The online racing simulator
Event 3 FBM @ Kyoto
I cant believe what i just saw, DFH]Matuesz cutting as much as he could off the final corner to get a better time!

Unbelievable cheating, the apron is not the track.

Swift & harsh punishment should be dealt.

Not to mention what I witnessed yesterday, this league is full of dishonest cheaters. You should be ashamed.
Attached images
cheat.JPG
cheat2.JPG
#2 - t1ger
Thank you for the report. This is being investigated.

Tim
i have the replay if required
#4 - t1ger
I already have it, thanks!

Tim
scoupegt, check also that racer if you can, he cut at least one lap.
This is getting silly. Admin should have put something in place (like a few well placed bales) to stop people cheating.
I have now had 5 reports of people cheating & thats only from random witnesses.
The new system has really let us down this time .
I hate people who cheats..
#8 - bozo
Well, at least the rules state what the outcome will be ...

"... if the staff of *The Original LFS League discover that you have been taking illegal shortcuts to improve your time, have constantly been hitting obstacles and/or breached the rules in other ways, you may be disqualified from the event and/or receive a penalty."

Most drivers that I know in this league are extremely fair and fun to race with. I'm hoping that the punishment will be harsh to keep it that way.
i also hate such drivers who cut to get a better time.
but i dont think that he was faster with this line, i think was even slower then with the normale line.
+1 with Bozo , it seems that even in pool 1 this trick was used .
Yes, i believe so to. I tried in hotlapping and even though you make the turn faster, your out speed is ridiculously low, so no point in doing that. It costs about 2-4 tenths in the last sector.

But still, it's cutting.
Quote from bratwurst :
but i dont think that he was faster with this line, i think was even slower then with the normale line.

A 2nd split of 1.11.70 you do the maths.
mega lol , I love the real emotion that the bloke shows as he throws that PC down on to the concrete with all his might.
-
(shimanofr) DELETED by shimanofr
Quote from anttt69 :A 2nd split of 1.11.70 you do the
maths.

1.11.70 + 35.38 my last sector without cutting hlvc = 1.47.08!! and not 1.47.39

1.47.39-1.11.70="35.69" !!

but I would like to know the hour of my race because I must leave my dog , ;-)
In my Oval experience (not hotlapping) I've noted that using this line normally costs more time than it gains, however it is being investigated.
@ shiman
Well this is not HVLC Hotlapping is it?
Quote from anttt69 :A 2nd split of 1.11.70 you do the maths.

well i did and his last split is 35.69 which isnt rly fast.
nevertheless he tried it so he should be punbished for that.
I think there's a loophole in the OLFSL rules, which state that HLVC is the norm of what is being considered valid and which not valid.

Quote from OLFSL Rules :
The driving line must be taken as laid out by the track. With this in mind, you must try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times and not hit any of the cones, tires, barrels or walls . You'll find that this is the same as the HLCV system you must follow while hotlapping.

Using the apron gives a perfectly valid HLVC lap, so according to the posted OLFSL rules it shouldn't be a problem for anyone using it. Actually a few world records have been done that way without ever being a problem or question about that since the very early days of S2, as far as I know. On the other hand, using the apron is not the obvious thing to do and the presence of the yellow line along the apron unconcioulsy dictates not to cross it.

So, there's a certain ambiguity about this in OLFSL and "cheating" is not exactly the right word to use. In OWRL for example, there is a separate paragraph in the rules, especially for the case of KY2, stating that using the apron is not allowed.

That's why I said this is a loophole in the current OLFSL rules. Because typically using the apron is not forbidden by the posted rules (they state that HLVC is the norm).

My suggestion for the future would be for OLFSL to use layouts in the qual/race servers, blocking parts of the track which should not be used, even if they give a perfectly valid HLVC hotlap. Even tonight, during the races. This would be clear crystall to everyone

As for the apron in KY2, I think that it needs a lot of practice and effort to take advantage of it. If it is not done properly, it yields in worst laptimes. If it is done properly, it can give 1 to 2 tenths at the best. I've tried it both ways and I found out that laptimes below 1.46.4xx are equally hard to get achieved, whether using the apron or not.
On the other hand, I read that smart guys (and certainly more gifted than me drive-wise) like Rocabiliz, tried both ways and stated that the apron didn't help them improve their (out of this planet) laptimes.

At the end of the day, I dunno if it helps or not. I used to think it could help just a little bit after a lot practising, but Rocabiliz says otherwise. It could be that I didn't try really hard both ways, or that my (lesser) driving skills are not enough for judging correctly.
Quote from russraine :, however it is being investigated.

Yes that what tim told us two days ago :yawn:

I cant believe it DFH]Matuesz is in Pool 3! You actually put him in a race?
Quote from migf1 :I think there's a loophole in the OLFSL rules, which state that HLVC is the norm of what is being considered valid and which not valid.

Thats not a loophole, thats wishful thinking.
The apron is not part of the track so using is against the rules.
Quote from anttt69 :Thats not a loophole, thats wishful thinking.
The apron is not part of the track so using is against the rules.

I don't know why you are so aggressive, I don't even know if you have even tried using the apron to judge for youself whether it helps you or not to improve your laptimes.

Accusing me for "wishful thinking", although I supported what I said, although I have suggested to use layouts in tonight's races, although I DO NOT take part in the OLFSL, although I suggested ways to close the loophole, is not really a wise argument, not even a smart one.
How am I being agressive? lol

The rules state: the driving line must be taken as laid out by the track

If you would care to explain how turning onto the apron & using it as a shortcut is within the rules I am all ears.

Event 3 FBM @ Kyoto
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG