The online racing simulator
Round 8 : Fern Bay Black : Post race discussion
Firstly, as soon as I get a set of replays from last nights race, I'll get the final standings updated!!!.

As for the race, qualifying was crap, I forgot to put my ballast on, and had to start from the back of the grid.

Race was ok to start with, was catching Bean0 and Spankster, with Loco right behind me, I went into the bridge section a little sideways, loco clipped me, and it took us both off, pure racing incident.

I spent the rest of the race trying to claim back as many places as possible, and I think I ended up 10th

Oh well, bit of a let down race after such a top season
#2 - bozo
Round 8: Fern Bay Black: Post race discussion
Not a great final race for me. Got hit from behind on the first lap by Niall which lost me 3 places as I slid into a barrier and suffered some minor suspension damage. Then on lap 9 as I was tracking Dan he knocked a tyre out in the first chicane, I couldn't avoid it and suffered rather terminal suspension damage. Limped all the way round the track to the pits, waited an age for all the major repairs, then tried to complete the race without being lapped - but Hannu caught me on the final lap.

Big congratulations to Hannu for such mastery of the RAC. A well deserved championship win.

Many thanks to Dan for organising this season. It's a joy to drive amongst such good company, and the organising has been top notch.
Threads merged
Whoops, I forgot the race.
Quote from bozo :Not a great final race for me. Got hit from behind on the first lap by Niall which lost me 3 places as I slid into a barrier and suffered some minor suspension damage.

Sorry about that, it wasn't my intention
#6 - P1lot
How much wind?!!
In the 15 minute qualification it did not go smoothly. I got some damage after hitting a wall, and every lap I ended up catching the same guy infront and aborting the quicklap. I was positioned at something like 12th. I had to sit by the trackside so he could get a huge distance in front and then realised I only had one more shot at it before time ran out. Despite my damage I managed to post a pb and jump up to 2nd

On the start grid and the message reads a huge 16mph wind, uh-oh.
This race was one of my most nervous and again things didn't go smoothly. I had to make sure I finished ahead of lococost so that he couldn't take 3rd place in the championship away from me, so I was very careful at the dreaded green chicane. I still made many mistakes as I tackled the wind and slipped down two positions, I didn't care, I just had to bring it home. It took me 5 laps to finally suss out the wind direction and how it affected the braking zones and lines.

Vain and DaveWS had been fighting between themselves in front so had not go too far ahead. Vain then found his legs and trotted off into the distance while I began swapping positions with DaveWS. I didn't contest his passing attempts, I just wanted to be careful. Didn't help when I outbraked myself on lap 6!

After about half way I started finding the groove. My practice had resulted in unuseable red tyres after approximately 7 laps, and this was a worry going into the race. But my conservative style meant I had perfect greens throughout. I think DaveWS then struggled with his tyres in the second half of the race, all the while I was getting faster. So I finished 3rd with Vain a distance in front and Hannu another light year in front of him. Congrats to Hannu, commanding and deserved winner.
Well, what can I say? Started 8th with beating my pb for almost a second, truly amazing. My race last 4 minutes but they were great, swapping positions with speedway at the start and defending against spankmeyer... and then *boom* at the green chicane

Was good to watch tho, big fights by spank/bean0 and vain/davews/p1lot and fair race as usual.
#9 - Bean0
I really enjoyed the combo, tricky but fun.

Was having a great fight with Spanky for 7th (i think) then clipped the tyres and flipped.
Pretty annoyed with myself for such a silly mistake ruining what could have been a half decent result for me.

Another stonking drive from Hannu, congrats on the title...well deserved
Once again I didn't practice for this, and once again that caused me lots of problems. The setup I was using didn't fully suit my style of driving, especially under braking, where I like to balance the car under the throttle. However it was my own fault for not giving myself more preparation. My tyres were cooked after a couple of laps, and so there was no real need for me to waste my time fighting for the podium.

Congratulations to Hannu for the race and championship.
#11 - Vain
I'm the one to blame for Dave's tyres.
I had a nice race. During quali I was hoping to be able to make an impression on Hannu from the second grid spot, like in the Bl GP race, but p1lot eventually managed to claw into 2nd and when the race started Dave decided he'd like to get a shot at it himself.
My race start was a bit rotten. I was very unconcentrated and not very happy about my position, but when I later found into the rythm things worked beautifully. I even had to worry about undercooling the rear tyres. My laptimes didn't reflect the good tyre condition though because I had no one in sight in either direction, which made it hard to stay focused. So I concentrated on bringing second home.

Cogratulations to Hannu for the win of the race and season.

Vain
#12 - bozo
Quote from niall09 :Sorry about that, it wasn't my intention

It's not a problem, it's just been a bit frustrating in a number of races that I've found my little RAC pushed around by the FZs.

Quote from P1lot :... and every lap I ended up catching the same guy infront and aborting the quicklap.

I think that may have been me. I got out of the pits quickly, and found myself at the front of the pack. I was intending to let anyone much quicker pass, but everytime you came close you dropped back again.
Anyone have a replay of this race? LFSBC will be running here in their final race.

Thanks
thanks!

Round 8 : Fern Bay Black : Post race discussion
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG