The online racing simulator
Yea, this certainly doesn't make a cheater out of these guys, as to the letter of the rules it's not quite clear whether it's allowed, I personally translated it as "only drive on the track part of the track" but I'm not a hot-lapper and as such wouldn't have noticed that the apron there is allowed by HLVC.

It's an odd one, I guess because the FBM is quite low powered and the track is primarily made for much higher speeds? What sort of times are we speaking? How much does this save? /I am away from the LFS PC/
It is common sence and fairness; it is not meant to be racing on it, and ppl should understand that, especially if they were watching some racing, or were racing fans or whatever. Its pure disgrace even cosidering cheating on a such low degree.
Quote from PwrSlave :It is common sence and fairness; it is not meant to be racing on it, and ppl should understand that, especially if they were watching some racing, or were racing fans or whatever. Its pure disgrace even cosidering cheating on a such low degree.

+1
Quote from migf1 :I don't know why you are so aggressive, I don't even know if you have even tried using the apron to judge for youself whether it helps you or not to improve your laptimes.

Accusing me for "wishful thinking", although I supported what I said, although I have suggested to use layouts in tonight's races, although I DO NOT take part in the OLFSL, although I suggested ways to close the loophole, is not really a wise argument, not even a smart one.

I don't think we need to use any layouts tonight, people will report others that use the apron mid race - we can punish cheaters after the race as usual.
Quote from Kamrock :Yea, this certainly doesn't make a cheater out of these guys, as to the letter of the rules it's not quite clear whether it's allowed, I personally translated it as "only drive on the track part of the track" but I'm not a hot-lapper and as such wouldn't have noticed that the apron there is allowed by HLVC.

+1
Most hotlappers already know that the apron is allowed by HLVC on KY2. On top of that all the previous years OLFSL's quals where done via hotlapping, and I think that's the reason why the rules still state that HLVC is the norm. It must have slipped the OLFSL stuff attention to change them (if they ever intended to change them, that is).

Quote :It's an odd one, I guess because the FBM is quite low powered and the track is primarily made for much higher speeds? What sort of times are we speaking? How much does this save? /I am away from the LFS PC/

In my testings, it may give 1 to 2 tenths but not easily... you really have to try, being very-very careful and steady with your lines, otherwise you end-up with worst laptimes. But Rocabiliz also tested it and found out that it doesn't improve his laptimes, on the contrary he said the apron was ruining his laptimes.
(it's all written above btw)

PS. @anttt: I have already said how, I have even quoted it in my previous post. Current OLFSL rules state that the racing lines are dictated by HLVC validity.
Quote from PwrSlave :It is common sence and fairness; it is not meant to be racing on it, and ppl should understand that, especially if they were watching some racing, or were racing fans or whatever. Its pure disgrace even cosidering cheating on a such low degree.

absolutely +1

The thing I cannot understand is why the admin refuse to punish anyone even when clear evidence is given to them??
Quote from migf1 :

PS. @anttt: I have already said how, I have even quoted it in my previous post. Current OLFSL rules state that the racing lines are dictated by HLVC validity.

You've said nothing, infact you never even bothered to answer my question. Futhermore you accuse me of being unwise & stupid.

FYI: Current OLFSL rules state that the racing line must be taken as layed out by the track. You have no argument & I find your response both rude & offensive.
Quote from anttt69 :absolutely +1

The thing I cannot understand is why the admin refuse to punish anyone even when clear evidence is given to them??

The whole league is being given a first warning, replays from the auto save function on the server have been stored and repeat offenders will be dealt with. Simple as that.
Well let's hear some comments from first pools.

I was racing in pool 2 today. Started 12th and finished 2nd

Some very nice close battles. I enjoyed that one.
Quote from anttt69 :You've said nothing, infact you never even bothered to answer my question. Futhermore you accuse me of being unwise & stupid.

FYI: Current OLFSL rules state that the racing line must be taken as layed out by the track. You have no argument & I find your response both rude & offensive.

Ok then, I'm sorry I tried to help fixing the rules' ambiguity for the future.
I had a great race, had a very long first stint and leap frogged into second place, then engine damage struck and my speed really dropped, 3rd place guy over took me, then spun and took me off track and down into 6th place - pretty peed off about that. Over all though I deserved second or third and I'm pleased with my performance, had some good battles too whilst leading with Andy behind.
Pool1 was, well everybody found their place at the end, and was lapping it to finish. A also destroyed my engine and what not, and 1 spin in first sector cost me additional time, but at the end a decent 8th place and i can say im happy about it all. Cant wait for next one to put us all in something more "manly" lol.

Btw, congrats to all the winnerz, and all that hosted.
Quote from russraine :I had a great race, had a very long first stint and leap frogged into second place, then engine damage struck and my speed really dropped, 3rd place guy over took me, then spun and took me off track and down into 6th place - pretty peed off about that. Over all though I deserved second or third and I'm pleased with my performance, had some good battles too whilst leading with Andy behind.

Nah, I deserved 3rd, hehe, well, maybe fifth, I hope that on the last few laps when I came and attacked everyone I didn't upset people on the way round? As I have said, after the BSOD five minutes before race start I was too eager to just get on track, left my fuel settings at 8% start and 10% pit..... 4 bloody pit stops It was a good race guys, thanks for the league.
Quote from anttt69 :Yes that what tim told us two days ago :yawn:

Firstly, I would just like to say to Ant, I told you I would investigate, and I did. Do you know how long it took me to sit and watch the replay? The replay on the server started at 10:45 (UTC) on Saturday and I watched it until around 17:40 (UTC), there was more to the replay, but I did not go further than this as I had seen the incident you reported. I just sat at that corner watching at 8x speed, and I caught another racer doing it earlier in the day. I then had to fast forward through again to watch it closely and to get the details so that I could inform the rest of the staff. All told this cost me around 2.5 hours of my time. I did this because you alerted me to the incident. We have then taken this information and investigated it as promised and then made a ruling (as seen on the site). To be honest, after having sat through all of that replay to then see no action being taken was pretty frustrating for me, but that is the decision of the OLFSL team and so that is how it shall be; I accept that.

Please do not suggest that I told you something and then did nothing about it (as I read your "yawn" to be). (ps if this is not how you meant it and I have misread it then I apologise now).

Anyway, onto my race: figure this out for me if you will: last race I absolutely loved it! I was clean and tidy for the entire race, my strategy was faultless and I ended up winning (I have to admit to watching the replay quite a lot, although most of this was done while debugging the RaceControl application that we use to control our events). It was great, I felt so good afterwards. I scored 60 points for winning Pool 7. This week, I manged to qualify a little better. Somehow, I managed to sneak into a mid Pool 5 grid slot (and out qualify Solar Hydro, which I normally fail to do, even though he races with a mouse and I use a G25!! (I still don't understand this)). Anyway, my race is appalling - I hate it from about lap 14 I think, when everything goes pear-shaped and I end up eating grass for about 30 seconds!! GRRRRRRRR! Then I pit and then I spin another 3 times, and then I spend the rest of the race going slower and slower! How irritating. Then I decide, 4 laps from the end, to try a new setup. I chose R2s for the race, but they are blue and not even warm enough - I lower the pressure to try to get some heat into them and make me faster around the corners. Sadly it doesn't work and I just end up having a slower top speed and a slightly slower lap time. Anyway, I end up last (11th after starting 5th) and feel so depressed it hurts. Guess how many points for 11th in Pool 5?

70.5! Where is the justice!

(Sami: don't for a minute think I am suggesting the points system changing, I am merely pointing out how it happens sometimes.)

Tim
#40 - bozo
Nice race report Tim, written like a hardened professional. Shame you'd not managed to have a repeat of the previous race. Hopefully everything will go swimingly for the next race, both admin and your race.

I had a good run in pool 3. Started 3rd from the rear of the grid, pitted on lap 3 (was getting slowed by 2 cars ahead of me), then had a very consistent race that resulted in an 8th place finish. My last few races have not gone so well, but I focused on being consistent and avoiding trouble for this race, and it payed off.
Quote from t1ger :To be honest, after having sat through all of that replay to then see no action being taken was pretty frustrating for me, but that is the decision of the OLFSL team and so that is how it shall be; I accept that.

Personally I would've punished them, but I'm quite draconian like that. However I think the layouts next time will save you from having to do this sort of thing again.
Pool 2 - For me, in the general, my race was good and I am happy with the result because it was my debut.

But I am a bit saddened by the accident in the first lap, the fight was very beautiful, but once on the long curve where there are spring-breaks, someone tried to pass where dont have space and broke into a car in front of me, I tried to divert with no sucess cause once one of the cars that were spinning came in my direction and hitted me.

But happens, for me it was an race accident, a little imprudent, but I was not hampered by the "guilty" (guilty in my point of view) but rather by the "left" of the accident, if I were elsewhere on the track I would have passed without major problems, hahaha :P

After that I stopped in the pits and later I was making a recovery-race, I finished in 11th if I not failed in my memory. Congratulations to Kamo who made a great race!

See you on the track and sorry for my bad english.
It has been an excellent weekend, Thanks guys for organising the league. A little disappointing that some chose to push the hot-lap line in qualifying, I don't think it will happen with the FO8 as it's a quicker car and benefits from the banking more than the FBM

Anyway, thanks guys, I certainly appreciate that you guys take time out of your precious weekends to do this for us:clapclap:
Quote from Kamrock :It has been an excellent weekend, Thanks guys for organising the league. A little disappointing that some chose to push the hot-lap line in qualifying, I don't think it will happen with the FO8 as it's a quicker car and benefits from the banking more than the FBM

Anyway, thanks guys, I certainly appreciate that you guys take time out of your precious weekends to do this for us:clapclap:

+1!
Pool 5 - From what I saw everyone was superbly behaved, T1 was a dream, most people just tucking in and the back of the field went through single-file.

I could have finished a couple of positions up (I finished 8th) but I had a couple of oversteer moments - and one "WTF was that?!" in the fast chicane when the car snapped round (never saw it before or since).

I apologised for tapping a racer as I drafted down the straights (lap 26 I think), obviously didn't know where my nose was!!

Enjoyed the racing last night!!
Quote from t1ger :Firstly, I would just like to say to Ant, I told you I would investigate, and I did. Do you know how long it took me to sit and watch the replay? The replay on the server started at 10:45 (UTC) on Saturday and I watched it until around 17:40 (UTC), there was more to the replay, but I did not go further than this as I had seen the incident you reported. I just sat at that corner watching at 8x speed, and I caught another racer doing it earlier in the day. I then had to fast forward through again to watch it closely and to get the details so that I could inform the rest of the staff. All told this cost me around 2.5 hours of my time. I did this because you alerted me to the incident. We have then taken this information and investigated it as promised and then made a ruling (as seen on the site). To be honest, after having sat through all of that replay to then see no action being taken was pretty frustrating for me....

Ok I understand your point Tim & maybe I was little hasty but I didn't expect you to sit through hours & hours of replay on my behalf.
IIRC I offered you a replay for the incident I reported, (on friday) & it was only 25mins long. You said no thanks I have already got the replay. (I tried) The term 'mountain out of a molehill' springs to mind. How do you think I got the pictorial evidence? It must of taken me all of 10mins.
I have to say I was also frustrated my the lack of punishment as were many other drivers but the cheater that I named & shamed never even showed up to the race
Quote from hugoluis :Congratulations to Kamo who made a great race!

Thx - Very unfotunate accident took you off the track - I was lucky to not get involed in it.
Quote from anttt69 :
IIRC I offered you a replay for the incident I reported, (on friday) & it was only 25mins long. You said no thanks I have already got the replay. (I tried) The term 'mountain out of a molehill' springs to mind. How do you think I got the pictorial evidence? It must of taken me all of 10mins.

Ah, a good point and well made

Tim
Quote from anttt69 :I have to say I was also frustrated my the lack of punishment as were many other drivers but the cheater that I named & shamed never even showed up to the race

So you would consider it fair if it was picture of you cutting and you would have been penalized, while there were (possibly/likely) others cutting the same corner but were not caught and got no penalty?

Because that would have been the case.

I'm confident that we made the right decision here.
You have a valid point sami, but what if the police managed rule breakers in the same way that you do?

Imagine the scene:
'theif climbing out of a window with a HD recorder under his arm'

Officer: "Stop right there, I'm arresting you on suspicion of theft"
Theif: "Hold on you cant do that, my mate kev was out thieving just the other night. If you arrest me but not him that wouldn't be fair."
Officer: "Hmmm you're right it wouldn't be fair to punish you alone, oh well consider this a warning. Be on your way."

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG