in game one. We do not have any magical powers to stop this sort of thing from happening, we could make a rule sure, but then we have rules about clean driving but it doens't mean it will always happen. So the overwhelming thing is if someone sees a rude plate when driving in an OLFSL race they should report it, if you seriously expect us to check every plate at every race then you have another thing coming.

Can't you see Russ, how all of these comments just fueled my response/wound me up.
Nope. But can you see how much you're p**sing me off right now?

Well to me is a question of what is offensive. Surely you will thikn wtf is he on about, but for instance, if somebody has "****" written on da plate, to me it is silly bcz it means its a **** in da car. To others, it may seem offensive and we would end up with a problem. Also, "a Bitch" has multiple meanings to it, one beeing a female dog, and the other is much more known. I say let them have on the plates whatever they want, if they have so little imagination but to put some "bad" words on let it be . But thats just me, plz dont get me wrong, to me it is irrelevant what they have on the plate and what not.

EDIT: lol, i didnt know this forum filters out bad words. the "****" is meant to be a "Cu*t"
Quote from russraine : if you seriously expect us to check every plate at every race then you have another thing coming.

Did I say that?

What I thought would be sensible is: when one of your league racers reports an offensive number plate it might be an idea to glance at the grid list & actually look first.

all this bold text feels like you are 'shouting' at me & I really dont think it is necessary.
Quote from anttt69 :Did I say that?

Actually you did say that we should go through the results we use our time. This is not really important, what is in my opinion important can be read between lines in the following:

---------------

Question:
I really don't think swear words or foul language should be allowed on drivers number plates, do you??

Answer 1:
Well if you notice any, please do report them with their username. Again, we can't monitor every plate 100% of the time.

Answer 2:
So did you actually see an offensive plate in our league?

Reply and required information:
omg , who hosted pool 3 & then filled in pool 3's results??
Do you guys even read the results that you spend your time putting on the site?

It's not like he changes his plate every race either. It's been like that for months. Oh & if you still fail to spot the offender his name is mensafest.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'disturbing' but I dont think swear words should be allowed.

---------------

Quote from anttt69 :What I thought would be sensible is: when one of your league racers reports an offensive number plate it might be an idea to glance at the grid list & actually look first.

What I honestly think would be sensible is; when one of our league racers reports an offensive plate (or anything else that he feels offensive) it would be a really good idea to inform us whos plate (etc) you feel offensive. That would save us all a lot of time, including yourself.

You see above? If you had posted - or preferrably emailed - the members name who had that offending plate instead of vague question if offending plates should be allowed, the matter would have been solved much faster. And it would not have been too difficult either, ehh?
Oh, and I would like to consider this deal done now - please.

The offensive plate has been changed and we are all happy puppies now
Yup I agree - you should close this thread Mr V.

Offensive Number Plates
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG